SP - General fighting as your governor in a defensive siege

Users who are viewing this thread

If one of your clan's fiefs is under siege, and your character is not there, fight as your governor.
This way you can participate in high stakes battles not initiated by the player.
By keeping this system confined to governors it keeps the focus on the clan.

I personally really like the body sliding feature of the RTS mod. For me it doesn't take away from the focus on you main character.
it is, on the contrary, very cool to see you character galloping by.

It's not realistic. Basically, You take over the other person's body.
If this would be implemented (which I doubt ) there should be an option to toggle it on or off.

It's not realistic. Basically, You take over the other person's body.
If this would be implemented (which I doubt ) there should be an option to toggle it on or off.
It definitely should be a option. Like a message appearing that a siege attack is happening and if you want te be participate as your governor. It is not meant to be realistic, but as the focus in Bannerlord is on the clan rather than only on the main character, for me, this would not be to far fetched. The main fun at the moment is fighting battles. The kingdom management is lacking. It is a known problem that the player barely has an opportunity to participate in an defensive siege. This is being worked on in the new patch, but I would stil not like to sacrifice a % of troops to bolster a garrison. This way you get a better connection to your clan members and you get to fight in more high stakes battles, as a player you normally have the ability to avoid unfavourable confrontations.

It definitely should be a option. Like a message appearing that a siege attack is happening and if you want te be participate as your governor. It is not meant to be realistic, but as the focus in Bannerlord is on the clan rather than only on the main character, for me, this would not be to far fetched. The main fun at the moment is fighting battles. The kingdom management is lacking. It is a known problem that the player barely has an opportunity to participate in an defensive siege. This is being worked on in the new patch, but I would stil not like to sacrifice a % of troops to bolster a garrison. This way you get a better connection to your clan members and you get to fight in more high stakes battles, as a player you normally have the ability to avoid unfavourable confrontations.

On other hand, it takes away the strategic aspect of the game. If You have the kingdom. Learn to manage, when, and where to lead Your army or stay in defense where it's needed. The better option would be to let Your companion armies to defend/patrol strategically vulnerable positions. Another option is to place more quality men defending stronghold or city.
I never had the issue with losing some castle.. after all, it a war You gain and lose stuff depending on Your strategic decision-making. :smile:

I totally understand your point, the problem is the lack of options with kingdom management. The mods Party AI and improved garissons improve this situation a lot.
I do not think My suggestion takes away from your other points. Kingdoms management, quality of garrison, and strategic usage of your army would still be as important, the only difference is you would be there to see the engagement through the eyes of your clanmember.

I totally understand your point, the problem is the lack of options with kingdom management. The mods Party AI and improved garissons improve this situation a lot.
I do not think My suggestion takes away from your other points. Kingdoms management, quality of garrison, and strategic usage of your army would still be as important, the only difference is you would be there to see the engagement through the eyes of your clanmember.

The problem with Improved garrisons is that they get big and a lot of people have reported that 50-100 man big patrols got wiped out by few looters, and since they don't have the option to resupply men, they are pointless as they get destroyed in a short time.

But yeah. I get that the game is about battles, but after like 10 battles it gets repetitive and dull, You do same thing over and over again really.
I can get 100 Khuzait horse archers and woop any army really.

I'm a big fan of strategy and diplomacy and kingdom management.
Would be cool to see non-aggression pacts, defensive pacts implemented. And it makes no sense for example Khuzaits declare war on Vladia on the other side of the map..for that would be really amazing if they implement the territorial system, and that You need Military access to cross another kingdom or if You violate that faction gets relation penalty no?
But let's wait and see how the finished game turns out and have expanded modding tools to implement features like that. :smile:
Ps. I really miss ship battles from Vikings Conquest, fingers crossed they put that in here too...I mean You can't give people amazing feature in older version and not implement it in the newer one. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom