SP - General Fight your way out when staying in a city that turns hostile

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi! I've been playing since launch and just can't stop playing. I've also been thinking about relatively small events that would add some variety to the game similar to the prison break mechanic. I suggest that when your party is waiting in a city that turns hostile due to an outbreak of war, you and your companions should have to fight your way out. You and a companion or two would be either stopped in the street, keep, or tavern by city militia and have the option to bribe, surrender, or fight. If you got past this first confrontation then you would need to get yourself out of the city through the front gate. You could either make a fighting dash for it or try to round up your companions first.

The fight your way out event could vary based on some perks and levels in the following ways:
1) A main character with a high enough scouting/roguery skill would have some advance notice and start the event with more companions at their side.
2) A companion with a high enough scouting/roguery skill could warn the main character in advance and give you a head start.
3) A noble or notable could give you advance warning and a head start.
4) Criminal notables could smuggle you out of the city for a price based on your relation and roguery/charm level.

One of a thousand good ideas to make the game better. However, the problem I see with this is probability.
First, you have to be in neutral territory for this to happen. Recently there's not many reason to be so. Trading (or finding rare material your peasants ask from you) is likely the only reason you ever go to non-friendly territory after becoming a vassal/king.
Second, you have to be at peace which doesn't happen that often.
Third, you have to be waiting in the city. I don't know if there's any reason to wait in a neutral settlement unless you want to get smiting stamina.
I've been playing the game for several hundreds of hours and this happened to me only once.

One of a thousand good ideas to make the game better. However, the problem I see with this is probability.
First, you have to be in neutral territory for this to happen. Recently there's not many reason to be so. Trading (or finding rare material your peasants ask from you) is likely the only reason you ever go to non-friendly territory after becoming a vassal/king.
Second, you have to be at peace which doesn't happen that often.
Third, you have to be waiting in the city. I don't know if there's any reason to wait in a neutral settlement unless you want to get smiting stamina.
I've been playing the game for several hundreds of hours and this happened to me only once.
Good points - it's happened to me a few times because I tend wait a good bit in order to receive passive income from caravans/workshops and to increase the odds of new pregnancies.

I just wrote up a different suggestion for emissaries to be able to resolve issues that could lead to increases to companion/MC criminal ratings which could also lead to a fight-your-way-out scenario. Maybe this is a solution in search of a problem, but I think there could be other ways to use this mechanic. For instance, criminal notables could try to rob/kidnap you if you don't have a >10 relation score with them which could lead to something like the sandbox start from Warband.

I'm up for anything spices the gameplay though on the other hand many players, including me, wouldn't like to be put in a situation without consent to be under risk of losing an entire party and inventory. Becoming prisoner is quite a harsh punishment in the game. You lose your entire party and pretty much all of your inventory and they're not cheap. This mechanic, if worked like getting captured after a battle, would lead to reload pretty much every time after anyone loses.

Other issue is the civilian clothing. It won't be easy to fight your way out of a town, slashing through a garrison when wearing a tunic with an iron sword. *cough warband cough*

Back
Top Bottom