Fierds OP

Users who are viewing this thread

CleanWar said:
No, No, NO!
Valdis Huscarls??? That are Huscarls on horses! I'm not afraid for that at all.

Their archers? Rather call them Infantry with a stick and some string.
I agree, their melee is very strong! But you don't have archers for melee.
They are the weakest archers in the game! Every other will defeat them easly.
Ravenstern Rangers, i bet!
3 shot and the archer wil die.

They are just useless.

If you don't have respect for the mighty huscarl and then having that same scary unit mounted I don't know what game you're playing.

It's like Demonic Magni, I don't think they'd be nearly as scary if they were unmounted.

Having personally witnessed what a dismounted Demonic Magni does to infantry, archers and cavalry I must disagree most vehemently.

There are some units who are even more dangerous if dismounted, and the Demonic Magnus counts toward them. Blademasters look like first grade pupils compared to him. And booted, he´s able to target far more of your troops in a really short period of time. If you think they cause doom steering their Netherworld chargers through your ranks of infantry and archers, just lance or pike one of these Netherworld chargers down. It´s possible.

Scary.

AnddyiRaynor said:
Me naked or my ingame character naked? Or should we both be naked?

Of coz it should be you, lol how could you win the game with you char naked?

Stupid question :shock: :razz:

In my games I usually have to help the D'Shar so this time I did again against the Fierds.  I was able to get my Marshall to capture 2 castles by suggesting he attack instead of endlessly waiting around.  Pretty soon, both the Empire and Sarelon declared war against the Fierds.  I went on my usual business in the beginning game and didn't pay much attention.

Well after a little while, I noticed that the Fierds were down to one town, even though they made peace with everyone, they kept on getting attacked by the D'Shar.  It seems that with 2 more castles in the beginning, D'Shar were able to lure some more lords into their faction and their own lords became more powerful as they got more fiefs.  The Fierds kept on getting their butts kicked and when their last town was sieged, I had to step in and join their faction as a merc.  By this time the Fierds were just too weak to be able to fend off anyone else.  I was able to save them from destruction only by sieging another castle which got the D'Shar to abandon their own siege.  However I had to keep on doing this until peace was signed. 

In the end I had to join the Fierds to reverse the situation.  After a very long series of struggles against every other faction, the Fierds are finally healthy again.  Yes every game is different because small differences can end up being big factors, the so called chaos theory in effect. 

The Fierds are one of the easier factions for the player to fight, but really I don't think the differences are too great between easiest and hardest.  The infantry are incredibly tough, even if you have lots of cavalry and archers, you'll face a good number of casualties once your cavalry gets stuck in the middle of the swarm of infantry.  It's a really good thing their archers can't hit a barn door from 20 feet.  The Valks serve as good decoys to lure attention and arrows as their infantry advances.  And if you see a Fierd lord with Vanskerry Jarls as part of their force, watch out.

azxcvbnm321 said:
In my games I usually have to help the D'Shar so this time I did again against the Fierds.  I was able to get my Marshall to capture 2 castles by suggesting he attack instead of endlessly waiting around.  Pretty soon, both the Empire and Sarelon declared war against the Fierds.  I went on my usual business in the beginning game and didn't pay much attention.

Well after a little while, I noticed that the Fierds were down to one town, even though they made peace with everyone, they kept on getting attacked by the D'Shar.  It seems that with 2 more castles in the beginning, D'Shar were able to lure some more lords into their faction and their own lords became more powerful as they got more fiefs.  The Fierds kept on getting their butts kicked and when their last town was sieged, I had to step in and join their faction as a merc.  By this time the Fierds were just too weak to be able to fend off anyone else.  I was able to save them from destruction only by sieging another castle which got the D'Shar to abandon their own siege.  However I had to keep on doing this until peace was signed. 

In the end I had to join the Fierds to reverse the situation.  After a very long series of struggles against every other faction, the Fierds are finally healthy again.  Yes every game is different because small differences can end up being big factors, the so called chaos theory in effect. 

The Fierds are one of the easier factions for the player to fight, but really I don't think the differences are too great between easiest and hardest.  The infantry are incredibly tough, even if you have lots of cavalry and archers, you'll face a good number of casualties once your cavalry gets stuck in the middle of the swarm of infantry.  It's a really good thing their archers can't hit a barn door from 20 feet.  The Valks serve as good decoys to lure attention and arrows as their infantry advances.  And if you see a Fierd lord with Vanskerry Jarls as part of their force, watch out.

It happend to me, one time too.
The biginning wars, were not on the Fierds side.
At war with, Sarleon,Raven and D'shar.
The got their butt kicked XD.
For the fun i was wandering trough their lands.
Saw a 3000-2000 battle XD
Largest battle i ever saw in my Mount and Blade (Warband) gaming time.

noosers said:
Having personally witnessed what a dismounted Demonic Magni does to infantry, archers and cavalry I must disagree most vehemently.

There are some units who are even more dangerous if dismounted, and the Demonic Magnus counts toward them. Blademasters look like first grade pupils compared to him. And booted, he´s able to target far more of your troops in a really short period of time. If you think they cause doom steering their Netherworld chargers through your ranks of infantry and archers, just lance or pike one of these Netherworld chargers down. It´s possible.

Scary.

Demonic Magni are more deadly when off their horse honestly.  They're just too lethal.

Really? They did managed to kill a couple of my Hero Adventurers, although they did fall short of my heavy infantry. Their horses are pretty weak, but I'm pretty sure stats-wise, they're much better than the average Knighthood orders.

Which begs the question. Why aren't you using Foot Knights for sieges? Pendor Knights have 300 WP, while the infantry variant has 360 WP with better ironflesh and power strike. This means that the mounted Knights are easily outclassed by Huscarls, Legionnaires and Bladesmasters.

Moreover, Pendor Knights and Queen Guards both use shields and one-handed swords, but the Queen Guards have better stats, so clearly they should be better fighters than the Knights, especially so without any horses. I personally never use Queen Guards, and those I get, I just give to a lord of mine, since they come in such limited quantity and are expensive to maintain.

Default Username said:
Which begs the question. Why aren't you using Foot Knights for sieges? Pendor Knights have 300 WP, while the infantry variant has 360 WP with better ironflesh and power strike. This means that the mounted Knights are easily outclassed by Huscarls, Legionnaires and Bladesmasters.

Moreover, Pendor Knights and Queen Guards both use shields and one-handed swords, but the Queen Guards have better stats, so clearly they should be better fighters than the Knights, especially so without any horses. I personally never use Queen Guards, and those I get, I just give to a lord of mine, since they come in such limited quantity and are expensive to maintain.

Oh my... I never count such things myself. I just take a bow and shoot them until they won't move...

Back
Top Bottom