Fields of Mars - Leaderboard update visit fieldsofmars.eu

Users who are viewing this thread

Marko͘

Section Moderator

Welcome to Fields of Mars, a new Native battle server. Inspired by the influx of enthusiastic division C and D players and the absence of a populated EU battle server, Fields of Mars is our attempt to reintroduce a large battle server for casual and more competitive players looking to have some fun.

Server Information
Slots: 60

Rules
  • No intentional teamhitting, teamkilling, glitching.
  • No flaming, racism, spamming or toxicity in chat.
  • Other common sense rules apply
Map Rotation:
Regular rotation
  • Beairteasv2
  • Castellum
  • Dreiecksdorf
  • Fort of Honour
  • Frosthaven
  • Legacy Town
  • Mountain Fortress
  • Naval Outpost
  • Reveran Village
  • River Village
  • San'di'boush
  • Verloren
Experimental rotation
  • Bhaile
  • Dijon
  • Gosgrad
  • Gradnica
  • Hartonkeep
  • Port Azur
  • Prison Hill
  • Ruins Rebuilt
  • Lavender Fort
  • Solitude(some edits to spawn locations)
  • Steppe Village
  • Barricade
  • Brezeliad
  • Granular Village
  • Port o' Praven(Some edits to spawn locations)
  • Raven's Nest
  • Steppe Assault
  • Viking Village

Features/Serverside changes
  • Online leaderboard found at www.fieldsofmars.eu - tracks player statistics
  • Fame is earned by killing(+4), assisting(+2) or dismounting(+1) enemies. You lose the same amount of fame for killing, assisting or dismounting a teammate.
  • Adimi mod tools integrated serverside.
  • Community Stats Patch
  • Archers and cavalry limited to 25% of player population each.

In the future other features like delayed cavalry spawns, MoF improvements might be implemented, depending on server popularity.

Requests:
Unban Request
Code:
[b]Your nickname:
Date & Time (if possible):
Who banned you?:
Reason for the ban:
Why you should be unbanned:[/b]

Ban Request
Code:
[b]Your nickname:
Name of Other Player:
Date and Time(if possible):
Reason for the ban:
Evidence (Screenshots/Recordings):[/b]

Big thanks to Ianitori for the thread, Mark for providing the server, OGL for advice on server settings, wilsonglass for the vector resources.

Last edited:
So, we'll have a bit of a gathering between some groups at 19.00 GMT today to try and kickstart the server population and keep it rolling. Gathering interest for a battle server when there are alternatives like deathmatch/siege for the casuals and WBMM for the pros is going to be difficult but I figured we'll give it a shot over the next couple weeks and see how it goes.

Great opening weekend, the server is consistently populated in the evening hours. Here's some news on the server and future plans:

A new version was uploaded:
  • Community Stats Patch has been applied serverside.
  • Fixed Ruins Rebuilt fence spawn issue.
  • Fixed some annoying barriers on Halcyon Quay.
  • Fixed some adimi tools related values for easier, more automatic admining.
  • Waterfall removed from rotation.
  • Team damage was set to 50%, we'll see how this impacts the gameplay. With 30v30 a lot of unnecessary teamkills were happening.
In-progress/planned:
  • Krex is currently working on an online leaderboard. I'll share more details about it once we finalise how it's all supposed to look like, this feature will tie in with the server happy hour.
  • Cavalry spawn delay(5s).
  • Killstreak messages(Triple+).
  • Spawn blocker on map change, giving an extra 10-15 seconds to everyone who's downloading the map to spawn in time and not miss the first round.
  • Autobalance improvements.
  • Some new maps in rotation.
Huge thanks to all the Native veterans that popped on and supported the server, let's keep it going. Server population/happy hour starts every day at 19.00 GMT!

For stats nerds, some pop graphs:
a58e02e6d9.png
af74cd3bbc.png

Last edited:
New update - Leaderboard & Fame

For the past few days @Namakan and myself have worked on a new update mostly focused around the leaderboard experience. You can find the leaderboard at www.fieldsofmars.eu, it's fully functional but the design is very basic at the moment and will be improved in the future.

Update changelog & news:
  • Leaderboard available at www.fieldsofmars.eu - track players' kills, assists, deaths, KD, damage, maps played
  • New concept - player fame. You earn fame by killing(+4 fame), assisting(+2 fame) or dismounting(+1 fame) enemies. Currently it's a visual indicator of skill and playtime on the server but it'll tie into ranks and other features in the future. Ranks and fame will be seasonal, and will reset every month.
  • Happy hour - you earn double the fame during happy hour every day at 19.00 - 20.00 GMT.
  • New QoL improvements - you get a message whenever you assist or dismount someone and gain bonus fame. Should help new players feel more incentive when they do support plays.
  • Improvements to Adimi and some admining tools.

Big thanks to krex for doing a lot of work in such a short time period. Future updates will work on some gameplay & balance features, and expanding the fame system. Feel free to join the Discord and help us populate the server every day during happy hour. See ya on the battlefield :giggle:

New update - v1.1

Update changelog:
  • New feature - spawn blocker. On every map change, there is a 15 second countdown before the battle begins and spawning is enabled. This allows the map downloaders to join in the action on the first round and will enable us to safely add more maps in the future.
  • Master of the Field now spawns at 2.20 instead of 2.00.
  • Fixed join message spam on map change.
  • Join message format reworked.
  • New map: Barossa by @Krou.
  • Removed Tannenberg from rotation.

The next features in line are:
- Serverside WSE integration, for even better performance
- Fixing assists
- Ranks
- Killstreaks
- Autobalance improvements
- Class limits improvements
- New maps in rotation, and removing some poor maps in current rotation

What I'd like to hear is your opinions on snowballing and team balance. There are a few different ways we can tackle this issue:
  1. Reduce round and combat gold gain. This would give the winning team less gold to snowball, however the downside is the upgrade paths would not be in line with competitive standards and might cause some initial confusion on gold gain and upgrading.
  2. Give extra gold to teams on a losing streak. Similar to a feature found in Vikingr, if a team has lost 2-3 consecutive rounds give all players on that team a gold bonus of e.g. 500+ gold.

Last edited:
Content update - new maps in rotation

Maps added to rotation:
  • Bhaile
  • Lavender Fort
  • Solitude(some edits to spawn locations)
  • Steppe Village
  • Barricade
  • Brezeliad
  • Granular Village
  • Port o' Praven(Some edits to spawn locations)
  • Raven's Nest
  • Steppe Assault
  • Viking Village
Maps removed from rotation:
  • Ghostbough
  • Aldea Dumar
  • Halcyon Quay(Until we fix issues with invisible walls)

To be fair I always wondered why there wasn't any Battle server mode active. I'm glad to be an active member and adding more maps than default ones was truly an excellent idea. this game for now is not as near as dying as most people think and that's because some people as you and all those that helped to make this run are working day after day to bring us a nice and enjoyable experience.
Thank you to keep it up and I hope to see you all there playing!

Last edited:
To be fair I always wondered why there wasn't any Battle server mode active. I'm glad to be an active member and adding more maps than default ones was truly an excellent idea. this game for now is not as near as dying as most people think and that's because some people as you and all those that helped to make this run are working day after day to bring us a nice and enjoyable experience.
Thank you to keep it up and I hope to see you all there playing!

Back
Top Bottom