Field by the River video (custom module)

Users who are viewing this thread

Recently I started recording some Warband play... Multiplayer videos are still in the works since they require a bit of editing but uhhhh I recorded some bots playing Team Deathmatch on Field by the River. Khergits vs Vaegirs, I think 24-a-side but it might have been 13. The video isn't good quality but I think it's watchable, I'll try to get the next videos in HD.

I made one or two little changes to the original game... I think I mostly used open source resources and I claim credit for absolutely nothing. Anyways here's the video, hope you enjoy.

New video! Forest walking and first-person fighty flighty fun with the Sarranids.

That looks so good!! Well done!

Adding like roadent, deer, boar and having owl noises would totally nail it :grin:

kh'Rab: High Reach, strong shield, balanced movement speed, weak against armour.
Baht: Ranged, reliable melee damage, low defence/health, balanced speed.
Perent: Large Target, extremely high damage and health, slow movement and attack.
Razj: High movement speed, fast and piercing attacks, low defence.
Grueib: Like a small perent, but without shield/throwing rocks, better movement rate.
Sostra: Good armour, mounted, powerful ranged, poor melee damage/health.

Belendor said:
Interesting. A sign to a new IRC project? :smile:
Eh, no, this is a personal "straight-to-VHS" mod.

Rallix: I like that you analyzed the video this way, and you got it down pretty well but there are a couple things you couldn't have seen. Grueib are actually pikemen - but the Vaegir lack of horses means the pikes weren't in use at all. Razj also carry a single poison dart known as a Bluetooth. They usually throw it away uselessly (AI seem to love distance throws) but it is fairly effective against horses - a few Sostras get put on the ground from darts coming from off-screen. It's more noticeable and more efffective in Battle mode when the Razj are grouped up.

I really like looking at things like this. I mull over the game's stats and mechanics pretty often, making my own little brews.
I was thinking some time ago that it would be cool to have classes of troops that really accentuate certain specific niche roles, with very distinctive strengths and weaknesses.

I think there needs to be some sort of script which encourages AI to only use ranged weapons when they're in effective range.
Additionally, it would be great if they didn't aim only for the head.

I've uploaded a new video from the mod, fighting some strange travellers in the middle of a forest.

Fairly soon I'll upload some multiplayer videos! Maybe even tonight, who knows?

Rallix: That is what I'm going for a bit, and it is a trick trying to balance the factions with each other, especially since the AI are quite unpredictable sometimes. In the first video there's a Baht that kills four enemies one after the other with nothing but a dagger! So far though it is pretty even, the maps are the largest factor in victory typically. I would like to eventually give different "personalities" to the bots so they play to their own strengths more, certain units grouping up or trying to surround or attack in pairs, things that can alter the balance outside of just stats+equipment.

Back
Top Bottom