Fiefs income nerfed in 1.6.1 - Why???

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure, I have the feeling that we have had this issue since 1.6.0, and it just made worse after 1.6.1 due to fiefs income nerf, higher recruitable units, and who knows if anything else.

I am testing a new campaign increasing fiefs income to 40%, and while it is better, some kingdoms are still totally poor. Vlandia has tons of 40-60 men parties and all clans are poor.
What are the troop tiers in those parties? Are they still generally recruits and low tiers?

What are the troop tiers in those parties? Are they still generally recruits and low tiers?

Mid-tier I would say. What usually happens is that clans start going to bankrupt, and lords start disbanding units but at the same time they continue upgrading them. The money invested on these upgraded units is a waste, because they disband these upgraded units after some days too.

Mexxico added an AI behavior to stop recruiting when lords' parties reach the wages limit, and maybe they should also stop upgrading units. I know that this could be a double-edge sword because people could complain about lords having too many low-tier units, but it is also a bad thing to having to face really small lord parties. Plus, most part of these upgraded units are going to get disbanded after some days, so the AI is spending money unnecessarily. The new system for limiting AI parties' wages is great but it needs some polishing. If I remember correctly, before this we had a system where the AI did not pay wages if clans were pretty low of money, and I have the feeling that devs have replaced this system with the new AI limiting party system, but now the AI needs more money. Maybe it is just about increasing taxes a bit, while increasing prosperity and adding some buildings for some kingdoms fiefs.

Mid-tier I would say. What usually happens is that clans start going to bankrupt, and lords start disbanding units but at the same time they continue upgrading them. The money invested on these upgraded units is a waste, because they disband these upgraded units after some days too.

Mexxico added an AI behavior to stop recruiting when lords' parties reach the wages limit, and maybe they should also stop upgrading units. I know that this could be a double-edge sword because people could complain about lords having too many low-tier units, but it is also a bad thing to having to face really small lord parties. Plus, most part of these upgraded units are going to get disbanded after some days, so the AI is spending money unnecessarily. The new system for limiting AI parties' wages is great but it needs some polishing. If I remember correctly, before this we had a system where the AI did not pay wages if clans were pretty low of money, and I have the feeling that devs have replaced this system with the new AI limiting party system, but now the AI needs more money. Maybe it is just about increasing taxes a bit, while increasing prosperity and adding some buildings for some kingdoms fiefs.
If they have mostly mid tier units than battle loot is also smaller for them. So they have double nerf by lower taxes and lower battle loot getting them in a loop of being poor. On top of it we have loop of upgradong units that are disbanded what makes the costs higher for them. So in the end those changes broke the lords economy system.

My current campaign in 1.6.1

Day 67:

- Vlandia: 8 poor, and 3 average clans.
- Sturgia: 1 very poor, 8 poor, and 1 average.
- Battania: 3 poor, and 5 average.

I have not checked other kingdoms for laziness, but I can provide a save game if necessary.

Keep in mind that Dey Meroc clan (ruler Vlandia clan) started as a rich clan and has two towns and one castle. Somehow this clan is now poor after just 67 days… Derther, the Vlandian king, tier 6 clan, is just able to sustain a 100 men party…
Just checked my game started in 1.5.10 and 30 in game years in. In total there are 45 Very Poor clans, 23 Poor clans, 7 average clans, 2 rich clans (both aserai) and one very rich Me. So something is not balanced.

Just checked my game started in 1.5.10 and 30 in game years in. In total there are 45 Very Poor clans, 23 Poor clans, 7 average clans, 2 rich clans (both aserai) and one very rich Me. So something is not balanced.
Yeah, most of mine are dirt poor as well. Which im sure influences a lot of other mechanics as well creating a vicious cycle.

Back
Top Bottom