Fief territory

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey everyone,

I had an idea for a while and i thought i should share it: basically every fief should have an area of influence surrounding it (similar to the influece aereas of the civ games) which would affect the campaign-speed of ally and hostile parties.
Not sure about the exact numbers, but around +0,3 for ally and -0,3 for enemies seems about right.

The strategic value of capturing key fiefs would be more rewarding ( thinking of bottleneck fiefs like tubilis castle).
Snowballing would also potentially be reduced, as attackers have a bigger maulus and defenders would be quicker to arrive at a besieged fief.
Also the realistic aspect would be there, as the native nation would know of the best routes and shortcuts in their lands, unlike the attackers which invade foreign and unknown territory.

What do you guys think?

I like that idea. Maybe that could help reduce snowballing further since the so important map speed bonus would only be applied when the kingdom is "on the defense" (moving within its own territory). Let me further elaborate on the suggestion in that the bonus should be applied by culture, instead of by current owner kingdom, since that would actually be a factor that would favor original owners keeping their fiefs. Imperial kingdoms would get the bonus while on territories with Imperial culture, regardless of who's the current owner (Khuzait?). On the other hand, I'm not sure how realistic that would be.

Last edited:
As long as they remove this endless stupid comebacks like lord is coming back with 80 100 men and fast built up army 500-700. I have to work and I dont have time for this s..t to march on endless comebacks for eternity. One campaign save or faction 3 4 5 months play? I dont think so. I do agree with your suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom