Fief governors

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any point in assigning governors to towns or castles atm in 141? There are only few potential candidates and if you rule 15 fiefs you basically have nobody to govern the fiefs. It could be useful to have the ability to assign governors from other clans in my kingdom. Especially if it brings any benefit.

It has some point in some cases. For example if you assign companion with high engineer skill the building process of projects will be significantly faster.

Fully upgrading towns takes forever especially if you take it on with level 1 fortifications. A governor gives a bonus to construction. As mentioned before its boosted if they have some engineering. If the governor is the from the same race as the town it gets you a loyalty bonus which can be useful.
In my current play through I've just finished upgrading Legata. It's taken roughly 2 years game time. My best guess is I've spent around 200k in speeding up the upgrades. I usually drop another 10k if its below 5k and I think the pot only ran empty a couple of times when I was busy elsewhere.

Take a look at the management tab and see how much your govenor speeds up construction and how much the cash pot speeds the process. I'm guessing the govenors contribution is pretty substantial and potentially saved a fair bit of cash. I'm going to guess (cant get I to game to check) probably around 150-200k. That's probably more than that same character could have made if they was say assigned to caravan duty.

It has some point in some cases. For example if you assign companion with high engineer skill the building process of projects will be significantly faster.
I have two guys that I been moving between my castles to get them maxed out. Once the fiefs are maxed out I move them to the next on.

If you are using Detailed Character Creation mod, I can highly recommend „Interesting Companions” which adds 44 new wanderers with their backstories, some are amazing and it would solve your problems

Thanks for the responses. I will need to have a closer look at my companios/wife engineering skills. But my general experience is that when they are governors the experience increase is very poor. It's hard to get good eng levels.

I don't use mods for now. I will use mods in later game development cycles.

Take a look at the management tab and see how much your govenor speeds up construction and how much the cash pot speeds the process. I'm guessing the govenors contribution is pretty substantial and potentially saved a fair bit of cash. I'm going to guess (cant get I to game to check) probably around 150-200k. That's probably more than that same character could have made if they was say assigned to caravan duty.
That's a great way to look at it! For castles, the reserves system gives +20 construction for 250g per day, and towns give +50 for 500g per day. That means having a companion with 80 engineering skill (which gives +20 construction) serve as a governor would save/earn you 250g and 200g per day respectively. Over the course of a single year that becomes 21k and 16.8k denars. It's hard to account for the loss of the less tangible benefits you'd get from having that companion in a vassal party though, such as fewer bandits roaming the map and getting free boosts to notable relations.

That's a great way to look at it! For castles, the reserves system gives +20 construction for 250g per day, and towns give +50 for 500g per day. That means having a companion with 80 engineering skill (which gives +20 construction) serve as a governor would save/earn you 250g and 200g per day respectively. Over the course of a single year that becomes 21k and 16.8k denars. It's hard to account for the loss of the less tangible benefits you'd get from having that companion in a vassal party though, such as fewer bandits roaming the map and getting free boosts to notable relations.

One other major tangible benefit of a character with 80 Engineering is helping speed up sieges. Although I haven't look at it thoroughly and it might be a placebo effect.

One other major tangible benefit of a character with 80 Engineering is helping speed up sieges. Although I haven't look at it thoroughly and it might be a placebo effect.
Not sure about it. When I siege the siege exp is earned by my character, even though I have set other as an engineer. And he earns the exp only when my catapults fire and hit the walls or defensive arms. So I am not sure that it's not broken

That's true too. Bannerlordperks states that it does correctly speed up siege engine construction, but I know it doesn't currently affect what difficulty level siege enigines you're able to construct yet (that's mostly because you're able to construct all siege engines from the beginning right now anyway).

Not sure about it. When I siege the siege exp is earned by my character, even though I have set other as an engineer. And he earns the exp only when my catapults fire and hit the walls or defensive arms. So I am not sure that it's not broken

This is odd and out of line with basically every other skill but everyone involved in a siege gains engineering experience.

This is odd and out of line with basically every other skill but everyone involved in a siege gains engineering experience.
Correct.

I need to look into it more, but from what I've noticed the party member with the engineer role seems to gain more experience compared to everyone else.

I don't know. When I am into siege and when it's building the catapults the game log clearly only says my name and how much exp I got, but when the catapults fire, THEN the log says how much exp my engineer got. When the firing stops and siege continues, it writes my char again. Maybe it gives exp to all the chars and just writes my name, but I am not sure

In most of my cities and towns I don't have governors. Maybe I am progeessing too rapidly. Too many fiefs to micromanage. Lot of denars from 11 towns so I don't care about 250k denars.
My game son just reached 18. Maybe the whole game expects me to progress more slowly. Have 12 children which can be governors.
The only problem is that there is not much to do in the fiefs once all is upgraded. It's a shame.

Yeah, not sure if there's anything else you can do with Governors but but I pick up as many engineers as possible to stick in fiefs just for the build speed. Even the 15% from the bad eng is worth it. Getting Gardens/grainery up and running ASAP is important.

I don't know. When I am into siege and when it's building the catapults the game log clearly only says my name and how much exp I got, but when the catapults fire, THEN the log says how much exp my engineer got. When the firing stops and siege continues, it writes my char again. Maybe it gives exp to all the chars and just writes my name, but I am not sure
Same here, it's weird. Also if I try to be the engineer, with 5 FP in it, it levels absurdly slow anyways. There's no point in not using a companion since by the time you out skilled them the game would be over. This makes it extra annoying that the player char still gets exp since it can't do anything but level bloat. As long as level brings down global learning speed this kind of stuff is bad.

Back
Top Bottom