Users who are viewing this thread

Baradeer

Recruit
So I quit playing for a while to wait for more content to become available and have been super impressed by all the work that has been done to the game. That being said the things that are ruining the game for me are the inability to give away fiefs and the price of recruiting lords.

I am finding myself in a position where I cannot give the fiefs I have taken over as a solo lord away, this puts me in the position where I either have to lose territory (Not a good option) or manage many thousands of troops and a dozen towns. While it's possible, it's a strain on the purse and makes me spend more time training troops than doing things I enjoy. The game would be much more enjoyable if I could just give fiefs away.

On a similar topic, recruiting lords costs upwards of a million gold. Now I know it should not be easy to recruit a lord, but in the case, I am in, it cost 1mil to recruit a lord with no fiefs that are in a faction that barely exists due to my constant battering of their troops and towns.

I think a good solution to the lord recruiting problem would be to either lower the cost based on their relation to you, their fear of you, (based on how much damage you have done to their faction/ and or your reputation.) or add the option to offer fiefs as leverage for them to join you. I feel like a mix of all three would be good as well, seeing as a fief would give infinite value I think it should give a LARGE bonus going towards them joining you.

Once again I love everything you guys have done with the game, but these changes would make solo factioning (ruling your own kingdom) doable. Currently, without the implementation of some way to fix these issues, it's barely playable as a solo faction. Very playable as a vessel though. I would love to hear everyone else's thoughts on this as well. Also if anyone has a workaround to these problems I would love to hear them.

Edit -Thank you Clovis for the advice, it is now updated to be easier to read. =)

Last edited:
I would love to reply, but I am way to old to easily read that great gray wall of text.

Hint: How about breaking it up into paragraphs sp people can read it more easily..

i would also add the posibility to give villages away! therea are too many lords for the amount of towns and castles that there are in the game. being able to give villages to lords would help out those lords not run out of money like it always happen. love your idea!

I think a good solution to the lord recruiting problem would be to either lower the cost based on their relation to you, their fear of you, (based on how much damage you have done to their faction/ and or your reputation.) or add the option to offer fiefs as leverage for them to join you. I feel like a mix of all three would be good as well, seeing as a fief would give infinite value I think it should give a LARGE bonus going towards them joining you.
I believe if you get your trade value up to 225, you will be able to include towns and castles in barter attempts... i am striving to reach that number now on my first play through that has survived through all the patches

I believe if you get your trade value up to 225, you will be able to include towns and castles in barter attempts... i am striving to reach that number now on my first play through that has survived through all the patches

While that is not a bad skill (if it's implemented) its skill requirement is too high to be of any practical use. 225 takes some dedication to trade to get. maybe if it was a lower charm lever like 75 or 100 I think it would be doable. That way you still have to work for the option, but it's a skill you get passively by interacting with lords.

Unfortunately the game lacks many essential things, which however with mods can already be done, that is why I am unable to play without mods because the experience would be very frustrating. For example, the case that you comment: in my game I have married my brothers and I have ceded a fief to each one so that they found their own faction (vassal of my kingdom), create their groups, armies, have children, etc. so I no longer feel so alone at the peak of power, -) And I plan to do the same with my children when they come of age ...

Back
Top Bottom