Fief allocation: Influence based on DKP system

Which option would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Now the current system seems quite arbitrary. Maybe there's some sense to it but if so, it alludes me.

My personal preference is there ought to be some kind of "congress" where fiefs are allocated after the war concludes so this would give an impetus for clans to sue for peace asap as well once there are fiefs to be allocated.

This congress would be held at the capital/town where the current ruler resides. There's a system in place where the player can discuss/trade influence for e.g. if you give me so much influence, I'll spend some of that on supporting you. Once some time has passed, the votes get cast and then the top 3 contenders get selected. Those top 3 contenders then can spend as much influence as they want to get the fief. The person who spends the highest gets it. The congress then moves on to the next fief.

The simpler system is like an auction with a min buy in and top 3 with the highest influence will get selected. Every round will require them to up the ante or forfeit. Last one wins the fief.

Beauty of this is it'll eventually drain everyone's influence points...rather than the 1000s we have after several years.

The fief elections still work as described in this post:
With the new patch the fief election formula has changed a bit, so I figured I would update everyone on what has changed. A couple new variables were added, and some of the old ones were tweaked. Here's the new Merit Score equation:

Ballot-Merit-Equation-1-4-3.png

• The Clan Tier Bonus has not changed.
  • The Total Clan Strength now properly subtracts out the garrison strength of the captured fief from the faction ruler's total strength, which will lower the faction ruler's bonus by a small amount.
  • The No Fief Bonus has not changed and is still 30.
  • The Capturer Bonus has been reduced to 30 (from 50).
  • The Ruler Bonus has been reduced to 60 (from 100).
  • The Poverty Bonus is now added when clans have < 30k gold. The less they have the bigger the bonus up to a maximum of 30. The exact formula to determine the bonus is [30 - (Clan Gold / 1000)], so if a clan has 20k gold they get 10 points, if a clan has 10k gold they get 20 points, etc.
  • The Player Bonus is a flat 30 point bonus that only applies to the player clan.
The Player Bonus + Capturer Bonus now equals the bonus that the faction ruler gets from the Ruler Bonus, so those will cancel each other out if the player captured the fief.

Unfortunately, the issues with the newly captured fief being included in the Distance Factor calculations, and the value of the captured fief being included in the total value of all the clan's fiefs (meaning it gets counted twice for rulers), are both still present.

I don't know what the status of that issue is, whether it's intentionally being kept that way, or if it was just forgotten about. Keep in mind that these two factors somewhat balance each other out, since the value of the captured fief will reduce the faction ruler's Merit Score, while the distance factor will increase the Merit Score.
[Fixed with a recent hotfix]

Here is a link to the equation as it was in 1.4.2 as a comparison.
In addition to these factors, increasing your relations with clans will make them more likely to throw more influence behind your claim if they have certain traits. Lords with both honorable + calculating traits are the best for this. Dishonorable lords don't vote in fief elections at all (except for themselves).

I think if you base the fief distribution on spending influence, then the most powerful clans will tend to just snatch up all of the fiefs, because their influence income usually outstrips the weaker clans. Clans with few or no fiefs will have trouble keeping pace with the most powerful clans with a bunch of fiefs.

The fief elections still work as described in this post:

In addition to these factors, increasing your relations with clans will make them more likely to throw more influence behind your claim if they have certain traits. Lords with both honorable + calculating traits are the best for this. Dishonorable lords don't vote in fief elections at all (except for themselves).

I think if you base the fief distribution on spending influence, then the most powerful clans will tend to just snatch up all of the fiefs, because their influence income usually outstrips the weaker clans. Clans with few or no fiefs will have trouble keeping pace with the most powerful clans with a bunch of fiefs.

Oh nice. Thanks for that.

Still, I don't think that will be the case because they'd need to pay the weaker clans to vote and if you're familiar with DKP, at some point, you're going to have enough to get loot.

Back
Top Bottom