Few Questions with City Management, Speed modifier and Battle Command

Currently viewing this thread:

brian82406

Recruit
I just gained a town settlement in my game play and I am having some trouble understanding it after playing it for a few days.

First of all, regarding the question of security, I thought the perk Mounted Archery from Archery line is supposed to give 20% more value to the archer type garrison unit, but it somehow gives me -0.13 penalty against the security of my city without much reason.

Secondly, the daily tasks in town management doesn't appear to work at all. It used to be that you can see the predict change of prosperity, loyalty or militia trained whenever you change the daily task, but now I can see nothing, and it doesn't seem like it is doing anything as well.

Thirdly, did they hide the modifier of speed? because I couldn't find it when I put my mouse on speed. I know they nerf Khuzait, but I still wanna see the modifier.

Also, why did they take away the command option that force archer to maintain the line and face a certain direction (the original F2-F1 at 1.54)? It is actually very troubling when your archers always randomly broke formation to face the cavalry behind the line while they should be firing at infantry line. I thought the original Battle command button was very intuitive, still don't get why that specific command is taken away.

madnessario

Veteran
The following are based on my observations and not by actually reading the code.

I just gained a town settlement in my game play and I am having some trouble understanding it after playing it for a few days.

First of all, regarding the question of security, I thought the perk Mounted Archery from Archery line is supposed to give 20% more value to the archer type garrison unit, but it somehow gives me -0.13 penalty against the security of my city without much reason.

Is this the overall security? Hover over the value and check how it is calculated. Security drift should push you closer to 50 and security from garrison is calculated in relation to the militia(?) of the town. The boost from the perk probably affects only the latter value.

Secondly, the daily tasks in town management doesn't appear to work at all. It used to be that you can see the predict change of prosperity, loyalty or militia trained whenever you change the daily task, but now I can see nothing, and it doesn't seem like it is doing anything as well.

Do you have a project being built? The daily tasks need to be first in the queue to function, otherwise they are suppressed. For me the change is noticeable (change of the daily alters the calculation when I hover over the values)

Thirdly, did they hide the modifier of speed? because I couldn't find it when I put my mouse on speed. I know they nerf Khuzait, but I still wanna see the modifier.

I believe this is a (visual) bug but it should still work correctly.

Top Bottom