Few questions please, if you don't mind

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm trying to love this game for 3 years already. But I cannot. So here is my few questions about sieges:
- where, why and how enemy faction with 1 city and 3 villages taking 200+ troops every few days?
- why with only 1 town and 3 villages enemy faction has more than 50 lords with armies?
- why sieges are so painful? it takes few months of game time to destroy enemy artillery, because it pure RNG even with engineering 200+ where and how your trebuchet firing. Few shots at walls, few shots at onagers.
- why trebuchet after it was built, missing 2 turns of shooting? I mean enemy artillery shoot twice before my trebuchet wake up.
- why on the place of destroyed onager suddenly appears ballista?!
- why towns without any lords inside building siege weapons twice as faster than my engineer with 200 engineering?
- why town's militia not affected by hunger? is this some kind of terminators squad, which don't need any food?

Now few questions about other moments:
- diplomacy. When it will be implemented? Without diplomacy this game is just dumb, primitive, grindy medieval battle simulator
- why in Warband I could give a fief, town or castle to companion and THEY WERE DEFEDNING IT AND PATROLLING AROUND?! Why in Bannerlord after giving them castle or town they are just sitting paralyzed inside?!
- how workshops/towns/caravans income system working? I have very strong feeling that it has some kind of formula (total expenses+-10%)=random current income. Even if I'll capture the most prosperous city in the world it's income will exactly (my current expenses+-10%)

- where, why and how enemy faction with 1 city and 3 villages taking 200+ troops every few days?
A.I. cheats! I've heard it's gotten worse with 1.1.0, but when last I played on 1.0.3, it was inconsequential to their survival or ability to resist you. Free money/XP basically.

- why with only 1 town and 3 villages enemy faction has more than 50 lords with armies?
They're highly reproductive and high clan tier means each clan can deploy more retinues (I think 4 is the maximum and 2 is the minimum?).
- why sieges are so painful? it takes few months of game time to destroy enemy artillery, because it pure RNG even with engineering 200+ where and how your trebuchet firing. Few shots at walls, few shots at onagers.
Are you holding the siege weapons (Trebuchets especially) in reserve BEFORE deploying them? A trick you ought to use that the A.I. doesn't is to hold them back until you can have 4 at once active. If you do that, they're far more effective. If anything, I'd say the pain your describing should be the norm because sieges are too easy for the attacker, which is backwards from reality because cities aren't capable of resisting much and its easy to overwhelm the defenders once the walls have been cracked.
- why trebuchet after it was built, missing 2 turns of shooting? I mean enemy artillery shoot twice before my trebuchet wake up.
- why on the place of destroyed onager suddenly appears ballista?!
RNG?
- why towns without any lords inside building siege weapons twice as faster than my engineer with 200 engineering?
- why town's militia not affected by hunger? is this some kind of terminators squad, which don't need any food?
Because city siege weapons are much cheaper? Frankly, they ought to start off deployed because it's too easy to rush the walls if you'd rather go that route and defenders need all the help they can get to be decently challenging once you know how to play the siege minigame effectively.

Militia are junk in actual battles, but a necessary oil for cities/castles to survive since they fall very quickly and easily without a reserve of them to handle auto-battles. If anything, I think they should be buffed (especially in actual battles) because defenders are way too weak in this game.
Now few questions about other moments:
- diplomacy. When it will be implemented? Without diplomacy this game is just dumb, primitive, grindy medieval battle simulator
Short of the developers saying something, it's best to assume that what exists is what will exist with perhaps the smallest of changes.

- why in Warband I could give a fief, town or castle to companion and THEY WERE DEFEDNING IT AND PATROLLING AROUND?! Why in Bannerlord after giving them castle or town they are just sitting paralyzed inside?!
They're poor and need more money and bodies before they can be active. Plus, they start at Clan Rank 2, so they can only field 2 retinues if I'm not mistaken and your companion turned lord may have given those slots to his/her newly spawned relatives.

- how workshops/towns/caravans income system working? I have very strong feeling that it has some kind of formula (total expenses+-10%)=random current income. Even if I'll capture the most prosperous city in the world it's income will exactly (my current expenses+-10%)
Now this I don't really know, except workshops hardly make money in the best of days (and my only "strategy" is to ignore them since changing them always results in a net loss for me), towns make money based on Prosperity and tariffs (although in general they can't afford more than ~200 soldiers (not counting Militia, which are free) before going into the red, and caravans make money similar to the player therefore it's advisable to avoid spawning them all in the same places since they can cannibalize on each others profitability. I recommend looking up "Flesson" on YouTube for details--this is just my rough summary of it all.

Back
Top Bottom