Few questions and maybe possible suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Relatively new to M&B compared to most of you i expect and i have a few questions about this mod

On my last play through try as i might i couldnt get to build a shadow legion chapter,when i declared my independance i selected to follow the empire and i was able to recruit empire troops from most of my settlements.
I have been able to get shadow legion before but only once and on this my second time of trying i didnt get the option,the only options i got were pendor knight class honor troops like falcon ect ect.

The only thing i did differently on this time through was to go mercenary with the sarleon a few times where as before i was a empire vassel for about a year but im not sure how that should or would effect it.

Also if i get this problem again can i edit the txt files in any way to force it to let me build immortal and shadow troop chapters?

There probly is a suggestion thread but im going to throw this in here to save multi posting

1. Random army towns or them taking towns especially the snake cult they spread like the plague, and could easily take a castle and probly Cez and Janos,i expect it would take alot of work but would be kind of nice to add another element.
2 Also think the noldor should have a town at the start with a possible market but to buy items you would need a certain amount of relations with them.

Finally ive tried a few mods SoD,Europe 1200 and Chronicles of Talera but this mod has by far been the best by a long way and im wondering if anyone knows of another good M&B mod as there seems to be alot to pick from and out of the ones ive tried this is the only one ive really enjoyed,im willing to try any suggestions and i wont blame anyone if there not to my likeing.

Thanks for reading

Dan

My first suggestion to you, is to bring your flame retardant suit, because it's obvious you didnt do any searching for any possible answers to these questions. Secondly, use the wiki, it will tell you what you need to do to get any of the knight orders. Shadow legionnaires, i beleive are an empire based unit (since they do uh, upgrade from regular legionnaires) so while you were an empire vassal i believe it is possible for you to upgrade to them in any (some?) of the empire cities. Since you chose a different path the second time it seems, you wouldnt have the same option.

I ran a poll in the past few months to see what other mods this particular board also enjoyed, which would answer your last question.

#2 is being discussused in another thread right here at the top of the first page.

#1 which is really point #2 is not possible, because that would basically mean they'd have to be coded as one of the regular factions, and base m&b basically only allows for a certain number of those.

And yes, there is a suggestions thread, but it is locked because work on 3.0 has already begun, atleast in the developer's mind (and yes, there really is only one developer here, SD, and a bunch of little flying monkeys that poor their heart and soul into pop, most likely seeking the love and affection of said SD :grin: no offense inteneded to Faz and all the other coders/scripters/animators/texturizers/whateverelsehaveyou'ers there are)

akuthia pretty much summed it up.

dan33 said:
Thanks for reading

I wish I could say the same for you. The stickified topics cover most of your questions and suggestions. The stickified useful links thread is your friend, so is the search function. If you have questions, please refer to them before you ask questions which have already been discussed. A lot of people have put quite some effort into helping new players and easing their start and explaining things stuff for those new to the world of Pendor. The information is available, all you need to do is a bit of reading (wiki) or patiently and creatively using the search function. It works. I know. I do it myself quite often.

You number 1 is a lot more work than you´d imagine and your suggestion number 2 isn´t likely to happen anytime soon.

Having minor factions taking towns and Noldor having a city , have already been suggested before.
If you check some threads you will find quite a few answers on the matter.The main idea is that in order to be in a position to capture towns/castles or begin with a town , they would have to be coded as major factions and not minor as they are now.Saxondragon intended this mod to have the existing major factions and not more (i also believe i have read that there is a problem with defining more than 6 major factions in M&B , but since i am not a coder myself i can't verify it).
Also try to visualise what would happen if you gave Noldor the option to declare wars and take over towns , with their elite forces.Cause that's how things will be if you make them a major faction.

akuthia said:
My first suggestion to you, is to bring your flame retardant suit, because it's obvious you didnt do any searching for any possible answers to these questions. Secondly, use the wiki, it will tell you what you need to do to get any of the knight orders. Shadow legionnaires, i beleive are an empire based unit (since they do uh, upgrade from regular legionnaires) so while you were an empire vassal i believe it is possible for you to upgrade to them in any (some?) of the empire cities. Since you chose a different path the second time it seems, you wouldnt have the same option.

I ran a poll in the past few months to see what other mods this particular board also enjoyed, which would answer your last question.

#2 is being discussused in another thread right here at the top of the first page.

#1 which is really point #2 is not possible, because that would basically mean they'd have to be coded as one of the regular factions, and base m&b basically only allows for a certain number of those.

And yes, there is a suggestions thread, but it is locked because work on 3.0 has already begun, atleast in the developer's mind (and yes, there really is only one developer here, SD, and a bunch of little flying monkeys that poor their heart and soul into pop, most likely seeking the love and affection of said SD :grin: no offense inteneded to Faz and all the other coders/scripters/animators/texturizers/whateverelsehaveyou'ers there are)

Well thats the problem on the second time through that failed to get shadow legion i went as mercenary at the start of my game but when i declared independance i chose to follow the empire so i would say maybe you didnt read my post correctly  :cry:
"On my last play through try as i might i couldnt get to build a shadow legion chapter,when i declared my independance i selected to follow the empire and i was able to recruit empire troops from most of my settlement"
Edit*
So by chosing to follow the empire i should by rights be able to train empire troops?

And yes your right i didnt really search much about my suggestions,i did however see the thread about exactly the same thing as i had suggested after i had posted,the only thing i searched about was the shadow legion chapter and i didnt find anything after 20 mins,well nothing relavant anyway,there may very well be somthing but i didnt find it.

Anyway i`ll go get my suit  :grin:

Since it´s saturday night and I´ve got nothing else to do (which is really sad).

Useful links thread, stickified:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,75089.0.html

Read:
Full first post

Then:
click link to the PoP wiki:
http://popmod.wetpaint.com/

more demanding to navigate through. Doing so, you find a ton of useful informaton and this:
http://popmod.wetpaint.com/page/Knighthood+Order+Requirements

Now, reading and understanding this chart you realise that in order to found a chapter of Shadow Centurions you need 10 honor, a Qualis Gem, a location to build it, and 20k denarii.

dan33 said:
And yes your right i didnt really search much about my suggestions,i did however see the thread about exactly the same thing as i had suggested after i had posted,the only thing i searched about was the shadow legion chapter and i didnt find anything after 20 mins,well nothing relavant anyway,there may very well be somthing but i didnt find it. all my questions. I´ll flog myself for it and walk 20 km with peas in my shoes and crying out loud every third step "I shall not ignore the SeaFu!". Furthermore I swear to have a look at topics before I start new threads. Finally, I know I did wrong and plea for forgiveness of my wrongdoings for my eternal TW PoP experience pledgeing myself to all smartass knowitall wiseguy forumites.

Anyway i`ll go get my suit  :grin: Barrel of Infinite Vaseline Supply  :cry:

Yes. Good idea. Pay a bit more attention to the forum perhaps spending a few hours reading some of the information it contains. It will help you understanding the game a way better and drag you deeper into it than you´ll like. And reduce the Epic Failure moments.

Or you can continue being rather lacking on the intelligence level and proceed to ask questions regarding things that are stated and answered seemingly thrice a week. This will lead to a giant bottle of Vaseline and Faw with her AK all lubed up just for you, a flamethrower with Abyss smoking a cigar with shades on and a pile of pyre wood with yo dangling over top on the tip of the AK. It's your choice either to live a very peaceful sarcastic humor filled stay or a very painful flame filled stay, have fun and choose wisely... my trunked deities need a new soul to consume,  they are hungry....

no offense dan, but i read this:

On my last play through try as i might i couldnt get to build a shadow legion chapter,when i declared my independance i selected to follow the empire and i was able to recruit empire troops from most of my settlements.
I have been able to get shadow legion before but only once and on this my second time of trying i didnt get the option,the only options i got were pendor knight class honor troops like falcon ect ect.

Which. to me, reads:

1)"on my last play through" (meaning, the one i just stopped/finished/quit)... you couldnt recruit shadowlegions...

and then

"I have been able to get shadow legion before but only once and on this my second time of trying i didnt get the option,the only options i got were pendor knight class honor troops like falcon ect ect."

meaning, that sometime in the past, you were able to do this, when you were empire...

sorry, perhaps english isnt you're first language, or perhaps you just convey'd it poorly, but thats not what you said the second time...

Please don´t get me started.

Since I am in a really, really nice mood today I will once again repost the pure essence of the answer to your question. Since you care too little to read a post or care about reading or taking good advise I´ll tell you once more what´s required to found an order of the Shadow Legion Centurions, in case you  missed it, forgot it, or were too deeply hurt by a sarcastic response:

noosers said:
http://popmod.wetpaint.com/page/Knighthood+Order+Requirements

Now, reading and understanding this chart you realise that in order to found a chapter of Shadow Centurions you need 10 honor, a Qualis Gem, a location to build it, and 20k denarii.

If it´s late and you can´t express yourself properly it´s highly reasonable you mistook/overread something else but is it too much to ask you to read it up when providing you with a link? Is it too much to ask for to read and accept an answer? If I hadn´t handily provided you with a polite, precise answer even overstretching your currently non existent sense of humor I could understand your bitter remark.

So right now all I can ask you is to please carefully re-reading the links and the previous posts containing the links to the stickified threads. If you can´t do that or won´t that then all I can do is to ask you respecting  my opinion about you, sir,  the same way I respect yours about me. Precisely, that if people spent a lot more time on thinking, reading, applying searches and using the provided information a whole lot of other people had a way less reason to flame and annoy.

Back
Top Bottom