Feminism

Users who are viewing this thread

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
Barky said:
It's a joke, like those sexist ones you like

I believe condition one for being a joke is being funny. Without the funny, all it has is the unpleasant bits. But you must already know that, since this right here is another attempt of yours at spiteful humor.

I couldn't give less of a **** about filthy nonces and protecting their feelings. If you want to **** kids you are sick. And as a bi person **** you for comparing paedophilia to homosexuality. Thats the sort of **** that fuels homophobia.

Ah, I can see we're working with a real Einstein here.  :lol:
I don't think I made any homophobic comments, if anything I tried to suggest that we shouldn't dehumanize pedophiles, which in the meantime would be a good thing if the two were actually being compared. The only "comparison" I really made is that neither a homosexual or pedophile has a choice in their sexuality and that is just blatant fact.

But you evidently didn't read the post, maybe I used too many words above a 3rd grader's vocabulary.

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
Ah, I can see we're working with a real Einstein here.  :lol:
I don't think I made any homophobic comments, if anything I tried to suggest that we shouldn't dehumanize pedophiles, which in the meantime would be a good thing if the two were actually being compared. The only "comparison" I really made is that neither a homosexual or pedophile has a choice in their sexuality and that is just blatant fact.

But you evidently didn't read the post, maybe I used too many words above a 3rd grader's vocabulary.

Heterosexuality develops during childhood aswelll but it is not often compared to paedophilia in these terms. I'm not saying you're a horrible homophobe but these comparisons annoy me because the implicit association is still there. Reflect on the choice of metaphor you used.

You're getting desperate. Are you going to post a serious reply to my post or just keep stalling? I'll humor you and say there's a comparison, but I really don't see why it matters if it annoys you.

EDIT: Also, yes, heterosexuality is not usually compared to pedophilia because heterosexuality is normal while pedophilia is not.

Gestricius said:
Implying heterosexuality is not the standard sexuality of man.

This fact doesn't bother me. However it just annoys me that heterosexuality is presumed to be natural and not a social phenomenon like homosexuality. Both are constructed.

Barky said:
However it just annoys me that heterosexuality is presumed to be natural
Wow, yeah. Now I see what they meant by that you think that LGBT's are superior.  :???:

Barky said:
Gestricius said:
Implying heterosexuality is not the standard sexuality of man.

This fact doesn't bother me. However it just annoys me that heterosexuality is presumed to be natural and not a social phenomenon like homosexuality. Both are constructed.

No, heterosexuality is at the least natural. If you take the genetic stance on things, people who were heterosexual reproduced the most and therefor passed down their traits to their offspring far more often than homosexuals. If you just look at it biologically, the peepee is meant to go in the vajayjay, and there is a very specific function of why that is so.

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
Uh, all sexualities are natural. They exist in the natural world, among any species that does have sexuality.

Animals do not apply lables and categories their sexuality like we do, and do not associate their sexuality with cultural conventions. I agree that attraction is largely defned by hormone exposure in the womb and maybe genetics. But how we interpret these sexualities has little to do with nature. What is a stereotypical gay man? Is there anything natural about that beyond 'is attracted to men'?

crodio said:
Is homosexuality really genetical?
Wouldn't that mean that homosexuals would just auto-genocide in few generations?

Yeah, that's one of the general arguments about it not being something you're born with but instead something that is cultivated through an abnormal childhood experience and early introduction to sexuality.

I should clarify, not my view, just stating a common argument. Before Barky gets on a high horse about something else.

crodio said:
Is homosexuality really genetical?
Wouldn't that mean that homosexuals would just auto-genocide in few generations?
Historically, since homosexuality was frowned upon, many gay men took/were forced to take wives and passed down the genes. That's my understanding of it at least, I never really looked into it much.

Barky said:
Pimple_of_Pixels said:
Uh, all sexualities are natural. They exist in the natural world, among any species that does have sexuality.

Animals do not apply lables and categories their sexuality like we do, and do not associate their sexuality with cultural conventions.

Uh, yeah, they can't. They would if they could.

There are a whole lot of animal species that show sexual behavior that we could regard as non-heterosexual behavior, though. So it's probably unreasonable to assume that homosexuality can just die off by not being genetically inherited in some way. It also doesn't seem to support the idea of the upbringing of children being the cause.
I don't remember ever hearing about a connection of homosexuality and genetics inside a family either. So, hmm, maybe there are more fundamental genetic reasons why there is a chance to be homosexual within the animal kingdom? 
It's not like I have studied this so I could be wrong. But no matter what the exact reason may be, we can probably say that while not being the norm, it's not socially constructed by humans.

Barky said:
Paedo spotted.
I have no problem with you making a tasteless joke, I've made enough bad jokes in my life. But try to see the double standard you have created for yourself here.

Jokes about a rape of a woman by a man - Horrid and anyone who makes them must be ostracized in punishment!
Jokes about a rape of a child by an adult, gender unknown - A-ok!

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
He isn't saying it's not a problem. It's just that it's outside the focus of his argument, though he does use the unfortunately poor wording "the real problem".

thats because his entire argument consistently revolves around the ****ed-up opinion that both men and women are monolithical blocks with one single opinion per gender as well as around his low opinion of women that only ever allows him to put women in a victim role, because they are apparently consistently mentally and physically weaker than men and are therefore fragile wilting flowers who need protection from any harmless thing ever. The only sexist here is barky with his "I have to protect women" bull****.

He cant even bring up thw respect to acknowledge that women can also be horrible people. That they are, in fact, people and not very stupid pets or fragile dolls who need protection.

I don't think feminism based on chivalry is particularily feminist at all.

Back
Top Bottom