Female Relatives Are Worth Less Than Half As Much As Males

Users who are viewing this thread

There are plenty of issues regarding female characters in game. Their armour doesn't even fit properly (shoulder armour floats above the character)
yeah I agreed, the female armors are so ugly, omg, my wife Phea is very pretty girl, but she look so fat in her armor.

sorry my dear

I think the clothes in general not form fitting to the characters has to do with model scaling. They are all kept a 'safe' distance from the largest possible character model so there isn't overlap/cut-through. Maybe they are working on tying the scale of the clothes to the scale of the character model. /shrug.

Also armor on females shouldn't really show their figure that well. Just look at female soldiers in modern armor. The armor, outside of shoulder pieces hovering and a small extent the helmets almost obscuring their vision, sits pretty much as expected.

I think the clothes in general not form fitting to the characters has to do with model scaling. They are all kept a 'safe' distance from the largest possible character model so there isn't overlap/cut-through. Maybe they are working on tying the scale of the clothes to the scale of the character model. /shrug.

Also armor on females shouldn't really show their figure that well. Just look at female soldiers in modern armor. The armor, outside of shoulder pieces hovering and a small extent the helmets almost obscuring their vision, sits pretty much as expected.

Expensive noble armour is made to fit the individual. Male or female. The non-fitting shoulder armour is listed in the issue log, they're working on it.

I think that there might be something going on with dynamic character weight. 1.5.6/1.5.7 the balance for dynamic character weight was fixed (previously it was making characters skinny) but they over-corrected so that now characters put on weight for 2 days every time they stop in a city - it leads to a tendency of becoming overweight. You can check out your character's "real" weight in the 'v' character menu - and if you make a change it saves your character's updated weight - after this point, if your character is over-weight the effect is exaggerated in armour - as in they look even heavier than their already heavy appearance.

Is that why you can buy it from shops and swap it between characters with no consequences?

If we're going to play that game, then armour shouldn't fit any character. It should be sized for the largest possible character you can design in the character designer, and the majority of characters should be visibly rolling up their sleeves.

Or maybe we go suggest an armourer and tailor for cities so that we can resize our suits of armour every time we switch characters? Is that enough emersion for you?

:facepalm: As I said, the developers have added it as an issue. Take your facetiousness elsewhere.

It's getting off topic at this point, but it would be nice if we needed to have "noble" armor crafted (or "adjusted"?) instead of browsing it on the market square stall being offered for pretty much a third of the price of the whole ****ing settlement. Maybe we would need to find (rescue or whatever) the appropriate smith from the desired armor's culture in order to have it crafted. That would add a whole new level of "end game content" to the acquisition of noble armor without the need to simplify, making it as expensive as a whole castle.

The game is too politically correct, there is no need to have so many women with warrior attributes, both noble and wandarer.

The game is too politically correct, there is no need to have so many women with warrior attributes, both noble and wandarer.

What's hilarious to me is how all the "the Spice Vendor" dialog is about how she had all her pepper burned down in a warehouse fire, and how she was a woman trying to be a merchant in a male-dominated business...

...and there is not one single male wanderer in the entire game with merchant skill.

Yeah, trade is so "male dominated" that there literally are no men at all with trade skill.

Then there are all the women wanderers with stories about how thier fathers/families/clans dissaprove of women fighting...

...and then 1/2 the war parties are led by women.

It's like 1/2 the game was written by actual history buffs, and the other half was written by the woke PC brigade, and then the two halves got mashed together randomly.

What's hilarious to me is how all the "the Spice Vendor" dialog is about how she had all her pepper burned down in a warehouse fire, and how she was a woman trying to be a merchant in a male-dominated business...

...and there is not one single male wanderer in the entire game with merchant skill.

Yeah, trade is so "male dominated" that there literally are no men at all with trade skill.

Then there are all the women wanderers with stories about how thier fathers/families/clans dissaprove of women fighting...

It's like 1/2 the game was written by actual history buffs, and the other half was written by the woke PC brigade, and then the two halves got mashed together randomly.
it;s all about political correct lol hahahaah

yeah how come the "Spice Vendor? always a Aserai Woman?? no man and no other culture at all??
other culture not good at trading at all?
how equal is that??? lol

++

I strongly believe we need that "gender unequality flavour" in this game (remmember this is just a game i am reffering to before you throw your virtual stone). As for the game balance (which is disputable in this case)..playing woman character in Warband was not just a challange...it was huge contrast to playing male. It is what one can call reality, sad but still reality of the world of Calradia and it gave so much fun at the end of the day to subdue all man in this harsh world... Rhagaea is just one female ruler and this makes her exceptional ! Do you think that she cares about her prize on a slave market ?

P.S. I read all this and wonder if there is ONE, just ONE... genuine Woman on this forum that really cares... I couldn't resist:

CsKGz.jpg

playing woman character in Warband was not just a challange...it was huge contrast to playing male.

lmao, no it wasn't. The only differences in the code are very minor starting stat differences, and a higher requirement for renown to get the first fief. But besides that and some mildly sexist dialogue, there was really nothing that made female characters more challenging. In fact pretty much every speedrunner plays as a woman because marrying as a female character is so easy and you get so much free stuff from having a husband.

I played extensively as both and it was practically indistinguishable.

I feels like this is a topic can lead to Laws. Which is different from policies or the better version of policy, that can change and decide how many things work in game, like for example gender, inherency, and even way of life. From simple things like this to how a faction/kingdom work entirely.

Just in case I apology beforehand, if any of this comes as offensive. I'm abit inactive in the sense of real world things.

++

I strongly believe we need that "gender unequality flavour" in this game (remmember this is just a game i am reffering to before you throw your virtual stone). As for the game balance (which is disputable in this case)..playing woman character in Warband was not just a challange...it was huge contrast to playing male. It is what one can call reality, sad but still reality of the world of Calradia and it gave so much fun at the end of the day to subdue all man in this harsh world... Rhagaea is just one female ruler and this makes her exceptional ! Do you think that she cares about her prize on a slave market ?

P.S. I read all this and wonder if there is ONE, just ONE... genuine Woman on this forum that really cares... I couldn't resist:

CsKGz.jpg

Of course, this unequality flavour has to be balanced off against the commercial fact that there are paying female gamers, and the gaming market is growing more amongst women than men. And that people in general (and women specifically) might not want to role play a subservient character. Ultimately we need the game to bring in the $$$ so that they can develop further.

With that in mind, I don't mind some virtual anachronistic gender equality.

I feels like this is a topic can lead to Laws. Which is different from policies or the better version of policy, that can change and decide how many things work in game, like for example gender, inherency, and even way of life. From simple things like this to how a faction/kingdom work entirely.

Just in case I apology beforehand, if any of this comes as offensive. I'm abit inactive in the sense of real world things.
That is a woderful idea ! This way everybody will have the unique posibility to shape the world as he or she see fit.

EDIT:

Of course, this unequality flavour has to be balanced off against the commercial fact that there are paying female gamers, and the gaming market is growing more amongst women than men. And that people in general (and women specifically) might not want to role play a subservient character. Ultimately we need the game to bring in the $$$ so that they can develop further.

With that in mind, I don't mind some virtual anachronistic gender equality.

Sure that is a fair point. However I still think no single woman cares :wink: also Bannerlord isn't fitting into "woman genre profile" either. Plus imagine someone posting that man are cheaper to sell on a slave market. I'd say - they are less valueable in many aspects of life but generally i think I wouldn't care, would you ?

Peace

Last edited:
In the game, women relatives that are married off leave the family. Women also die in childbirth--for some strange reason the only non-battle related medical condition in the game that kills people outside of old age (I guess testicular cancer has been cured in this universe). First, let me say that my intention for this discussion is first and foremost, what is good for gameplay. I hear a great deal of people arguing over what is "historically" accurate and it gives me a headache because (1) I was a history major and they're often wrong and (2) this entire game is historically inaccurate from top to bottom and games usually are. Usually claiming to not like something because it's historically inaccurate is just people trying to disguise their personal preferences as objective logic.

This is bad for gameplay because the most logical course of action for the player, and really every family if they were playing intelligently, would be not to marry off your female relatives. I love that in the game women can be critical roles for your kingdom and party in the form of generals, governors, scouts, medics, siege engineers, etc. However, this also means that the relationship gain from marrying them to another family is not even close to worth losing a valuable character. On the converse side, male family members are super valuable because when they get married, you get another valuable character in the form of their wife! You also get all of the children they produce! This makes male family members uber more valuable and also means that the best course of action for your female family members is to make sure they never marry.

A much better mechanic would be to either (1) make the relationship gain from marriage extremely valuable (for instance, perhaps make it so that families won't marry off their women to you unless you return the favor) or (2) make it so that in a marriage, who leaves their family is not determined by sex (i.e. maybe you can bargain for who is joining whose family or maybe the more valuable character gets to stay in their family). That way, men and women have a chance of leaving their old family and joining the new one. Personally, I'd prefer the latter case because I think it's much easier to implement and is better for game balance purposes.
I kind of get what you mean. Honestly I wish marriage actually meant something. For example, in my current playthrough I am an Aserai lord that has two Southern Empire Cities under my control. The roleplayer in my decided marrying Ira, Rhaegea's daughter would make a whole lot of sense since it would cement my ties to the Southern Empire and give me legitimacy in my lordship over two Southern Empire Cities despite being Aserai but from a gameplay perspective, I got nothing but another companion. Further, now Ira has forgotten all loyalty to the Southern Empire and is more than willing to slaughter her family.

Honestly it would be nice to have it actually have meant something to marry her like none of her family members would ever attack my holdings or maybe being able to call members of her clan from the Southern Empire to my person banner when my faction, the Aserai went to war with the Khuzaits or something because marriage was about cementing alliances and getting power, not just another companion.

100%!

Sure that is a fair point. However I still think no single woman cares :wink: also Bannerlord isn't fitting into "woman genre profile" either. Plus imagine someone posting that man are cheaper to sell on a slave market. I'd say - they are less valueable in many aspects of life but generally i think I wouldn't care, would you ?

Peace

My partner plays. She is a woman. Which literally undermines that entire statement. You should adjust it to read "no woman I know cares"

Ironically, she prefers to play as male characters and I prefer female characters (last I checked female characters start younger so you can play them for longer). There's a whole gender studies or psychology first year university essay in there for someone.

And at the moment, men should be cheaper in the slave market. There's almost no women to sell. Supply and demand.

Back
Top Bottom