Female Lords mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any mod for the recent versions to remove female Lords, or reduce the percentage of them (not a total conversion though)? I find it kind of immersion-breaking how common female party leaders there are.

There are few shield maiden in the game, most of females lords are those whose husbands are dead or in prison... so I guess that maybe their current high number is related with the high percentage of death on battle currently applied.

Okay, but now tell us how do you really feel about women.
gotta love 'women existing is immersion breaking' when lords still die in quixotic attacks in battle,melting a kitchen knife gives you enough material to make a huge sword, and the circle formation exists (isn't infantry pie with archers facing the wrong way a nice delicacy!), among many other things...

gotta love 'women existing is immersion breaking' when lords still die in quixotic attacks in battle,melting a kitchen knife gives you enough material to make a huge sword, and the circle formation exists (isn't infantry pie with archers facing the wrong way a nice delicacy!), among many other things...

Ahhhh but women's place in society is part of our present culture wars you see, so while magic huge swords and archers not facing the direction of oncoming enemies are acceptable fantasy weirdness, women being able to cut someone's face open with a glaive on a horse riding 30kmph is emersion breaking stfu feminist revisionism.

I didn't actually ask how this makes you feel, and I don't care. It's silly, and I find it immersion-breaking.

I'm asking if there's a mod for the most recent version to change it.

I didn't actually ask how this makes you feel, and I don't care. It's silly, and I find it immersion-breaking.

I'm asking if there's a mod for the most recent version to change it.
well that's why i didn't tell you how i feel about it, i replied to someone else.

as for feelings, i can express that way fairly briefly: pity.

This mod is pretty close to what I'm looking for, or also you can manually edit them in this one

cadadr said:
as for feelings, i can express

I repeat, noone cares. It's silly and I find it immersion-breaking. I don't care if that makes you sad and mad.

It's silly and I find it immersion-breaking.
And ahistorical too.

Anyway, I don't know any mods but here is something that might help from another post (can't remember author sorry):

In lords.xlm just replace is_female="true" with is_female="false"
then delete the spouse=" fields in heroes.xlm
keep in mind that this will kind of break your game as no new children will be born and you will find no one to marry.

another way you can do it that takes more effort is to edit
<Trait id="BalancedFightingSkills" value="8" />
<Trait id="Commander" value="5" />
in lords.xlm and set those values to 0 for all females, this should make them passive and keep them in their castles.

Now that was while ago and I have no idea how that will work with new version of the game where noble population is more dynamic, because as far as I can tell it only affects default starting lords. And even in it's original version it had potential to unbalance game because it would decrease lord parties on the map. But it might be at last a clue because there should be some templates or something similar that sets parameters of dynamically created characters too.

I hope somebody will make some more comprehensive mod to get rid of women leaders at some point.

another way you can do it that takes more effort is to edit
<Trait id="BalancedFightingSkills" value="8" />
<Trait id="Commander" value="5" />
in lords.xlm and set those values to 0 for all females, this should make them passive and keep them in their castles.
This actually doesn't do anything. If there aren't enough men available to lead the clan's parties, it will pull any adult, regardless of skills. Futzing with it so it does consider skills means that almost none of the children conceived after 1084 will ever be able to lead a party, since most of them don't land on an archetype that provides commander skills.

(And of the few that do graduate with that archetype, some would still be women, so...)

Last edited:
This actually doesn't do anything. If their aren't enough men available to lead the clan's parties, it will pull any adult, regardless of skills. Futzing with it so it does consider skills means that almost none of the children conceived after 1084 will ever be able to lead a party, since most of them don't land on an archetype that provides commander skills.

(And of the few that do graduate with that archetype, some would still be women, so...)

Yea, as I said, I don't know how those settings would work in more recent versions of the game and what is needed is something more comprehensive. But it can be a good starting point for such a more comprehensive mod because all those other things that you have mentioned can potentially be modded too. Of course problem is in that game isn't finished and these things can be changed. And given how whole pemadeath system is unbalanced now, they probably will.

I have newer used mods with MB games, because it's not sort of game that really needs them all that much, but this is one mod that I would definitely use.

Last edited:
Is there any mod for the recent versions to remove female Lords, or reduce the percentage of them (not a total conversion though)? I find it kind of immersion-breaking how common female party leaders there are.
You are living in a Woke era. You'll be very lucky not to have a transactional cisgender black lord leading the Valadians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom