Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, so no more work today, I gots to set up a new room. But I got the appearance of a lock closing (With your imagination of course! There isn't actually a lock there, the hand just moves to represent this motion!)

Holy **** man. I really hope this works out. But. Why are you making them kneel while reloading for? Want just make it look weird when the whole line suddenly kneels?

Venitius said:
It's to keep the barrel still apparently.

Well in all of the movies you just sent. No of them kneeled while reloading...
Though. You could do a separate knealing animation though.

I know I know, but according to Ebin I think, in order for the animation to look proper, the bloke has to kneel.

EDIT=
Ebin said:
Thekneeling is only neccessary because it's the only way I can get the rifle to line up with the other hand. As I'm not too sure how to get the Rilfe to move, so I'm just trying to keep it simple and keep the Rifle in the firing hand while loading with the other.

Well. You can move the rifle with coding. But that's pretty advanced. So yea. Let's stick with ebins way. I can also make a md3 file that will actually make the bumping stick appeer. And the flintlock actually to move. And make a ammo-thing to pop up in the hand and a small pile of blackpowder in the flintlock aswell.

Holy ****! I'm just taking a small gander at the post because I'm eating, and I didn't know that you can do all of that with the coding! Good Morgan Freeman! Well then I guess we're going to be all set for making something revolutionary in this entire guns in a medieval game motive!

Ya you relize that if you pull this of.. This mod will be epic. And yea. I have an offer for ya. How about joining the team?

hah I just said that on your recruitment page in a way:
Yeah I'm to lazy to go back and actually quote what I said
But sure I'll join the team...
Also, why is it whenever one of you guys go offline, everyone else follows? Are we all on the same GMT or something? Because I'm about to get off too...

you should make it so when infantry switch between shooting musket and bayonet musket, the one they arent using does not appear strapped on their back. that way it will seem a little more like they are just attaching a bayonet to the same weapon.

Catafrato said:
Carbines and rifles (they don't have a bayonet equivalent) show on your back, but light muskets, flintlock muskets and matchlock muskets and their respective melee versions don't.

Hey Bjorne, You know, if you can get the Rifles to drop stock first to the ground at a certain point in the animation, I can easily make another animation for the reload, and much quicker too. The HI constraints kind of piss me off whenever I make the unit kneel and get back up, but I don't have to use the Constraints while standing! Albeit I'm almost done with the one I'm on now (Didn't have good ventilation last go around... lost my getting up animation halfway through) The time it'd take to get the standing up again down, would probably be the same if I were to start over with a new animation.

That being said I don't mind finishing this one, and then doing the other later (Which is probably what will happen since I should be done already by time you probably get on next). That and the animation that I have a video of already, I can tweak it a bit so you could use that as a crouching animation if you can code that in too. Also, I was thinking of taking the meshes for the rifle, cutting the Firing Mechanism off, and replacing it with a weld or bone, that way we could make that mechanism twist when fired and when loading. If that is possible too...

Actually even better! You say you can make a .md3 file which can add the ammo into the hands and such? Why not cut off the firing mechanisms as said before, and then use an .md3 file to add the mechanism, and then make it move when fired? Or could I do that with the mesh itself? Like  with the Crossbow and the Bow they both have moving parts, how that animation has to be structured? I have no clue. But nothing that shouldn't be too hard to figure out right?

Oh really? Kill me through obesity will yah? Fine by me, at least I'll get to stuff myself before death!

Alright, if you guys want to see what's been keeping me, this is a video of what I have right now, but somehow the shoulder is now moving, and I can't seem to find where the animator keyed that in... but then again there are two shoulder bones, and there's no telling whether I accidentally  keyed it in... Anyways here's how my cluster-**** is going:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4bea64f102e3ee685bf1f12f1ff3f30ae04e75f6e8ebb871

This is what we do. You make the body move and I'll make the musket move.. and yes the crossbow uses .md3 models.

*FakeEdit*: Downloading...

Yea. I saw it now. And It's good. Though the pumping is abit to fast and the shoulder as you say. Is.. strange.

Back
Top Bottom