Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Ebin

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Just for you Venitus, and to keep things organized for you Bjorne... But I got tired of waiting to figure out what to do with the animations. So I'm posting here to see if anyone can tell me where the animations are kept? In the mean time though, I made a animation of someone looking at there watch, trying to grab the head that isn't there, and start marching like they were a nazi, all in about 5 mins... My god I love Auto Key!!! This is really ****ing easy, someone figure where to put this for me because I easily made that animation you guys were looking for, I just don't know what to do with it yet. Also, getting the Rifle to move is going to be the problem... Hmm... I'm getting creative now...

*When I say get the Rifle to move I mean, move out of the hand.

Well I sent you a pm for it.. And maybe you can make a movie of the animations you made.. So we can see.

Alright, so I had to redo it as I had said before, but here is the first half of it (Taking longer than I remember, but then again that was at like 2 in the morning) but yeah: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4bea64f102e3ee685bf1f12f1ff3f30ae04e75f6e8ebb871 I have to take off thought, and I'll be back in a few hours, so tell me what you guys think. Oh yeah, and enjoy the Sublime that I wasn't aware it was recording. But it loops perfectly which is very odd...

Should be just an .avi codec. But I used FRAPS to record it. Also, you can use Windows Media Player, also I believe Divx can view it too. And sorry about the file, but I hate Youtube.

Yeah that was something the 3DsMax did, I didn't actually do that first sweep past the mouth, I just hit play and it did that, wasn't even set to one of my Keys. I'm going to have to play around with it. This is only the first half of teh first draft, so There are going to be some What the ****s! Don't worry, I will fix that! But I got pretty close to being done, but I ****ed up the keys and he was slowly standing up while he was reloading...

On a side note though, the 3DsMax thing might not actually be bad! I mean I can keep that sweep past the mouth if it looks fine.

If you could get the animation to last 20 seconds it would be great as regular Redcoats of the Napoleonic wars had to fire 3 rounds a minute. (including riflemen) Some fired more than 3 rounds. Personally I'd prefer it if the face-swipe bit came after he took the cartridge from his ammo pouch/cartouche.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the ammo bite. But yeah for some reason it is only allowing me to go up to about 100frames. which is like 3 1/3 seconds.... That's just uncalled for, I need to fix that. Cause my storyboard for the animation was going to go like this:
1.Croutch down with Rifle angled on the ground
2. Take out powder bag
3. Bite open Powder Bag
4. Pour Powder Bag
5. Pump 10 times
6. Grab ball (Back in these days you had to pour Lubricant then a cloth pad, but now-a-days you just drop a lubricated pad with the ball)
7. Drop Ball
8. Pump 10 more times
9. Stand back up

Those are my references on where the Keys are supposed to be, But I reached 100 frames with pumping thinking it would continue past and it didn't. Also, If you want me to change it to pour the lubricant then put a ball I can do that too, as I haven't even started on that part yet. Little bastard needs to go further than what it'll let me.

Edit: Alright, I got 600 Frames on my board now. And for some reason it screwed up at the beginning when I re-scaled the time, so I'll have to redo it. But hey, at least this time maybe it won't put a random swipe past the mouth. Oh yeah, and you guys should see me right now. I keep trying to recreate what I'm trying to accomplish with a broomstick... But if you must know, I've done weirder! Try imagining what I looked like trying to make a jumping animation!

But in the Napoleonic wars it was:
1. Take out cartridge
2. Bite cartridge (and spit)
3. Prime pan (and close pan)
4. Charge cartridge (place cartridge down the muzzle)
5. Withdraw ramrod
6. Ram cartridge
7. Replace ramrod
8. Cock your musket
9. Shoulder arms (this bit was kind of cut out when firing at will)
10. Make Ready
11. Present
12. Fire

Heh... I guess there is a difference from Napoleonic times with a bunch of well-trained soldiers and officers standing on the battlefield, and Modern Times with a bunch of Rednecks and hillbillies sitting on a shooting range :lol:... Alright, so how many times do they have you pump the cartridge? 

He like micro-pumped it 6 times, except the last shot which was only 4 pumps, so I Imagine that the wait between the trigger being pulled, and the Shot firing was due to the cartridge not being dense enough in the back the last shot. But that is freaking amazing! 3 shots in 46 secs!

Oh yeah, and I say pump, but you say ram. Same thing really.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho-QCmnNMl8 <- This is the step by step to loading a Brown Bess.

So how about this:
1. Kneel down
2. half-cock teh Musket
3. Pull out cartridge
4. Bite the top of the cartridge
5. Pour a small bit into the Lock
6. Close the Lock
7. Pour the rest down the Muzzle
8. Take ball out of mouth and into the barrel
9. Spit into the Barrel
10. Stand back up
11. Full-cock the Musket

How about that?

Yeah the loading actions vary. Some say you spit the ball, and some say you place the cartridge. I'm more in favour of the latter one since the first once you could singe your lips, and the cartridge contains the powder, ball and wadding in one. Not to mention if you were clumsy and not concentrating with a fixed bayonet, you'd have a large gash across your face while trying to spit the ball (and that's if you were lucky)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8xfOBVry8Q&feature=related (admittedly the actions are in Dutch, but you can see him do the second way).

This person's using live ammo, apparently.

Alright, so without the spitting. Also with placing the ball down the barrel with the cartridge?

1. Kneel down
2. half-cock teh Musket
3. Pull out cartridge
6. Close the Lock
8. Stand back up
9. Full-cock the Musket

So this looks good right?

Also, I'm all in favor of Blunderbusses! I know this should be in suggestions, but if we can we should add a shotgun, and a pistol weapon type so that we can have different Animations and operations. The blunderbuss can shot anyitems you might find around the house (Forks, Spoons, Knifes, glass shards) Or it can also shoot .69 cal lead balls. That and the Dragon (The long gun variant of the Blunderbuss) are very powerful close range weapons. Oh yeah and here is a good demonstration of how powerful the Blunderbuss is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Goul-KmQs. and this is a french one, not a pirate one as it says.

Also for realism sakes, we should also add different animations for the Matchlock rifles too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KTS8PQ06Qo

Yeah, the ball should be in the cartridge.

That looks alright. You could add a ramming action which happens around 2-4 times (2 is essential because that is the remove ramrod/replace ramrod) perhaps? Although, the kneeling isn't exactly essential.

I too am in favour of blunderbusses and dragons.

Thekneeling is only neccessary because it's the only way I can get the rifle to line up with the other hand. As I'm not too sure how to get the Rilfe to move, so I'm just trying to keep it simple and keep the Rifle in the firing hand while loading with the other. But now that we have a good timeline for the animation i think I gots some work to be done. Thank you Kevin Hicks with the British Heritage Events for these amazing examples! Oh yeah and thanks Venitius from keeping me from doing this wrong! And for the Videos where the guy looked like he was humping his musket! And I'll be on later with the New video of the animation! And even better, some good music too!

I'll just keep a progress report as I go along, also so I don't screw something up. I'm just going to edit this with strikethroughs as I go along.

1. Kneel down
2. half-cock teh Musket
3. Pull out cartridge
6. Close the Lock

8. Stand back up
9. Full-cock the Musket

Edit: Yeah I just ****ed something up... having to backtrack some because I couldn't figure out what I did, and I didn't feel like finding out.

i love you!! :grin:
but in mount blade muskets smoke spreads from gun barrel. but it must spreads from flintlock. am i false?

I think it spreads first from the frizzen (the lock) because of the flint igniting the powder in the pan, then the rest of the smoke comes from the muzzle as the main charge is ignited.

Keep up the good work Ebin!

Back
Top Bottom