Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

I like this mod quite a bit, I'd update to the latest if it wasn't for the fact that a bug in native 1.143 keeps nations from being conquered.... so I'm using 3.3.2 for 1.134...

Removed part of post as I noticed there's a suggestion topic  :roll:

Thank you for your enhancement of Native, and thank you for your project documentation (e.g., the "about" thread) and bug tracking systems.

Sir Henry Echo said:
I like this mod quite a bit, I'd update to the latest if it wasn't for the fact that a bug in native 1.143 keeps nations from being conquered.... so I'm using 3.3.2 for 1.134...

FYI, if you checkout and build the most recent Diplomacy source code from SVN, it contains Caba`drin's fix for that bug.

Waihti said:
You are helping Diplomacy alot if you test the features and post your experiences and feeling about them here (or in a new thread if you think it's worth a discussion).

What do you think of Diplomacy? Why do you like it, why not?
I just got the mod the other day, waiting on TOR to come out.
I love the mod, it adds some nice features, but I wish there was a setting to hire more than 50 troops using the recruiter.
I can hire 10 (I tweaked it with tweak M&B) to 30 at each village, and while having the option to pass that step when I am busy fighting for the nords is nice, two rounds of 50 is kind of low.
Can I change this easily? I am playing where kings have 400+ men and marshal's have 300+.
Most normal lords have 200+ and I nromally take 150-210 with me.

I have no Idea how the training works though, because my recruiters always get killed before they get back.
Can anyone give me a short run down?

I liked joining a family too!
The added tax master is neat.

I have the mod installed, but when I go to the load screen, none of my saved games are there.  How do I fix this?  Oh, and I bought the game on Steam, if that helps.

Merced said:
Been playing this mod for quite a while now, it adds a ton of awesome features. This latest version adds some good ones as well. The only thing i'm noticing that is odd, is that Swadia has a really destructive habit of declaring war while currently in one. Now thats fine if its infrequent and say the other faction is already engaged in a war as well, but i'm on like day 72 of a new game and swadia has done this two different times already. I'll keep playing to see if this keeps happening, but i'm not even sure swadia will make it a year at this rate. 

Quick rundown:
Day 01: war rhodok
day18: declare on vaegirs
day 28: peace rhodok
day: 34: nords declare
day 51: peace with vaegirs
day 58: delcare on khegerits
day 69: peace nords

Dhirim alone has traded hands 4 times already. I should note that i haven't yet joined a faction, mostly been farming sea raiders out near rivacheg trying to level my companions. I was planning on joining swadia after i felt i had hit a good place with my party skills. Now i'm starting to wonder if swadia will be worth joining by the time i get there.

I think there is an issue of wars starting very much more frequent between nations. In my case, I see a message Kingdom Nords having truce with Vaegirs (mine), then when I just ride to my castle another message just appears that Kingdom Nords declared war with Vaegirs then we are back to war again. Not even more than 2 game days have passed. I have WB 1.143 & Diplo 4.2 + PBOD 0.957 + WSE. And there is also a tons of script error, sometimes message about npc_behavior, sometimes about weapon, sometimes about non ID troops, sometimes about WSE to the point I don't know what's the effect of these errors on my game.

I also think the 1st dialogue of having chamberlain in your court when you just have fief should come up again in a predetermined period of waiting instead of completely denial until you have your own kingdom and having your minister (or a message to say that if you deny now you can only have access to chamberlain only when you have your own kingdom). Not just cutting off so abruptly. No chamberlain, no treasury. No treasury, no trainer hired, no recruits hired and trained automatically. I just start a new game with diplomacy and having my 1st fief at level 12. For me to wait to have my own kingdom to have accessed to a chamberlain would be a long time.

I loved diplomacy back in older warband like over a year ago, and was cleaning he other day and found my old warband disk, so installed and replayed a bit, and checked out here to see what else been going on since. Well, I absolutely love the merged diplomacy http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,152114.0.html there.

Also, I was wondering, since it started m&b only really added 1 extra faction (sarinade or whatever it's called). I'd love to see the creation of a bigger map and expanded villages/castles/cities like keep the same and just add more to it and let each faction get huge so it can go a whole lot longer. So far the only way I've ever known of this is if I wanted to use some big giant conversion mod to have a bigger map with more stuff, if that even.

Is this at all possible?

I played diplomacy playing the mod 1257 ad, people say is 1 of the best mods, and now after many years i know that mod with out the diplomacy stuff will be nothing!, emmm, i think also they have the old diplomacy i think they never update it, i see features now which doesn't are in 1257, like:

"Send emissaries to persuade lords to join your kingdom "
"If another faction recognizes you as king you will have the option to ask for help against your enemy and in certain circumstances support the decision by paying money"

unfortunately the person who is working on 1257 is working in others stuffs like put farms in the map ^^ before update this great job of diplomacy...

now i feel like a noob in this, i always playing the old diplomacy in the 1257, so i will download right the way!

also i want to ask which version of diplomacy had "1257 ad" mod? i think was a very old version  :???: omg we haven't nothing about to make patrols, we was playing the beta?  :sad:

[size=10pt]Hey bro[/size]

Is it possible to make this mod working with the newest version of M&B WB (1.152), havent tried if it works yet but it tells me it would most likely not. It would be very sad in that case...

Caba`drin said:
It works
Caba`drin said:
Just note that you aren't getting any of the campaign script bugfixes from the 1.15x patches when you're playing your 1.143 Diplomacy on 1.15x. Other than that, it should work fine.

Yea I played it for a time now and it seems to work without any problems as you metioned. Really nice and simple mod :smile:

I made a patrol out of my troops, 50 Rhodok Sharpshooters and 25 Rhodok Sergeants. Later I went to find it, because I wanted get it back to my castle, so I pressed to disband the patrol (thinking it would disband and go back to the castle) and it disappeared :S

The backup save brought me back to the time I was about to reach the patrol party. :smile:

just awesome.
the one i downloaded was like 3.5 mb, one of the smallest i have seen in my brief gaming experience.

the best part was I got the commander, which trained my rhodok villagers, really fast .. i mean really fast.

Great job guys !!

hey just a little bug for me
uh i was trying to rescue a lord so i tried to sneak into the castle
it didnt work
but i killed the gaurds but now it seems there is one STUCK inside a wall and all i hear is screaming coming for the wall
can someone help me?

Back
Top Bottom