Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

yes it works, just copy save game from Native folder to Diplomacy if your save game have been made in Native version 1.134.

this is my favorite mod, others trying to change graphic elements but much players just need more diplomatic options becouse of that everybody ask for Diplomacy on other mods pages.

sorry about english.

Was just about to ask if this was merged with the Recruitment Mod or something similar when i noticed the Constable entry in one of the stickied threads.

Awesome Mod and it keeps turning up in other Mods making them even Better!

10 out of 10 guys, most essential mod for warband ever.

Okay to begin with, I'm not a forum type of person, so sorry for a possibly slow reply. I wanted to thank you for what I call, the most fundamental Mod for Warband/M&B. Like a fair amount of people have said, this adds features that were like meant to be there, but for some reason, weren't, yet changes nothing in the game to make it feel like it's " modded ". 

So thank you a lot on creating a Great mod from a once Great idea!

Can't say that I'm a particularly experienced player of M&B but I still have my two cents to say, hope it'll help.

Some things I noticed:

* Adleast for me asking for peace, was really simple ( always succeeded ) even if war just started. TBH I don't even mind the chance to negotiate for peace so early/easily, but maybe some people might. I personally prefer it as is. It is also possibly due to my honor/right to rule being quite/very high. I think I've had like 70+ RtR when i started the peace treatie thing.

* Getting a lord to join your faction via an emissary seems rather difficult or close to impossible? My "emissary" char ( lezalit ) with persuation skill of 4 never managed to persuade a single lord of joining my kingdom, no matter weather i offered a town or a city as a fief, yet when I personally go to talk to a vassal of another kingdom ( and my persuation is 3 [possibly lower before] ) I've succeded more than half the time.

P.S Those 2 might be a bit biased since I'm waaaaayyy into the late game now ( I got my own kingdom and only rhodoks are left, I control most of the rest of the land... so maybe it's not exactly how they seem to me at this stage.

A few suggestions:

Maybe it would be fun to be able to "order" some items/stuff from some npc. ( Say your cancellor or wife or whatever, possibly depending on the type of item ). I personally had very hard time finding a Lordly plate armour. Only saw it like once and back then i didn't have enough money ( on me, only in treasury ). So this got me the idea, that i think would be cool to be able to ask your "friend" to buy some particular item he notices or sees for you.. ofcourse for an extra price? like you can set the item type, name, and ofc the attribute ( lordly, reinforced,thick ect. ) ofc such services would not come cheap.
This could be done eather in one particular city when the item ( or if set.. maybe several ) would appear in the shop/market, or maybe in any of the towns you own? or maybe in any of the whole faction towns that u belong to or are ruler of? Perhaps also have a price modifier attached to it. Say if u want to spy out an item in 1 town it'd be cheaper than "monitoring" the whole realm's towns.

An advanced option to this could be perhaps ordering an item to be made? for an even higher price and the more complex/expensive the item the longer it would take?

Another possibility of the same "problem" would be upgrading already existant armour? Also somewhat expensive ofc. Say upgrading Thick->Reinforced.

Personally i prefer the first 2 options

Similar feature ( ordering or monitoring ) would be great for hosting a feast. I am not particularly sure what the " buy some bread " option on your wife does, but it'd be great to be able to buy 1 full set of " feast food " in 1 bulk, or maybe just the more troublesome stuff like chicken, beef and pork.

* Another small but in my oppinion a very helpful feature would be the possibility ( with the help of your spy network and ofc money ) to be able to find the list of richest towns ( or other fiefs ) perhaps naming all 22 towns in a decreasing order of wealth or just the top 15? and for castles ( maybe top 10-15? ) and villages just top 15-20?

*Also since i see this mod as a fundamental part of the game. This suggestion isn't particularly about diplomacy ( or is it? ). I had a fair bit of time to figure out what features/things affect your party speed, and I'm still not sure if I got it all right. I know there's a "page" in some of the sub menus of the game, where u can read about politics, morale and so on. And since map movement speed is such a complex feature ( yet very important imo ) i think it'd be great to add a small descriptive page for the newbies on how the thing works out. I know morale affects it ( yet it's maxed at 99 ) also the athletics skill of your footmen and archers and riding skill of horsemen. Also part size ( tho i'm not sure weather this affects directly or indirectly(throughmorale)) also prisoners seem to affect it aswell. Also i'm not sure weather encumbrance of you/your party members is important and ect. I don't think i'm the only one trying to figure this riddle out? Heck if it's so valuable information maybe it'd be able to " buy " it ? lol. Say ask your councellor for advice and pay him some fancy sum for some advice like this.                                     

P.S My apologies If any of the above has already been suggested, I really can't afford time-wise to read the whole thread through.  Thanks a lot however if you find and take the time to read my post.
Keep on the Great work on this Great mod! Thanks a lot!

Played a bit of Diplomacy + fief trading.

I wonder if the bandits and other AI troops roaming the map can be better adjusted to our level. I was at Level 1, right at the Start of the game, where I had just rescued the brother of the Merchant, near Tulga. Close to Tulga was a band of Deserters comprising of 11 Khergit Lancers. Honestly my team was overpowered by that group ... Also the feature of Horses will become slower if they are wounded, that can be a pain. My calvary was gradually killed off partly because of that. After I disabled that, my troops did better.

So far I am enjoying the mod, but perhaps some adjustment to help players who are low level can be good.

Been playing this mod for quite a while now, it adds a ton of awesome features. This latest version adds some good ones as well. The only thing i'm noticing that is odd, is that Swadia has a really destructive habit of declaring war while currently in one. Now thats fine if its infrequent and say the other faction is already engaged in a war as well, but i'm on like day 72 of a new game and swadia has done this two different times already. I'll keep playing to see if this keeps happening, but i'm not even sure swadia will make it a year at this rate. 

Quick rundown:
Day 01: war rhodok
day18: declare on vaegirs
day 28: peace rhodok
day: 34: nords declare
day 51: peace with vaegirs
day 58: delcare on khegerits
day 69: peace nords

Dhirim alone has traded hands 4 times already. I should note that i haven't yet joined a faction, mostly been farming sea raiders out near rivacheg trying to level my companions. I was planning on joining swadia after i felt i had hit a good place with my party skills. Now i'm starting to wonder if swadia will be worth joining by the time i get there.

A general trend will be that the faction with the player usually fares better since the player can make independent sieges without following the marshall and since the player himself usually scores much more kills than all other individual AI characters and soldiers.

If Swadia is getting stomped on, unless it is a single fief left you ought to be able to push back the enemies by capturing and holding the enemy lords.

Lets just hope those Swadians still exist by the time your forces are decent enough to pick a side to stand on :wink:

This is one of my favorite mods! Love how you can do so much as a king! Well done you guys who made it :grin:

I love the mod, but feel I should bring something up.

My favorite part of M&B is the trading, as simple as it is. I love to buy low and sell high. In vanilla, I particularly enjoyed scoping villages for cheaper goods. However, it seems that in Diplomacy, villages always have goods that cost at least as much as nearby towns. This makes trading much less interesting and makes it so that there is no point in trading with villages unless I need food, which I never really do. Is there some way around this given the toggleable options or by making a small change? If not, is there any plan on eventually making this an optional feature? 

Thanks, and good job on this great mod! =)

As far as I know diplomacy doesn't change much in price or trade aspects. And I don't think there will be any plan to do anything with trade since it is not in scope of diplomacy.

Btw Rigale is a nice mod that adds a whole lot of features as a merchant. Give that a try.

Flavioli said:

My favorite part of M&B is the trading, as simple as it is. I love to buy low and sell high. In vanilla, I particularly enjoyed scoping villages for cheaper goods. However, it seems that in Diplomacy, villages always have goods that cost at least as much as nearby towns. This makes trading much less interesting and makes it so that there is no point in trading with villages unless I need food, which I never really do. Is there some way around this given the toggleable options or by making a small change? If not, is there any plan on eventually making this an optional feature? 

Villages not selling goods for less than their trade town isn't something Diplomacy added to the game.  That was vanilla Warband behavior up until 1.34.  As of 1.142/1.143, that has been changed in Vanilla, and it should also be changed in Diplomacy 4.0.

What version are you playing?  If you see that happening with Diplomacy 4.0, that's a bug (it's possible we made a mistake in the version update), and if you report it I'll look into it.

Just want to say that the assemblia website is a great idea. And the fact you post your code changes so people have the option to quick fix any obnoxious bugs? Friggin' amazing. Double thumbs up there.

zParsifal said:
Flavioli said:

Villages not selling goods for less than their trade town isn't something Diplomacy added to the game.  That was vanilla Warband behavior up until 1.34.  As of 1.142/1.143, that has been changed in Vanilla, and it should also be changed in Diplomacy 4.0.

What version are you playing?  If you see that happening with Diplomacy 4.0, that's a bug (it's possible we made a mistake in the version update), and if you report it I'll look into it.

That would explain it, since I bought M&B for the first time as 1.143, recently. Since I installed this before I saw 4.0 come out, I just went and got "Diplomacy 3.3.2 + allow fief trading + PBOD ported to Warband 1.143 Final" (with the prereqs) which was recommended to me. I found it in http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3205. Not sure if this is the complete thing, but I noticed the 4.0 change log mention that you can tell the belligerent drunk "do you know who I am?", which I am able to do in my game. I'm confused in general =p. Is there a way to ensure what I now have is the latest version of Diplomacy? 

Flavioli said:
Is there a way to ensure what I now have is the latest version of Diplomacy?

Go to the Camp menu and click on "Diplomacy Preferences", or go to the Help menu and click on "Diplomacy".  They should include version information, and if they don't, it means they're older than 4.0.

Either I'm missing something, or the Assemblia page doesn't allow newly submitted bug tickets since 4.1

Kaitou said:
Either I'm missing something, or the Assemblia page doesn't allow newly submitted bug tickets since 4.1

Should work again:

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/diplomacy/support/tickets

Register or click on 'Post Anonymously'

Back
Top Bottom