Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you for the great mod! I also very much appreciate that the source code is open, which allows people to merge Diplomacy with other mods of their liking.

The mod is absoluetly super.
What´s missing is that you can organise your own tournaments or an hunt

This mod is absolutely great. I love the diplomatic aspect and the advisors and new features. All I can ask for is continuing development for AI and the economic side of the game and we will have a perfect Warband mod!

Sorry to add some cold water to this parade, but this mod fixes very few of the key problems of warband.  I'll admit it's the best and only workable warband mod, but we have miles to go before it's worth one's time investment.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=132885.new#new details my last complaint.
The main problem is that once you start a kingdom or start a campaign with a claimant, there is almost no way to recruit Lords from other kingdoms.  The line "I do not want to be known as a traitor is repeated ad nauseum," even when they are down to 1 little castle.  You may argue that you can make your companions Lords, but you need every one of them as emissaries.
All the important emissary missions from Diplomacy end up in failure.  You face a 80% chance of losing your companions for good and they come back unsuccesful 95% of the time even with Persuausion at 5.
Let me give you an example.  I pumped up my relation with the Vaegirs and Khergits to 104 with gifts since they were the weakest on the map.  (For some reason, favor with a king maxes out at 104.) Despite this, none of my persuasion-buffed emissaries could get an acknowledgement of right to rule. Without this, you cannot do a trade agreement, alliance, or any kind of pact.  This means that this whole Diplomacy construct is useless!
NOTE: if you go all the way with a claimant, the Lords will actually join the claimant and you once you take every holding, but you will lose your kindom and become a vassal with all the originial problems that  brings.
Main complaint: the Lords will not defect. I cornered all the Swadians and Rhodoks in a castle each, and none of them would come over, even with my persuasion up to 8.  My emissaries always failed, even with pers at 8.  Once I took their last castle, the Lords simply signed on with other kingdoms. They did this even though I had buffed my relation with all the Lords to over 80.  NONE of them chose to be a vassal with me, even though I had at least 10 unclaimed towns and castles. Instead, they mostly joined the Sarranids, their former enemies and received NO fiefs there. When I approached them there, they refused and our relation dropped 30 points.

You do get an occasional Lord who has been tried for treason by his King.  I wish there was a way to augment this, but it appears that fiefless Lords are just as loyal as Lords with fiefs.  The 3 Lords  that did defect to my side were the calculating and ones with controversy who had no fiefs and many rivals.  They were very hard to keep happy.

So there you are.  A fun game and mod at the start, but ultimately useless in the strategic and potentially best part of the game.

i just wanted to say i love this mod  other than the crashes  the hardest mode was great i love how hard it is keep up the good work i cant wait for this to finaly be fully done

I have had some strange experience with AI pact decisions recently. It might be worth posting since Waihti seems to be working on an improvement of this feature.

Currently in my game I have destroyed Swadia and Rhodoks, holding most of their lands and 18 of their lords, while the rest 4 factions more or less stay as their initial state. Apparently I am powerful enough that my neighbors would want to offer me non-aggression pacts. Vaegir offered me one when they were at war with Nords, and then Khergits offered me one before they went war against Vaegir. All makes sense.

However, the strange thing is that it seems very difficult for me to initiate a non-aggression pact myself. Always failure. A particularly funny thing was that I tried several times to have a non-aggression pact to Nords, all in vain, but after 10 game days Nords offered me exactly the same pact themselves. Um... does the Nord King has a mental disorder or something?

I also find it a little bit annoying that trade agreement and defensive pacts require the recognition as a monarch, which is based on Native. You know this recognition is kind of broken - as somebody suggests, you only have a decent chance of success if you are at war with the same enemy as the other King. It is fine if you don't want to make an unofficial fix for Native, but currently to me, these Kings are essentially saying: the player faction is really strong, and I am alarmed by their power. I would ask for a non-aggression pact from them before I want to start a war with a neighbor. However, I refuse to recognize the player as a king. Further, because I don't recognize, I do not even consider the possibility of a defensive pact. Well, again, that sounds like mental disorder. Perhaps removing the requirement of recognition?

I feel kinda noob when i ask this question, when i die in a battle i cant exit so i dont have to watch the entire battle (i wont let me press TAB) and can i edit controls somewhere because i dont have a numpad

Edit: i found out, didn't notice the menu in the camp menu :grin:

ellwoodis said:
Sorry to add some cold water to this parade, but this mod fixes very few of the key problems of warband.  I'll admit it's the best and only workable warband mod, but we have miles to go before it's worth one's time investment.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=132885.new#new details my last complaint.
The main problem is that once you start a kingdom or start a campaign with a claimant, there is almost no way to recruit Lords from other kingdoms.  The line "I do not want to be known as a traitor is repeated ad nauseum," even when they are down to 1 little castle.  You may argue that you can make your companions Lords, but you need every one of them as emissaries.
All the important emissary missions from Diplomacy end up in failure.  You face a 80% chance of losing your companions for good and they come back unsuccesful 95% of the time even with Persuausion at 5.
Let me give you an example.  I pumped up my relation with the Vaegirs and Khergits to 104 with gifts since they were the weakest on the map.  (For some reason, favor with a king maxes out at 104.) Despite this, none of my persuasion-buffed emissaries could get an acknowledgement of right to rule. Without this, you cannot do a trade agreement, alliance, or any kind of pact.  This means that this whole Diplomacy construct is useless!
NOTE: if you go all the way with a claimant, the Lords will actually join the claimant and you once you take every holding, but you will lose your kindom and become a vassal with all the originial problems that  brings.
Main complaint: the Lords will not defect. I cornered all the Swadians and Rhodoks in a castle each, and none of them would come over, even with my persuasion up to 8.  My emissaries always failed, even with pers at 8.  Once I took their last castle, the Lords simply signed on with other kingdoms. They did this even though I had buffed my relation with all the Lords to over 80.  NONE of them chose to be a vassal with me, even though I had at least 10 unclaimed towns and castles. Instead, they mostly joined the Sarranids, their former enemies and received NO fiefs there. When I approached them there, they refused and our relation dropped 30 points.

You do get an occasional Lord who has been tried for treason by his King.  I wish there was a way to augment this, but it appears that fiefless Lords are just as loyal as Lords with fiefs.  The 3 Lords  that did defect to my side were the calculating and ones with controversy who had no fiefs and many rivals.  They were very hard to keep happy.

So there you are.  A fun game and mod at the start, but ultimately useless in the strategic and potentially best part of the game.

I have exactly this problem it is a game breaker - is this fixed in the latest version?

you taking out the trade and the things like that was the biggest misstake because i am bored of playing the same things on the same mod but you taking out the things just made it more boring. i can have more fun playing the native one because i want the trade and things and you putting them out was a big mistake and i think you made the mod worse :cry:. but after the bad things i have to say thing good things i think that you having different people for different things was good and that you could in list a patrol was good as well. you are a good mod maker but i think that you could of stuck with the trade and things because it would make it more intresting and more fun. but overall i think that it as a good mod but you need to up the trade agreements and the difference pacts back for me that was the only bad part about it because the computer could do all thoughts things and i was thinking why couldn't i do thoughts things but it is a good mod Ty for reading. :eek:

First off, as much as it pains me I have to say that this mod has on balance gone backwards lately. It is just overall a lot less fun than it was originally. (I should be clear that I still like it and appreciate all the work on it though)

The current state of horse stats is just broken on many levels. At the most basic level, Saddle and Sumpter horses have identical stats so what is the point of differentiating between them?

Then, the difference between the levels of horses is just far too extreme. Going from speed 35 on a saddle horse to speed 60 on a Steppe horse is just too much. It makes effective combat use of the low end horses nearly impossible (because they cannot get up to couch speed and are nearly slower than infantry *before* they start getting wounded) and combat with the high end horses insane. A group of Khergits on Steppe horses looks more like a jet-ski ballet on crack than a cavalry fight.

It seems like you changed the trade goods values a bit? I'm finding it much harder than I remember from Native now with many cities having nothing that will sell anywhere for more than a token few coins more than it was bought for. (Iron and salt it seems are about the only exceptions to this for whatever reason) Might want to consider raising the quantity on some of the food items as well; Stacks of 50 for basic foods like bread, grain and dried meat just run out too fast making it a quartermaster juggling nuisance to keep an army fed.

Also, didn't Diplomacy used to have the change where cattle followed you instead of being pushed? If not that is an obvious change that I think should be made.

@Graycloak...
Are you playing straight Diplomacy or one of the variants, such as +OSP Items?
1) Diplomacy does not change any horse stats from native.
2) Sumpter horses and saddle horses DO NOT have the same stats.
3) There is no base horse in Native/un-modified Diplomacy with a speed of 60.
4) Diplomacy does not edit item base prices.
5) Diplomacy does not edit the scripts surrounding the setting of trade good prices...other than affecting center prosperity more if a trade agreement exists.
6) You can use TweakMB to change the behavior of cattle. Diplomacy never had this adjusted within itself.

@nothing257...
You posted this same message in Suggestions, too. One place with an identical post is more than sufficient. No need to double/spam post.
I'm not sure what you're referring to in "taking out the trade and things like that". Diplomacy hasn't removed any features from Native, nor has it scaled back on the features it is offering. What exactly do you think was removed? What are you referring to?

Caba`drin said:
@Graycloak...
Are you playing straight Diplomacy or one of the variants, such as +OSP Items?
1) Diplomacy does not change any horse stats from native.
2) Sumpter horses and saddle horses DO NOT have the same stats.
3) There is no base horse in Native/un-modified Diplomacy with a speed of 60.

I'm apparently playing diplomacy merged with something else, as linked off this forum (here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131185.0.html )
and yes it has those things and why I was confused; My apologies as it seems that isn't the current "real" diplomacy.  It seemed like the only obvious one; maybe shuffle the oddballs off to a subforum?

Additional Pacts: Non-Aggression Pact, Trade Agreement (Pact), Defensive Pact. have been taken out. take a look on the suggestions but i am not downing it it is a good mod but i think that it should of kept that bit. you might no agree but i think so because the computer can and i think i should be able to. :grin:

nothing257 said:
Additional Pacts: Non-Aggression Pact, Trade Agreement (Pact), Defensive Pact. have been taken out. take a look on the suggestions but i am not downing it it is a good mod but i think that it should of kept that bit. you might no agree but i think so because the computer can and i think i should be able to. :grin:

But you can make all of these pacts yourself. They've not been removed. They first require you to be recognized by the faction you want the pact with...then you need to get a non-aggression pact to get any others.

Are you saying they are too difficult to get? Requiring Natively-coded recognition does make things difficult, I would agree...but it is definitely possible to conduct these pacts yourself.

but when i do a non-agrestion pact there is nothing there to say i can get a defencive or a trade pact so how do you get it when you cant offer it to the person thing so i think if you cant get it with the person that he should of still put it in there

Back
Top Bottom