Feedback, good and bad - hoping devs see this as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Churchill95

Recruit
Hopefully the devs read this as well as anyone else, but I thought, much like a lot of others, I would put my feedback in to Bannerlord. Overall, a really good game. Takes me back to the joys years ago of playing endless hours of Warband and the original Mount and Blade, but with a lot more new features. I've tried to make it concise.

Positives:
- Really like the addition of a smithing mechanic. It is great being able to customize and create your own weapons. If this expands in future to being able to customize and create your own armour it would be excellent.
- Really like the new system of interacting with NPCs and towns and villages. There are a lot more NPCs to interact with, like prominent merchants, criminal gangs, village landowners etc, which creates a lot of exciting new options for roleplay.
- Really like the more immersive world, both the world map, and the towns, villages etc.
- Trade system is a lot better and easier, especially with trade rumours as a mechanic.
- Personally, I really like the combat. I feel it is much more realistic not having things like an auto-block function, and you really have to think about what is going on. The new commands and orders available is great. Can't really criticise that at all.
- The clan management system is really good, as it lets me create parties using my companions, which can be tasked with various things. Inventory management of NPCs is also much easier.

Negatives - and suggested solutions:

- A lot of people mention faction snowballing. Probably because it is early access and hasn't been balanced totally yet. Perhaps a solution is wars of containment, where if a single faction becomes too powerful, others start uniting against them.
- Town/castle/village management could include a 'buildings' tab. Perhaps similar to the tab which shows the various notable NPCs, there can be another tab which shows buildings which exist (or can be built), what they produce, and who owns them. Best thing I can compare to illustrate my point is the settlement management in 'Total War' games. For example, a village which is located on a coastline might currently have 'Docks' which is owned by X landowner or merchant and generates X fish per day.
- The ability for top-tier units within your own force to 'promote' to companions and become party commanders or eventually even Lords. Obviously, they wouldn't have backstories, but they would still have randomly generated stats and names like any other character.
- Would anyone else like to see the ability for non-player driven rebellions caused by Lords having an extremely negative relationship with their ruler? Perhaps other Lords with similar dispositions would then join them.
- It would be great to be able to occupy bandit hideouts and effectively claim them. Perhaps new ones controlled by bandits could generate in random locations after enough time without one. Also, there should be an ability to attack hideouts in force, as many others have said, as it makes them unrealistically difficult.
- Anyone else like the ability to create your own caravan as part of the 'Clan' menu, without having to spend money at a merchant. I feel like if you have the money and the men, why can't you operate one yourself?

That's it really. Just my thoughts. I know I'm not anyone important, but there it is. Would love to hear the views of others and whether they agree.

So I fiddled around with the dev console a bit, and found out you can declare yourself a kingdom, with all that that entails. You're able to create armies and vote on your own policies etc. You can actually turn vassals away from their lords. At least, i saw the option for it. Unfortunately my reputation with that person I tried it with was terrible so they refused to listen to me. Havent tried it again.

I agree with everything you're saying. I think the only major issue right now is snowballing. Theyve already fixed a ton of stuff. Apparently there's a memory leak as well but as in have 32gb of ram, I havent really noticed :razz:

So I fiddled around with the dev console a bit, and found out you can declare yourself a kingdom, with all that that entails. You're able to create armies and vote on your own policies etc. You can actually turn vassals away from their lords. At least, i saw the option for it. Unfortunately my reputation with that person I tried it with was terrible so they refused to listen to me. Havent tried it again.

I agree with everything you're saying. I think the only major issue right now is snowballing. Theyve already fixed a ton of stuff. Apparently there's a memory leak as well but as in have 32gb of ram, I havent really noticed :razz:

I haven't had performance issues either, probably for the same reason.

Some of these suggestions are really nice ! The ability to claim a bandit lair could be tied to the roguery skill, and it would make for a super fun alternative game :smile:

Back
Top Bottom