Feedback : Death in battle vs auto-calc. 1.55 no mods.(clean install)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zorion_no

Sergeant
While I dont mind the new features, I just wish it wasnt merged as it is.
I like that the lords get married have their own kids etc, but the chance of dieing in battle is not good when you actually do the big battles vs oh lets just auto-calc it so that all the lords survive.

Dont mention your companions, they drop like flies(so far their best shot is if you use them as archers and assign them to that party).

I autocalc no-one dies(this is boring, as I'm one of those that love the big epic figths, and not to see numbers pop on the screen.)

Like I may be mistaken but I read somewhere that the chance of AI lords dieing in battle is supposed to be like 10%?
That dont seem to be accurate on my end, when I partake in the real action(note the other factions lord rarely die in battle, I have killed 2 overall in my plays, yet in 1 battle alone 3 of the lords in my faction died + 2 of my companions, even if we won the fight).

So I'm wondering is this something that just I'm experienceing or is this common, and is this as intended ok.

Tbh if I didnt save scum, by now the faction would have a hard time mustering armies.
Atleast 10+ lords I've saved by save-scumming.

Auto-calc, I've never seen a lord ever die in my faction or opposition.
I just feel there is something wrong with the ratio, it feels "too frequent".

I'm not sure where to post this tbh if this is the spot or not.

I just find i depressing that they would even just slap a "death by auto-calc at 10%" type generic formula at all to begin with. Game isnt a fricken diet soda "now with 10% less Splenda!" How about real narratives coupled to math formulas but that would make the lore of battles somewhat interesting? How about a personality trait like "Fights to the Death needlessly" or some event like Revenge needed on opposing General because opposing general burned down his village 3 times now. Something, anything....

Did they remove the option to turn on/off death in battles in 1.5.5?

No, but now it also turns off births. Will probably be separated.

If I understand correctly a patch coming soonTM will have lords dying in auto-resolve and in AI vs AI battles if the option is turned on. It sounds like that was already supposed to happen.

Tbh, when I played with deaths enabled.I found it un-immersive that only player's battles had deaths. Maybe they can decrease the %chance to something really small like 2%

Tbh, when I played with deaths enabled.I found it un-immersive that only player's battles had deaths. Maybe they can decrease the %chance to something really small like 2%

Yes, definitely needs some balancing. It got introduced when I was far into a campaign and got a bit attached to my companions and then they just started dropping like flies. And the new ones died just after getting them top tier gear. Like after 2-3 battles. It's a bit overkill right now, excuse the pun.

10% is ok when applied to battles player is a part of. That way you have actual chance of killing enemy lord yourself in combat. Lower chance would make such encounters very unsatisfying. But for auto-resovle and IA battles it definietly should be about 1-3%, otherwise death toll of battles will wipe out all lords of Calradia within several decades.

Maybe they can give us sliders in the campaign options so we can set the percentage ourselves for AI vs AI and player battles.

Back
Top Bottom