Feedback current SVN revision - peasant abusion system

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes I need to address the garrision prices for towns/castles for player. I want to redo it so it would be a lot cheaper to have an auto-garrision then a manual one. :smile:
And for faction not getting destroyed - i'll just need to force those lords to migrate to different factions.

Sorry tho, no time to mod these days, i'll have some free days soon tho - i'll hope i won't be too lazy then :smile:

DrTomas said:
Yes I need to address the garrision prices for towns/castles for player. I want to redo it so it would be a lot cheaper to have an auto-garrision then a manual one. :smile:
And for faction not getting destroyed - i'll just need to force those lords to migrate to different factions.

Sorry tho, no time to mod these days, i'll have some free days soon tho - i'll hope i won't be too lazy then :smile:
Thanks for the reply. I think it's not sacrilegious to keep under your control the garrison of at least one castle so please don't make it too expensive. It should cost the same or almost the same as auto garrison and preferably less than men going around in campaign map in your party. Lets say , if you like , that while in a city it's easier to have the people run their city garrison. it is more likely that the lord takes care of the castle's garrison where there are less civilian inhabitants . And please do something about too large garrisons in towns and castles , It's almost game breaking . I've set marshals inefficiency to low and still our army doesn't dare to attack a city of the enemies . Note that the Ilchanate for some reason has almost in every city a little more than 1000 men in garrison .   

I operate by that logic - that if the garrison is auto - then the town defenses are under the towns control (it's council or something similar). Ie - the town maintains a some kind of guard unit and/or militia + certain guilds/town regions/neighborhoods/ect are either have to provide a number of men to the garrison in time of crisis by either mobilizing themselves or hiring mercs to serve as.

In manual control - you tell em to screw themselves and you do it your own way - ie put your vassal forces into the garrison. Which not only hurts you - because you do not dismiss your vassals back home but also take the autonomy of the town away (that's why you get the relationship debonus).

DrTomas said:
Dear DrTomas,

is there any chance you could make 1.03 public, please?

it seems that 1.02 isnt worth starting a campaign with and most of its major issues are addressed in 1.03. with no prospect of having 1.04(5?) in the near future, releasing 1.03 to the masses will be a great news indeed, and would no doubt be welcomed by many a peasant lurking these boards.

thank you.

DrTomas said:
I operate by that logic - that if the garrison is auto - then the town defenses are under the towns control (it's council or something similar). Ie - the town maintains a some kind of guard unit and/or militia + certain guilds/town regions/neighborhoods/ect are either have to provide a number of men to the garrison in time of crisis by either mobilizing themselves or hiring mercs to serve as.

In manual control - you tell em to screw themselves and you do it your own way - ie put your vassal forces into the garrison. Which not only hurts you - because you do not dismiss your vassals back home but also take the autonomy of the town away (that's why you get the relationship debonus).
I understand your way of thinking and I know you're right in many conclusions of yours. I just want to note some details that may be important as well:
1) The cities inhabited by the majority of free people ( that means not related to feudal obligations to some lord ) had the possibility and did use it to obtain autonomy from the feudal rule by providing services to the high rank lords like barons and kings except paying taxes , as for example providing the labor required to construct fortifications or trained militia and mercenary officers or soldiers . This way the lords had less to care about and the town folks had less to fear of ultra taxation . Fortresses  were more military type settlement serving the purpose of defence of less urbanized parts of the county as a center of military command and garrison of professional soldiers being ready to interfere with the enemy ( looters, bandits, riders, deserters, revolutionaries, or whatever ...) until the main of the army was put together . So it is logical to assume that they were more depending by the military commander of  a province ( if we talk about the Byzantine-Romans for example ) or the local lord. Obviously previous military purpose settlements did become cities with the time passing , if placed in a good position ( as happened with the roman forts of the Po Valley in northern Italy giving cities like Milan , Parma , Verona , Modena , Bologna ecc.).
2) in a garrison one can pout mercenaries, former captives of his enemies set free by him (even refugees from other countries) , a part of his personal army for a brief period that he doesn't need them but he wants to keep them ready before sending them home for good , a part of his army that is being gathered until everybody else arrives.
3) Having to move with an army costs (now and then) more than keeping them in the barracks because you have to carry food with you, because it had to be food appropriate to carry with ( resistant on going bad ), it had to be carried by cards of ox or mules or whatever and they had to bring some food for them too as they couldn't always feed by themselves in every terrain.
4) Given that, it's always better to let people to choose in the limits of being as more historically correct as possible ..

Sarkiss said:
DrTomas said:
Dear DrTomas,

it seems that 1.02 isnt worth starting a campaign with and most of its major issues are addressed in 1.03. with no prospect of having 1.04(5?) in the near future, releasing 1.03 to the masses will be a great news indeed, and would no doubt be welcomed by many a peasant lurking these boards.

thank you.

1.03 is working better but has the faction elimination bug and huge garrisons rendering it tough to play, I have stopped my play through during the beta test. Not much sense in releasing it as is. 

stevehoos said:
Sarkiss said:
DrTomas said:
Dear DrTomas,

thank you.

1.03 is working better but has the faction elimination bug and huge garrisons rendering it tough to play, I have stopped my play through during the beta test. Not much sense in releasing it as is.
shame. 1.02 isnt much different/'better' in regards to bugs, though, or is it? i'd like to fire a game but am unsure of whether i should start one with 1.02, or just wait (and for how long no one realy seem to know) for an update :sad:

Sarkiss said:
stevehoos said:
Sarkiss said:
DrTomas said:
Dear DrTomas,

thank you.

shame. 1.02 isnt much different/'better' in regards to bugs, though, or is it? i'd like to fire a game but am unsure of whether i should start one with 1.02, or just wait (and for how long no one realy seem to know) for an update :sad:

Wait for the update, it's not worth investing so much time at this point. 1.02 has some balancing issues.

stevehoos said:
Sarkiss said:
stevehoos said:
Sarkiss said:
DrTomas said:
Dear DrTomas,

thank you.

Wait for the update, it's not worth investing so much time at this point. 1.02 has some balancing issues.
will do, thank you.

1)Flying objects in the battlefields of Anatolia. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173788516
2) King Bella's horse has a problem.http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173968076
3) people get stuck in not possible to go through places in battlefield of Anatolia.http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=174326418

An idea for 1.04.

Make interprises cost more and give more money. It is ridiculous that I have 20 different businesses around the globe. How about making a Dyeworks cost 25000 and give say 600 to 1000 dinars? This would make things feel more realistic, instead of owning properties all over the world.

Tournament bug, you battle clones!
There's 7 of those "professional" tournament knights you fight when no lords attend the tournament. Well, it's actually 4. The first 3 are OK, the 4th is the turning point. I think his name is Joachim Cator. The last 3 knights are his exact copies. Can you fix this please? Or at least make the Clones to look like the Star Wars ones and give me a lightsaber :grin:

stevehoos said:
Make interprises cost more and give more money. It is ridiculous that I have 20 different businesses around the globe. How about making a Dyeworks cost 25000 and give say 600 to 1000 dinars? This would make things feel more realistic, instead of owning properties all over the world.
Seconded, I would go further suggesting to bring more benefits and restrictions because of your social condition, for exemple:
A Craftman/Merchant can have an enterprise but no join tournament nor hold a fief
A Noble can't have an enterprise but can join tournament and to hold a fief

I like to play as a commoner...actually I'm playing as a son of artisan who can fight Joinville or Coucy in tournaments and hold a fief and...its recalling me that horrible film "A Knight’s Tale".  :sad:
Apologies to modders for being complaining  :smile:

@Rad, yes, if there is no local lords to fight, the game bring famous knights in the party and wore the arms of the hosting lord/king... french lords Coucy and Joinville and that Joachim Cator who comes straight from the late14th century.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jousting

G.Colonna said:
stevehoos said:
Seconded, I would go further suggesting to bring more benefits and restrictions because of your social condition, for exemple:
A Craftman/Merchant can have an enterprise but no join tournament nor hold a fief
A Noble can't have an enterprise but can join tournament and to hold a fief

I like to play as a commoner...actually I'm playing as a son of artisan who can fight Joinville or Coucy in tournaments and hold a fief and...its recalling me that horrible film "A Knight’s Tale".  :sad:
Apologies to modders for being complaining  :smile:

@Rad, yes, if there is no local lords to fight, the game bring famous knights in the party and wore the arms of the hosting lord/king... french lords Coucy and Joinville and that Joachim Cator who comes straight from the late14th century.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jousting

Lol, you did not read what I wrote mate. I know that those knights fill in. I am fighting Joachim AND his 3 clones, it's a bug. A really annoying bug that made me stop playing until it gets fixed.

About manors : I think things didn't change since the past versions. As prosperity grows you don't seem to get any extra money. The only parameter which seems related is the population. You can earn extra money by asking the tributes to be paid in form of goods and then go sell them on your own, as usual. I thought that if you don't get paid in goods you would earn more money by taxis but I'm not sure that this happens. I'll check this again ...
Edit: O.K. it works I was wrong. When your not paid in goods you get some extra money as income.
I had the strange "old man bug" at 300 something game days : My character lost his normal appearance and became an old man . Quite scary to see that you enter a castle and it's not you any more but this old man. I adjusted the characteristics and it was gone . I didn't notice any other thing related to that the rest of the game was normal.. Any ideas ?  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=174369161  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=174369208

Teutonic knights recruited in your manor by the monastery get disbanded with lances and they get available through lance recruitment to your fiefs . I intend when you are in no way part of the teutonic order or faction.
Edit: It results that this happens only with Teutonics and NOT with other order knights.
Edit : Hungarian warhorse with some to shiny aspect http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/901006906447168695/F3E612B5FA78370D0A449F01869E1B77958F607D/

Is anybody of the 1.03 version testers still around or am I left alone?
Dr. Tomas if not anything else do something about 1) not possible to eliminate factions 2) extremely huge garisons. they are the most important bugs until now (350 and more ingame days).

Back
Top Bottom