Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone knows what anchor tags format is now?

I tried
iurl (as the old forum)
goto
jumpto
Anchor Link

This is the anchor.

Code:
[URL='https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/feedback-and-suggestions.391543/page-9/#AnchorTest']Anchor Link[/URL]

[anchor]AnchorTest[/anchor]This is the anchor.

What's innovative about a site that looks like a rushed copy of literally every other website around today?
What's organised about dropdown menus with 15 options and a site so hard to navigate that even the moderators hate it?
What's worth defending about any of this?
THANKS FOR THE RIGHT TO ANSWER.
1) I don't know any other forum sites. I'm not interested in them because they don't concern me. I compare the old forum with the new forum and I call it innovative. After all, the forum is innovative compared to its old form.
2) I haven't tested forum menus in the long term. There is currently a regular forum menu. I find what I am looking for. I love new features.
3) I value the opinions of the moderators, other people in the forum and you. Important.
My opinion; I feel like I'm browsing a quality (AA) game form. Maybe the old forum is intimate, but innovations are important for our eye taste and quality of life. Of course, we have to blend old and new and make our favorite forum. I will support the new forum during the reconciliation process.

1) I don't know any other forum sites. I'm not interested in them because they don't concern me.

Your intentional/unintentional ignorance of modern web design is completely anecdotal and therefore not valid as an argument. Just because you don't know any other website doesn't make this one innovative.

Hypothetical example:

I have only seen two films. The Birth of a Nation and Jack & Jill.

Due to my complete ignorance of all filmmaking that has taken place between The Birth of a Nation and Jack & Jill, I can conclude that Jack & Jill is extremely innovative compared to The Birth of a Nation. In fact, Jack & Jill is the most innovative film ever made.

Last edited:
1. Group Administration
Admins of social groups need to be able to edit the posts of other users and admins in order to properly moderate their groups. They should also be able to lock and reopen threads. These features are especially important for tournament hosting, when multiple people have to work on the same threads.

2. Table columns
It would be a massive improvement to allow users to edit the width of table columns.

Something like this:
Code:
[TABLE]
[TR][TH width=50px]Header 1[/TH][TH width=100px]Header 2[/TH][/TR]
[TR][TD]Content 1[/TD][TD]Content 2[/TD][/TR]
[/TABLE]

3. Table borders
When you nest tables, the attributes of the outer table affect the inner table. This may of course be desired, for example, when centering. However, with regard to the noborder-attribute, it would be nice if you could define it individually for each table. This would allow you to display the outer table without borders, and the inner table with borders.

4. Table headlines
Headlines are a nice addition, but they would be even better if you could combine multiple cells of a row (like in Excel or Calc).

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't read other pages before this so if it was mentioned before, please ignore this. I just noticed that off-topic posts started to count as -regular- posts and show up in your profile which was later changed to the opposite in the old forum. Cheers.

Also, how do I ignore the ongoing topics that I have posted on? Couldn't see a way to stop them to show up in my filtered new posts section.

1. Group Administration
Admins of social groups need to be able to edit the posts of other users and admins in order to properly moderate their groups. They should also be able to lock and reopen threads. These features are especially important for tournament hosting, when multiple people have to work on the same threads.
I've posted a request for this to the addon devs, as it definitely would be very useful. I have no idea as of yet whether they'll be interested or not.

For the table stuff, we probably won't be seeing those features, as the extra table functionality that we have is through a free addon. That addon may add more features for tables eventually; we'll see.

Sorry I didn't read other pages before this so if it was mentioned before, please ignore this. I just noticed that off-topic posts started to count as -regular- posts and show up in your profile which was later changed to the opposite in the old forum. Cheers.
This one was missed. Off Topic posts will no longer count towards your post count. I'd expect they will still show up in your profile, though.

Off Topic posts will no longer count towards your post count. I'd expect they will still show up in your profile, though.
Wait, are they not the same thing?

By the way, what's with the GIF avatars? Is it not possible to use them from now on or will they be available later? I saw a lot of people from Turkish forum is complaining about new avatars. Like the round frame is cute and all but it's a little bit small for the interface. Considering avatar limits are 400x400p now, it's kinda bummer.

That's said, what do you guys think about the current avatars?

Wait, are they not the same thing?
Do you mean the posts showing up in your profile, or the postcount? The posts will show up. The postcount won't reflect them though, if that's what you meant rather than the posts showing up themselves.
By the way, what's with the GIF avatars? Is it not possible to use them from now on or will they be available later?
Apologies, but animated GIF avatars won't be possible. I found a solution that was supposed to make them possible (using ImageMagick library), but all it accomplished in testing was to eat up server resources and then didn't actually work. So, they won't be coming back.

So you can apparently see who voted on a poll, even without logging in. Here is a list of all the monarchists on this forum. Everyone go spam their profiles with agitprop.

(Is this intended?)

Screenshot_20200127-165057_Chrome.jpg

Any idea of when we can actually begin moderating and editing our subforums because this entire UI update has made some text an eyesore to read?

I hope we can continue to lock/merge/unlock threads like the old forum allowed. If this isn't the case this makes moderating even more 'not fun.'

You would think that would have came with the new UI since, ya know, being able to moderate our forums is important.

Any idea of when we can actually begin moderating and editing our subforums because this entire UI update has made some text an eyesore to read?

I hope we can continue to lock/merge/unlock threads like the old forum allowed. If this isn't the case this makes moderating even more 'not fun.'

You would think that would have came with the new UI since, ya know, being able to moderate our forums is important.

Existing subboards will have their moderators added to them over the coming days. Unfortunately, it is a manual process and there are a lot of boards.

I guess this would fall as a suggestion? Add Mixer and YouTube gaming for streaming options. So far all I see are Twitch streams in the Streams page. Those fields are also missing in the Profile page.

I guess this would fall as a suggestion? Add Mixer and YouTube gaming for streaming options. So far all I see are Twitch streams in the Streams page. Those fields are also missing in the Profile page.
Mixer is already an option. YouTube was being looked into, but it wasn't possible to scrape YouTube streams the same way as Twitch and Mixer streams. It would require the addon developer to add compatibility, so it's up to them.

Mixer is already an option. YouTube was being looked into, but it wasn't possible to scrape YouTube streams the same way as Twitch and Mixer streams. It would require the addon developer to add compatibility, so it's up to them.
How does one get that setup? I sometimes stream on Mixer. I tried a test, but it never was listed?

How does one get that setup? I sometimes stream on Mixer. I tried a test, but it never was listed?
If I remember correctly, it checks Twitch and Mixer every 10 or so minutes, and scrapes the streams from the Mount & Blade categories.

Edit: I see your stream on the Streams page now.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, it checks Twitch and Mixer every 10 or so minutes, and scrapes the streams from the Mount & Blade categories.

Edit: I see your stream on the Streams page now.
Yep, scrapes every 10 minutes. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom