Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there, @Janus. I have three suggestions.

1. It would be nice to support the anchor bbcode tag to be able to link to specific paragraphs of a post.

2. It would be neat if clicking on the button for preformatted or inline text doesn't add carriage returns to the tags when sandwiching the selected text, as that defeats the inline thing a bit, one needs to fix it up later, I normally just copy-paste them in the raw editor, to make sure it does what I need. Not sure how feasible that is in XenForo.

The way the preformatted text worked in SMF was just changing the font of specific
words
without affecting the background (good, that's what icode is for) or making it appear as a block. Ideally it would respect whitespace and not have line gaps, making the box-drawing characters show up fine and square.

3. The comment length in profile replies is kind of limited, but my main qualm is that the formatting text counts against the limit. So you can't even add two linked words in there when someone asks you something; you have to split it into a bunch of them, which is kind of ugly.

Thanks in advance.

1. That's what the anchor BBCode does. The format of it has changed from how it worked in SMF, but that's what it does if used correctly. See here.

Code:
[anchor]anchor-example[/anchor]
And here's an example link to an anchor just above.

2. XenForo's post editor has various issues which are beyond what I'm willing to mess with. I understand they are continuing to fix various issues that they can while actively looking into replacing the Froala core of the editor with something else in a future XenForo release.
But as to your point of preformatted text having unwanted gaps between lines, that's a good point. I've just made a CSS tweak to fix that.

3. I've increased the comment character limit to 1000. There are apparently performance concerns with increasing the length limit too much, which of course are irrespective of whether the content is plain text or BBCode formatting info or whatever.

Last edited:
1. I see, probably should have looked more into this, came across that post and saw the raw [bbcode] text in the rendered post.
2. Great, I think that at least solves most of the problems I had with it. Yeah, I understand the limitations, you aren't going to fork the codebase.
3. Thanks a ton, I appreciate it. I think this should be more than enough.

Last couple of months the cloudflare protections has been locking me out regardless of how long i wait. I can only access it sometimes on my phone and only if I turn the VPN off. Bear in mind that I've been in China for a year but it's never been an issue until recently. Dunno if it's something you can feasibly fix, just making you aware.

Last couple of months the cloudflare protections has been locking me out regardless of how long i wait. I can only access it sometimes on my phone and only if I turn the VPN off. Bear in mind that I've been in China for a year but it's never been an issue until recently. Dunno if it's something you can feasibly fix, just making you aware.
The CloudFlare browser check is currently needed to handle some DDoS attacks that have been occurring.

Presumably your time and date are correct. Is this with more than one browser, or possibly specific to one?

I noticed that on certain dev modes/ Desktop view on your mobile phone cloudflare does all also block your access. Propably also if you block sharing device informations or something like that.

Did old forum theme color released while I am gone?
It didn't, and Callum (who made this current theme and had planned to do that variation) has since left TW to work elsewhere. I might ought to just go ahead and make a simple color-based theme swap from my old forum theme myself.

Hi. Just my two cents, but forums.taleworlds.com ought to link to this page, the forums. Sorry, but this homepage is useless (unless you wanted to go directly to one of the non-English forums, I guess), and as soon as it loads I have to click another button to get to the forums themselves. Not a big issue, just an observation.

unless you wanted to go directly to one of the non-English forums, I guess

You answered your own question. Most people don't speak English, including the developers themselves. If you use the forums regularly, use a bookmark. Otherwise the English forums are overpromoted as it is, it would be ridiculous to automatically link to the English language forums for no reason other than that it's the language you speak.

Back
Top Bottom