Feedback and suggestions

Danes should have

• infantry and archers divided

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • infantry and archers united

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I know you are aware of that other mod - Lords of War - which is pretty identical to your mod in respect to the background story. Since you both seem to have nice ideas and a passion for this year, would it be possible to seek a partnership?

I asked to Markus II to merge with this mod,but he preferred to continue his own path.
Anyway I don't see any matters on reciproce help,the source of the mod is available for everyone:wink:.

Hi,

Nice mod !! and I have a little suggestion for a viking feeling.

To die, and to have Heroes die to.... maybe as an option!?

Because, for the viking part of the game, it's important to go to Valhalla! (don't remember the spelling)

Thanks!

dHErblay said:
Hi,

Nice mod !! and I have a little suggestion for a viking feeling.

To die, and to have Heroes die to.... maybe as an option!?

Because, for the viking part of the game, it's important to go to Valhalla! (don't remember the spelling)

Thanks!

permanent death should be optional

What do you guys think about reducing the arrows from 24 to 12 and all the throwing weapons from 7 to 3?

I have been testing it out and I like it, it forces hand to hand combat much quicker.

I am just curious what everyone else thinks.

In this particular mod it might just work.
But it would also mean that you would never choose to invest in archery or throwing.
And that's sad, since especially throwing weapons fits in really well with the Nordic theme (throwing axes e.g.).
Perhaps the bows and throwing weapons could be made at least 1/2 - 1/3 stronger, to balance things a little.
That way throwing weapons would appear very powerful - as they truly were -
and the melee fighting could still begin quickly.
What do you think?

Latest version of this mod is awesome, great capture of the feeling of the era. I think you've done an especially good job balancing M&B's cavalry-orientated model with the infantry-based nature of the era.

Any hints on future plans? Are you still planning to add the Norwegians and Irish?

Lancer

The first goal was to recreate the whole British isles.But after some time I got eaten by the Britain conflict,and I still have plans for that.
So Ireland have to wait(don't know how much).
Future features are posts around this subforum.(actually I don't remember all).

Making the archery more powerful will make it worse.  Right now, I feel like I'm playing Mount & Range.  Everyone and their mom has something to throw or shoot.  It's a bit hard attacking axers on foot when you have 3+ archers shooting at you always. 

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining.  I'm enjoying the layout of this mod a lot!  This is indeed fun.

First of all this mod ROCKS!! I love it :razz:

I have one little thing that i think should be changes:grin:
U should change the factiones names to the country names instead, eg. "Danes" so change it to "Denmark" Its a bid wierd when it says Jarl ... of Danes (Forgot the names :mrgreen:)

jvvpc said:
You should change the factions names to the country names instead, eg. "Danes" so change it to "Denmark" It's a bid weird when it says Jarl ... of Danes (Forgot the names :mrgreen:)
I don't believe the factions are considered countries but more like cultures.
Jarl ... of Danes is representing the Danes on the British islands.
Besides, historically the national states were not conceived at that point.
And so people considered themselves Brittons or Danes and not British or Danish.

That's right.
Denmark wouldn't be correct simply because Ivar and the Danelaw in general,are not part of Denmark.Same for the Brittons and the Scots,they don't represent a kingdom but a culture,a population.
Jarl is just the best translation for lord,same as for Alderman about the saxons.I'll add a correct title also for the Brittons and Scots in future.

Don Doggy said:
Maybe you should make Scots wear kilts. Atleast what I know regular scottish people and soldiers wore kilts home, work and battle. And sheep wool shirt and/or hardened leather.
Just to add: If you add Welsh and Irish, they should wear kilts too. And Scots usually painted their faces blue for some reason

I don't think the welsh wore kilts at that time (they had been Romanized a fair bit) and I'm not even sure if Irish and picts wore kilts for war. Is this mod going to have picts in it or just scots?

Don Doggy said:
Don Doggy said:
Maybe you should make Scots wear kilts. Atleast what I know regular scottish people and soldiers wore kilts home, work and battle. And sheep wool shirt and/or hardened leather.
Just to add: If you add Welsh and Irish, they should wear kilts too. And Scots usually painted their faces blue for some reason

Nor Scots,nor Welsh nor Irish wear kilts at that time.Scots(Scottish) wil begin to use them only in late 1500.Welsh and Irish,not at all I think.
Btw,welsh are already in game,just with their period name(Brittons).

pentagathus said:
I don't think the welsh wore kilts at that time (they had been Romanized a fair bit) and I'm not even sure if Irish and picts wore kilts for war. Is this mod going to have picts in it or just scots?

Picts and Scots were under the same king(Costantine I king of Picts and Scots),what I might do is make two different troop trees for the Scots,or add a raiding bandit party of Picts that won't attack the Scots.

At this time there was'nt one overall king of scotland. There were some pict kingdoms still. And the scots did wear kilts but it was'nt actualy a national symbol yet (as quite a lot of people used to wear kilts and tartan.) By the way if you make picts then you may like to know that they used pikemen and I think they used early crossbowmen (I know they did around the time the romans left.)

add a raiding bandit party of Picts that won't attack the Scots.

That's a good idea IMO. I'd also point out that although they were independent of them politically, the "Scots" were still culturally and linguistically highly similar to the Irish (and the names are used interchangeably by British and Saxon writers of the time, like Bede) so actually their militaries (and thus troop trees) would be very similar or identical. It is only after the Vikings occupy the Hebrides and other islands between them that the two cultures begin to drift apart.

Lancer

Back
Top Bottom