Features you want to see in single player Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Mordred said:
I hope that when I join a battle already in progress it actually looks like I showed up in the middle of the battle instead of "resetting" to the start of a new battle
One way to do it would be that you spawn in a sort of camp or clearing, while the AI spawns at a different part of the battlemap, so by the time that you get there they would already be fighting. And like Dan said, you could have corpses (human and beast :twisted:) lying around where the fighting is, and maybe splintered spears, flags, and shields to give the illusion of coming into a battle in progress.

it would be nice to fight more than 1v1... no need to see an actual battle, even to start with 3 or more factions in one battlefield would be awesome, think about it like this: someone saw you coming and everyone regrouped since they couldn't tell whom u will join (so they wait for your reaction)
another scenario is that u meet at a cross roads with multiple armies that are negociating or something :grin:

the point is a Free For All battle of even 100 troops each would be a lovely chaos 

LordZero said:
it would be nice to fight more than 1v1... no need to see an actual battle, even to start with 3 or more factions in one battlefield would be awesome, think about it like this: someone saw you coming and everyone regrouped since they couldn't tell whom u will join (so they wait for your reaction)
another scenario is that u meet at a cross roads with multiple armies that are negociating or something :grin:

the point is a Free For All battle of even 100 troops each would be a lovely chaos

Ohh yes I agree, reminds me of Medieval 2 Total War, where it was possible to have battles with multiple people but all against each other. A free for all, lovely.

Better AI.

From the videos and previews they gave us, the AI keeps doing the same thing as in Warband, that is rushing you down and spamming attacks on you.

Blood splats on armours, horses, weapons and such.
More realistic citizens, more "medieval fantasy type of" town (ppl brawling in the streets, drunk folks who pissed themselves knocked out on the streets, random put things in the enviroment, procedural situations and whatever)

Let it be alive, something absolutely gorgeous, something that we feel, something that we imagine.

Warband did that, and we want that same sensation again. And not just a re-skinned Warband ffs

Events
It would add flavor and spice up the game from time to time, it'll be like crusader king 2 event or game of throne style with it all the plot, reunion, etc
But only way to implement this is to give each lord a trait that influence his decision or take action like a cruel lord probably try to kidnap your family or someone else and if he's greedy, he ransom the person after the kidnapping

Greetings, fellows-at-arms.

There is indeed a feature I would love to see implemented in Bannerlord, both single player and multiplayer: Morale of troops.

I want to see troops whose will to battle can be broken so that they will try to flee or surrender, perhaps at the simplest by kneeling on the battlefield instead of fighting to the last man and only after that being represented by a numerical value telling us how many prisoners were taken.

Imagine the depth this would bring to the game; especially victorious and respected lords and a generous number of officers, maybe a standard bearer close by boosting the morale of their troops; the contrast one might have between a peasant force untrained in battle but defending their homes, families and livelihood compared to mercenaries, hardened but with no real loyalty to any faction or lord; the way heavy initial losses caused by a reckless charge could break a larger force, forcing them to flee at least for a while before a lord riding to them or a hornblower might make it possible for them to rally; just the way a string of losses would gnaw at the morale of a force, to the point of some soldiers deserting every night, maybe a champion of theirs even challenging their lord to a duel at some point, where as a string of victories would might eventually make it possible for the force fight to the last man with great fury and rage; the way factions could differ from each other by their morale by their nature and the conditions of the fight, depending on the region the battle takes place on etc. etc.

It should even present just a fascinating challenge in coding the AI.

I repeat myself: I would so very much love to see this implemented with taste and insight. Perhaps it's already in the works, I've no idea.

Fare well.

* )

Sometimes you just need to tell the world you are special.

The morale feature works fine in people's minds, but when it comes down to details, it's not that fun. The Warband implementation surely had noble intent, but it turns out that for some people chasing fleeing enemies to all corners of the map is not that interesting. Even if it is less realistic, battles to the last soldier are more fulfilling and glorious.
Or to put it in another way, fleeing, capturing and mid-battle fluff like that will likely disrupt the player's adrenaline rush during the killing frenzy we call a battle. If someone can design those features so that they don't stand in the way of non-stop killing and danger, please do.

Morale is arguably the factor in warfare and it's absence would be.. odd. Warband had it but was set very high, perhaps for good reason as even a few troops routing with the small battle sizes can tip the scales seriously either way. It was also pretty easy to keep morale high. Of course the number of battles where most soldiers fought to the last are tiny; the real slaughter was always in the rout.  From what we know though-

Have their been any changes to the morale system?

It’s not just a formation that can break morale. [Soldiers] can individually break. So, if they are holding formation, and you charge them from behind, that’s going to give them a big shock. They will try to fight a bit first, and then they see that it’s just overwhelming, so they can rout while the rest of your army is still fighting. It’s very individual. 

Definitely glad it's in, but if it's too realistic it's just not fun. We just have to tell ourselves calradians are braver than Earthlings!

https://www.pcgamesn.com/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-battles-hands-on-gameplay-e3

Hey, just a thought.  How about a system where they drop their weapons?  Maybe that'll have a speed increase?  I think realistically they might even remove their armour just to speed up.  Not sure about that in the game mechanic, seems a bit weird to suddenly see a knight turn into a naked peasant. 

I like the surrender mechanic but it would need a 'guard' mechanic.  Not sure how that'll work in the battlefield.  At least, if they drop their weapon they should be mostly harmless for the rest of the battle, unless we can work on that AI. 

I'd say, include it as an optional tick box.  I'm sure modders might be best for such a mechanic, but it would be nice.

"Add this as an option pls"
No, they must design it to be good for most of the players or drop it. They can't waste time on extra options that few people would use. Only a few features that divide the player base in two roughly equal camps, or features that are easy to do (like permadeath) are good option candidates. Anything else made optional says "we didn't quite think this through".

What about similar warbands as yourself?  A name generator, neutral warband leaders like yourself that you can challenge to a duel, fight army vs army and maybe befriend?  Some of them might be bandit leaders?  Eventually they might get hired by one of the factions.

Hey I just came up with someting else that i think it would be a nice idea: i would like for maces, hammers and very pointy weapons like the short pointy sword to have bonus damage against heavy armor, it would give us some incentive to use a mace that does 23 damage standart over a sword that does 28 since the mace would performe better against a heavy armored opponent. Maybe we could also have reduced the damage of the weapons that typically do not counter heavy armor when faced against a heavy armored foe.This would make weapon and armor choosing more interesting and realistic.

I also would like that we can choose what food our party will eat, one of the issues in warband is that it was difficult to trade food because our party would likely end up eating it even though we had food specifically for our party, so by the time we got to the market we had almost nothing to sell, so i would like to see that fixed

rodrimaux said:
Hey I just came up with someting else that i think it would be a nice idea: i would like for maces, hammers and very pointy weapons like the short pointy sword to have bonus damage against heavy armor, it would give us some incentive to use a mace that does 23 damage standart over a sword that does 28 since the mace would performe better against a heavy armored opponent. Maybe we could also have reduced the damage of the weapons that typically do not counter heavy armor when faced against a heavy armored foe.This would make weapon and armor choosing more interesting and realistic.

I also would like that we can choose what food our party will eat, one of the issues in warband is that it was difficult to trade food because our party would likely end up eating it even though we had food specifically for our party, so by the time we got to the market we had almost nothing to sell, so i would like to see that fixed

If I'm not wrong, and correct me if I am, there is already something like this in Warband. If you try to use a somewhat weak sword against armor, it will sometimes bounce off, whereas if you use a mace it won't.

Gab-AG. said:
rodrimaux said:

If I'm not wrong, and correct me if I am, there is already something like this in Warband. If you try to use a somewhat weak sword against armor, it will sometimes bounce off, whereas if you use a mace it won't.

Really?  :eek: i didnt remember. Still i think it maybe would be interesting to add bonus damage to maces and such.

John.M said:
rodrimaux said:
Really?  :eek: i didnt remember. Still i think it maybe would be interesting to add bonus damage to maces and such.
A weapon can either do cutting, piercing or blunt damage. Piercing and blunt take away a fraction of the armour rating, so a mace will have a bonus.

Thats already in warband? If it is then it would be nice to have all of this little interesting mechanics more explained in bannerlord

rodrimaux said:
John.M said:
rodrimaux said:
A weapon can either do cutting, piercing or blunt damage. Piercing and blunt take away a fraction of the armour rating, so a mace will have a bonus.

Thats already in warband? If it is then it would be nice to have all of this little interesting mechanics more explained in bannerlord

It is explained, just not overtly.
mykrY.jpg

aekilju said:
rodrimaux said:
John.M said:
rodrimaux said:

It is explained, just not overtly.
mykrY.jpg

Ok, in that case it would be nice to have that overtly

Back
Top Bottom