MP Features Needed to Remove Unfair Advantages in Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

The game needs these 2 features to improve multiplayer. These features are designed to eliminate unfair advantages some people get in multiplayer.

Background:
A sizeable group of experienced players are organizing through Discord. Typically you will see games with 6 random new players and 6 100+ win badge players. Those matches are neither balanced nor fun to play. They match up before starting multiplayer. They then use voice chat to coordinate in ways that random players cannot. See: https://captainleague.com/

Feature 1. In Game Voice Chat for Teammates
Provide voice chat to teammates. Right now people forming teams through Discord have a superior advantage in that they can talk with each other while playing. Random players are using they keyboard to fight/move and do not have time to stop and type/read messages. Providing in game voice chat remediates this advantage and makes multiplayer funner to play. (Alternatively, you could find a way to block out of game voice chat options like Discord.)

Feature 2. Team Balancing

Teams formed as described above tend to be much higher level than random teams. If a match is starting and one team's experience/levels far exceed the other teams, then the game should randomly assign teammates so that experience/player levels are balanced between the teams.

I'm taking a break from this game. Please message me if/when these features ever get added.

#ragequit

As a follow up to this, I would like to suggest the following about voice chat:

1a. Block Discord and other 3rd party voice chat apps.
1b. Add In-game voice chat.
1c. Limit the "hearing" distance of voice chat to the same distance as hot key group command. In other words, if I say something in an in-game voice chat, it would be cool if only the players physically close to me can hear it. In addition to adding realism, this will cut down on verbal abuse like people see in the text game chat right now. Optionally, you could make this could be audible to opposing players. In real life opposing warriors would be able to hear each other.
1d. When a player uses a hot-key group command, only the NPC's near them should respond. If NPC's are on the other side of the map, then they shouldn't suddenly be able to hear the captain.

I absolutely agree voice chat can be added.

I absolutely disagree that discord should be turned off. For one actually enforcing that would be a massive pain; also it would make bannerlord a pain in the arse to play. I like to play bannerlord while I talk to my friends (who are often playing other things) - should I not be able to speak to them?

And even if you do block it - a work around would come in almost instantly. It's just not even worth the attempt to block it.

That has to be a troll comment.

VOIP is coming eventually and we're getting some minor team balancing soon. I think the main issue in lobby-making is party vs solo. Hopefully that will get resolved down the line with either separate Solo/Duo MMR vs Party MMR or having a 'casual' and 'ranked' queue, where the ranked queue is just limited to duos.

When somebody pays money for your "early access" game and takes time to give you constructive feedback you should be thankful rather than dismissive.

He is a moderator, he is not a developer and has no ties to the company other than these forums and moderating them.

Your constructive feedback has already been noted months ago and is being implemented as others have said, no need to be hostile, especially when blocking discord sounds like something a troll would say. Nice you've blocked Discord on my PC, now I'll just pull the app up on my phone, or even if that's somehow blocked I'll just add dudes on facebook and create a voice call there. See how retarded it looks?

Lol this troll post. You want the system to allow people to queue up and then have them be seperated?

I have one thing to say to this;

git gud

Lol this troll post. You want the system to allow people to queue up and then have them be seperated?

I have one thing to say to this;

git gud

Imagine if pro teams stacked League -- or any competitive game -- to farm lp/mmr/elo. That would be absolutely ridiculous.

There's a good reason why queues should be separate. (Or separate mmr for solo/party.)

If you want to express your skill in a team setting, then there's scrims and tournaments. Ladder is a very separate entity that should be open to solo players to find success.

People can leave the game in Warmup phase without getting leaver buster penalty. Just leave if you are against a 6 stack, what is so hard about that?

Back
Top Bottom