features? gameplay? readme? Dranton in tavern...

Users who are viewing this thread

parachute

Regular
I remember a time, when everything downloadable had a readme, saying what the thing you downloaded actually does :grin:

What does Dranton in the tavern do?
"Adjust constants"
"Make contracts end"
"Adjust village xyz"

Looks like a debug function to me?---I cklicked all three of them.. Any harm to my game?

Another question: If I want the Ranger Captain from BoW Mod in Bandit King -- how do I do that? (Answer if it's easy please :smile:

i could be wrong, but i recall the readme actually being IN the installation box. were you hit next, next, then file path and so on.

Those are debug functionalities, if you suffer from one of a few bugs, you can go to him for a temporary fix.  Sadly, nox coded that, so I don't know what they do exactly, I could look it up, but I'm lazy ; )

Those functions weren't supposed to be exposed to players.

Adjust constants fixes some things that won't be right if you start playing bandit king with a savegame that was from vanilla, things that get set only at game creation - whatever those happen to be (such as morale bonus from alcohol)

end contract just sets the mercenary contract end day to now, so that I could test what happened when it ended (and not have to sit around waiting for that)

and the village thing sets village/castle ownership and association properly to how it's done in BK - i.e. all towns controlled by the nearest castle, and towns on their own.

Back
Top Bottom