Features from Viking Conquest I would like before EA ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought these features would be implemented in BL especially naval combat and decapitations or at least boat and ship transport. Boats and ships would go great for raiding and trading. And yeah whats with the hair colors, they are like 3-4 different colors that are bleached from one another.
VC was a mod published by TW, so they cant just take things from it without consent from the Brytenwalda team unless they have the rights? but who knows for sure, Naval combat will be in eventually, after release as they have said but decapitations is a no for age ratings obviously, if they would have added it it would have been before EA, but its to late now unless they do it with a dlc.

I do hope that naval warfare would bring back the epic beach landing battles inside coastal cities that VC had

That is true, the combat scope was toned down and its easier to balance that.
Now, personally speaking, I don't mind lack of perfect balance if things function decently. Like cavalry might ultimately be the better meta than infantry, but if infantry at least worked properly it might be more fun to play. Given the seemingly hard limits on AI its always possible for a skilled player to out-strat an AI with an arguably inferior army, just needs to be fun to do.

Agreed. The fact is (for example), horse archers should be a pain to deal with, and crossbows and heavy cavalry should have an advantage over infantry heavy armies like the Sturgians. It just adds more challenge for the player (and tactical considerations, like avoiding field battles with the Khuzait and going straight for sieging, etc). I do think that giving each faction a core of low tier, shield and spear infantry good for defence but not much else would vastly improve things. This would do a lot for battles by making them slower and more predictable for the AI. All the other cool units then become how you or the AI gets an advantage.

Also, one other thing that I love about VC is the bandit system. There are a lot more types, they have a more graded difficulty curve (looters - bandits - brigands - reavers - Vikings), and they remain a threat into the mid-game without being much of an annoyance. It's really fun to practice your tactics against a band of sixty or so brigands and reavers before moving on to fighting lords.

VC was a mod published by TW, so they cant just take things from it without consent from the Brytenwalda team unless they have the rights? but who knows for sure, Naval combat will be in eventually, after release as they have said but decapitations is a no for age ratings obviously, if they would have added it it would have been before EA, but its to late now unless they do it with a dlc.

I do hope that naval warfare would bring back the epic beach landing battles inside coastal cities that VC had
I'd be very surprised if TW didn't have a clause in their EULA that says that they own the rights to any features added by mods. And they would have a contract with the VC team that surely gives them ownership of everything in VC. I think it's more likely that VC had some fairly controversial and niche features that some players (including me) love, but a lot of players don't. Like having to rest, for example, it's great from an RP and immersion perspective, but a lot of players hated it for slowing down the game.

I think naval combat is unlikely, as the map doesn't have any islands and not a lot of water. I'd like it to return though.

I'd be very surprised if TW didn't have a clause in their EULA that says that they own the rights to any features added by mods. And they would have a contract with the VC team that surely gives them ownership of everything in VC. I think it's more likely that VC had some fairly controversial and niche features that some players (including me) love, but a lot of players don't. Like having to rest, for example, it's great from an RP and immersion perspective, but a lot of players hated it for slowing down the game.

I think naval combat is unlikely, as the map doesn't have any islands and not a lot of water. I'd like it to return though.
These features could be made optional.

Armagan already confirmed Naval combat in an interview though, but not for base game.

VC was so much better than this. You had a definite feel of progression, be that for combat prowess, armor and weapons, troops, money... Here you don't get a feel of progression at all.
High-end armors don't protect you as they should, high-end weapons don't make much more damage, high-end trrops still get killed by peasants with rocks. Your skill progress slowly and don't change things that much. Perks are mostly broken.
And the whole game feels haphazardly designed. I get the feeling that TW was much more focused on the multiplayer FPS part than the campaign.

I'm not sure that gameplay features can be copy protected like that. The code is protected, sure, but games copy each other features and ideas all the time. And Taleworlds is the publisher and owns the engine, so I would be very surprise if they don't have access to everything. BL is on a new engine so they need to write new codes anyways.

Still, on the topic at hand, things like hair colors and styles can be added in any small patch right? We can freely re-customized our character at anytime, so they could take it easy for now on that front.

Naval stuffs, I have mixed feelings. I like it in VC, but I just don't feel like it needs to be a priority right now, with the continental-type geography of BL and the fact that the current game feels quite unfinished. Maybe later in EA, when the game is more feature-complete and they have time..

I 100% agree. In VC I played with all of the optional stuff turned on and it made it much more immersive.
To add to this, how many players play on challenging with 100% damage. I imagine a majority do, BUT, definitely not everyone. More options to add realism and challange are great for the series, particularly if they can be toggled or scaled to fit personal preferences.
+1 to all proposed additions “before EA ends”
+1 to shield wall putting priority to having shielded units in front of shield wall! ??

In VC, I liked to mine in the local quarry and spend my life as a peasant riddled with filth.
Also, the biggest void for me is a world like Calradia missing a religion aspect to it.
they always left religion out of the game to avaoid problems, honestly it's a sound decition, though im sure someone could mod it in.

Ctrl C Ctrl V in to bannerlord thanks

and Ctrl C then Ctrl V + new content for new viking conquest DLC on bannerlord cheers

Confirmed??? That might be too strong a word. I believe Armagan said something akin to: "naval combat is something that we would like to implement at some point." That intent seems to be indicated by port towns like Vostrum. But to say confirmed... I'm not too sure about that.
You can decide for yourself, look at this video and start at 2:00 where he talks about future content after release.

I have no doubt that Taleworlds reads most of the ideas people post on the forums but not reply to each and every one of them, naval warfare was the most requested feature untill it came to life in VC in whatever very clunky form.

Even though i hated the sieges in warband, the feeling of sailing into a coastal city through the docks, jumping out and going wild is really something else.

But lets not talk about open sea warfare....

VC destroys this game in every way possible aside from graphics.

not by much though. viking conquest makes up for the lack of new technology/shaders/rednering system by having a superior art direction. the helmet, mail hauberks and stuff are properly scaled for example, the chainmail looks like chain mail instead of silver spray painted ramen, and character proportions are realistic,etc, etc

Cover3.jpg

4) Dismemberment. Gimme the choppity chop.
All the above.
Yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes and...
giphy.gif
You're Welcome :xf-wink: ?
About:
This mod adds the gore aspect of dismemberment and decapitation to Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. Whenever a player or NPC does fatal cut damage to an enemy's head by swinging left or right, there will be a chance the head will be decapitated.

Download Link:

Video:

May update with other possible dismemberment in the future. Don't know. It's up to jedijosh

You can decide for yourself, look at this video and start at 2:00 where he talks about future content after release.

I have no doubt that Taleworlds reads most of the ideas people post on the forums but not reply to each and every one of them, naval warfare was the most requested feature untill it came to life in VC in whatever very clunky form.

Even though i hated the sieges in warband, the feeling of sailing into a coastal city through the docks, jumping out and going wild is really something else.

But lets not talk about open sea warfare....
Ok. I stand corrected. That did sound less ambiguous than I remember.

Back
Top Bottom