SP - World Map [Feature Suggestion] Hiding on World Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Shazzadar

Recruit
Hi There,

what do you think about "hiding on world map", to be able to:
  1. Elude your pursuers when you have a small group (e.g. 20 warriors) and they have much more (e.g. 100+ warriors)
  2. Wait in an ambush for your enemies (improved conditions on battlefield, e.g. you've surrounded your enemies and kill 5% (or similar) before the battle starts)
The feature should depend on:
  • Size of your troops (easier with smaller groups)
  • Current terrain (easier in woods + hills)
  • Distance to nearest enemy (easier when they are far away)
  • Scouting skills of nearest enemy (easier when they are blind and dumb :wink:)
There could be an additional feature "search on world map", when you know your enemies must hide here somewhere, to search a small area (improves your chance to find them, but only once). And maybe you find a treasure ... :mrgreen:

Hi There,

what do you think about "hiding on world map", to be able to:
  1. Elude your pursuers when you have a small group (e.g. 20 warriors) and they have much more (e.g. 100+ warriors)
  2. Wait in an ambush for your enemies (improved conditions on battlefield, e.g. you've surrounded your enemies and kill 5% (or similar) before the battle starts)
The feature should depend on:
  • Size of your troops (easier with smaller groups)
  • Current terrain (easier in woods + hills)
  • Distance to nearest enemy (easier when they are far away)
  • Scouting skills of nearest enemy (easier when they are blind and dumb :wink:)
There could be an additional feature "search on world map", when you know your enemies must hide here somewhere, to search a small area (improves your chance to find them, but only once). And maybe you find a treasure ... :mrgreen:

I think that Roguery would be equally important to this feature as the scouting skill is, maybe a direct counter to each other?

While I do think this would be a great addition to the feature list, I would state, that for me, it would be in the "nice-to-have" priority. Also do you, @Shazzadar, think this should also be a feature that bandits and other NPCs can use? or do you think this should only apply as a player only skill/ability?

It should be a feature for all from my point of view, players and NPCs. Not only bandits, but also small groups fleeing from a lost battlefield to avoid being catched just short time after the battle. Would be also nice for travelling / fleeing villagers.

It should be a feature for all from my point of view, players and NPCs. Not only bandits, but also small groups fleeing from a lost battlefield to avoid being catched just short time after the battle. Would be also nice for travelling / fleeing villagers.
Cool, I thought so but didn't want to assume anything. Again, I agree, it would be a nice addition to the feature list, if for nothing else to provide a more immersive world.

What I've forgotten:

The inventory should take effect, too. If you own 500 Mules and 20000 barrels of beer, it will be hard to find any place at all to hide with all your rubbish :wink:

While I agree with an option for player to ambush enemies, I feel it should be much more important to have things like that for bandits.
Now bandit hideout missions are tedious and bendits are running with bare feets on a speed higher than your "footman on horses". That is a bit silly.

There should be an option to attack hideouts (another topics about that) and bandits should not be so fast.
What should protect the bandits - stealth. You should be glad to spot hideout and attack it. You should spot bandints roaming around the map, and then you will be able to catch up with them on horses (if they are not mounted themselves).

More than just that, I think roads should be introduced to the game. And, of course, bandits will try to set up the ambush on them.
If you have low scouting skills, you will not notice them, and they will attack you if your army is weaker, and let you pass by if it is stronger.

I think having the ability to ambush a larger army in which you would usually lose would be an amazing addition!

Back
Top Bottom