Feature request: temporary faction adjustments

Users who are viewing this thread

One of the things that is happening now is that it's possible to reset all of your factions in the game by signing on as a mercenary and then leaving service.

What I would suggest is the following

IF (player_is_mercenary) return mercenary_employer_faction_result
else return player_faction_result

also a player when mercenary should fly the banner of the lord he's working for, which helps represent to the player that he's going to be recognized as a combatant on the field.

It's not that hard to code, and it resolves a lot of issues. 

Idibil said:
Mm, you mean that when player has faction and he convert in warrior of a lord (freelancer), he lose faction?
I have look it, for if player have faction, lord shouldnt accept him.

The way you have done it, being mercenary resets faction adjustments. 

My suggestion is that if the player is a mercenary, when you check the player's faction standing you should check the NPC to whom he is a mercenary instead.  That way the player is automatically of the same standing as the faction he is working for.

Yes.  How I solved it in bandit king was :

While the player is a mercenary :

1) player factions report as the employer faction instead.
2) player cannot take harmful actions against non-enemies of the employing faction.
3) player uses employer banner
4) actions the player takes affect the employer's faction, not the player's on the faction level but still affect the player personally.  (individual lords etc., and villages that the player raids)

just a suggestion.  I found that works better than actually changing the player's factions since those get all screwed up.

Back
Top Bottom