Feature request: supply wagon / food changes

Users who are viewing this thread

When the player creates a supply wagon, have it 'trail' the player instead of being 'in the player's inventory'.    This prevents the obvious exploit of having an invisible pocket of inventory inside the player's inventory.

most everything else should be the way it is now, except -

if the player is near the wagon when food time comes the 'has food' check also checks the wagon's inventory.

on a related note, it would really, really be nice if you would consider adding some 'prepared rations' items that have a moderate morale bonus but a quantity of 1000.  Beans, salted pork, hard tack bread.  One of the many breakdowns this game has at end-game is that the cute 'food system' falls apart when the player starts having the same size of armies as the NPCs.  With 600 men in your army, you're eating 600 food which means that after a few days you're clearing out several cities of most of their food items.    It also becomes improbable to have a siege if you have to be there for a week, because for an army of 700 guys you end up needing 4200 food.

Of course, following the same sort of "AI cheats" system that M&B is very guilty of - the NPCs don't have to worry about food (or income), so the end game only works for them.

Thanks for reading!

Sound like very good ideas. It would be nice if the "food check" included the supply wagon.

Only problem/question I'd wonder about is: could it distinguish when the supply wagon was close at hand and when it was off running a trade run?

i like that idea very much
how about evan make the wagon 100% safe from looting by enemy?..
you can make it so it basicly run off  to safty in case your army lost the battle?

yeah it's trivial.

all you need to do is get the wagon's position at the beginning of the food calc, and then get your position and feed that to the calc distance routine.  if it's less than (some number) then you get food from the wagon.

I would also suggest considering adding a check that if your unit is camped next to a player-owned city that you get supply from that city. 

Back
Top Bottom