Do you miss these Warband features?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

NordCat

Recruit
(Before reading, or commenting on this post, keep in mind that BANNERLORD is still in early-access and TaleWorlds are hard at work fixing and adding to the game. We have had up until now (04.03.20.) daily patches for bugs and glitches, some of the next features are confirmed to be coming! I don't want to spark any hate or controversy, this post is mainly made for people to share their thoughts on the current state of the game and what they want added in the future, enjoy)

Hello guys,
I'm James and I have been playing the Mount and Blade series for as long as I remember. Being one of my first PC games, and one that I have been consistently playing up until the release of Bannerlord, I had the most high expectations for it. I am very pleased with the game. A lot of nostalgia, bringing me right back to the first time I played Warband.
I must say there are some things I don't like, and I encourage all of you to reply to this post with features you want, don't like or though would be in the game!

FEATURES I DISLIKE

I personally don't like that the Empire takes over the whole north, east and south in around 8 to 12 years. Characters to me feel kinda dead, as they don't have much dialogue options as in Warband (ex. telling your mighty king where a giant enemy army is approaching your kingdom). The option ''hero death'' clearly doesn't work, after defeating the same nobel up to three or four times they still just carry on with life.

FEATURES I WANT ADDED

I would love to see much more lively towns. They could add guards on the walls, NPCs that move around more, look at the player, respond to the player. I would also love seeing more dialogue options with different people, adding to the lore of the game.

FEATURES I THOUGHT WOULD BE IN THE GAME

I honestly expected much more features (not saying that the Bannerlord doesn't have enough of them). I expected more customization around your military, being able to customize armor, weapons, or even have a flag man waving your giant banner across the battlefield. I would of loved being able to take my party into a tavern and pay them all a mug of wine and relax to the bard playing different tunes. And WHY AREN'T THERE KINGDOM FEASTS??. Being one of my most down right favorite features. You can chat with your trusted nobles, talk to ladies, take quests and relax from all the battles you have gone through!

Please , if you have anything to add, suggest or even don't like some of my thoughts, post to this thread. I just would really like some things that aren't there, but I do still love and envy Bannerlord (suggestions of features will be added in the pool so that people can vote on different ideas),

Thanks for reading the post, James:grin:

Last edited:
I think that everything you said isn't implemented yet because it's only EA and was planned to add to the game anyway.

or even have a flag man waving your giant banner across the battlefield.
these will also be in as said by Count Delinard, Global Moderator here
FEATURES I DISLIKE

I personally don't like that the Empire takes over the whole north, east and south in around 8 to 12 years.
this is not a feature, it was said so by mexxico in this post

And WHY AREN'T THERE KINGDOM FEASTS??.
dont have a link for this one but im pretty sure they will implement this later aswell

I think that everything you said isn't implemented yet because it's only EA and was planned to add to the game anyway.
I hope so! I don't want to cause any controversy. I made this post to see what features people want that aren't currently in game.
Thanks for the reply :grin:

these will also be in as said by Count Delinard, Global Moderator here

this is not a feature, it was said so by mexxico in this post

dont have a link for this one but im pretty sure they will implement this later aswell
Even though I am very familiar to Warband, I haven't been as close to TellTales and their website. Thank you a lot for sharing the thread! :grin:

I hope so! I don't want to cause any controversy. I made this post to see what features people want that aren't currently in game.
Thanks for the reply :grin:
well, i personally want them to expand the minor factions.

at the very least i want the ability to recruit their troops. they could give them some quests and allow you to "earn" troops that way.
it would also be nice if they took over settlements and become a propper faction.

right now they are just an organised version of bandits.

I agree! Also I don't like the experience that I had with settlements so far. I was with the Battanians, and was never awarded a village, suddenly ''my'' fort and villages get raided. Not very clear as to what is in your possession.

(Before reading, or commenting on this post, keep in mind that BANNERLORD is still in early-access and TaleWorlds are hard at work fixing and adding to the game. We have had up until now (04.03.20.) daily patches for bugs and glitches, some of the next features are confirmed to be coming! I don't want to spark any hate or controversy, this post is mainly made for people to share their thoughts on the current state of the game and what they want added in the future, enjoy)

Hello guys,
I'm James and I have been playing the Mount and Blade series for as long as I remember. Being one of my first PC games, and one that I have been consistently playing up until the release of Bannerlord, I had the most high expectations for it. I am very pleased with the game. A lot of nostalgia, bringing me right back to the first time I played Warband.
I must say there are some things I don't like, and I encourage all of you to reply to this post with features you want, don't like or though would be in the game!

FEATURES I DISLIKE

I personally don't like that the Empire takes over the whole north, east and south in around 8 to 12 years. Characters to me feel kinda dead, as they don't have much dialogue options as in Warband (ex. telling your mighty king where a giant enemy army is approaching your kingdom). The option ''hero death'' clearly doesn't work, after defeating the same nobel up to three or four times they still just carry on with life.

FEATURES I WANT ADDED

I would love to see much more lively towns. They could add guards on the walls, NPCs that move around more, look at the player, respond to the player. I would also love seeing more dialogue options with different people, adding to the lore of the game.

FEATURES I THOUGHT WOULD BE IN THE GAME

I honestly expected much more features (not saying that the Bannerlord doesn't have enough of them). I expected more customization around your military, being able to customize armor, weapons, or even have a flag man waving your giant banner across the battlefield. I would of loved being able to take my party into a tavern and pay them all a mug of wine and relax to the bard playing different tunes. And WHY AREN'T THERE KINGDOM FEASTS??. Being one of my most down right favorite features. You can chat with your trusted nobles, talk to ladies, take quests and relax from all the battles you have gone through!

Please , if you have anything to add, suggest or even don't like some of my thoughts, post to this thread. I just would really like some things that aren't there, but I do still love and envy Bannerlord (suggestions of features will be added in the pool so that people can vote on different ideas),

Thanks for reading the post, James:grin:
I think owning a castle or town should be more rewarding. I don't like how when you become owner of a keep it still looks and feels the same to how it was if you just visited before. you should have personal access to a private room or a balcony that lets you over look your lands. If you want to completely remove gang leaders by force from your town and set up your own business you should be able to do that, but at the risk of civil unrest.

another thing I'd love to see is a coronation when becoming a monarch, similar to the cut-scene you'd get when you marry in warband. Mainly I just want to feel like I've earned an ability when I gain power not just extra money with nothing to buy.

I agree! Also I don't like the experience that I had with settlements so far. I was with the Battanians, and was never awarded a village, suddenly ''my'' fort and villages get raided. Not very clear as to what is in your possession.
indeed the game could make it clearer when you get awarded with fiefs etc.
you can see what you own in a few screens,
you can see it in the clan management under Fiefs (Press L),
in the kingdom management you can go to clans than click your clan, it will show you the members and the fiefs you own. the kingdom screen can only be opened if you are in a kingdom (press K),
in the encyclopedia (press N) you can select your clan in the "clans" tab and see what you own there.

I think owning a castle or town should be more rewarding. I don't like how when you become owner of a keep it still looks and feels the same to how it was if you just visited before. you should have personal access to a private room or a balcony that lets you over look your lands. If you want to completely remove gang leaders by force from your town and set up your own business you should be able to do that, but at the risk of civil unrest.
the balcony or private room would be nice but i can understand if they would not do it, it would not ad much
the removal of gangs would be nice, it could start a minor war or something like that against bandits. as a king you do have more important things to do but when playing a vassal it would be nice to have more things to do.

another thing I'd love to see is a coronation when becoming a monarch, similar to the cut-scene you'd get when you marry in warband. Mainly I just want to feel like I've earned an ability when I gain power not just extra money with nothing to buy.
I agree! I think that what they could do is make the other lords and nobels be more wary of your position. They might be more kind and gifting towards you because of your possessions.

I agree! I think that what they could do is make the other lords and nobels be more wary of your position. They might be more kind and gifting towards you because of your possessions.
would be nice but i would be very nervous around them, if i already have much than i am a treat to them, why would they give me stuff unless they are sucking up to me? besides giving stuff to someone who is already more powerfull than you only makes them more powerfull, personally i would not do it unless i needed something from them :razz:

Feature Idea: Tactics Overhaul

Instead of being able to point-and-click to micromanage soldier groups like robots, I think there should be a more realistic process for orders being carried out. The higher the commander's tactics, and the higher each group's sergeant's tactics, the more responsive and correct execution of orders you get.

Higher levels in tactics could unlock different methods of ordering your formations and armies, such as a flag system, whistles, or some innovative bureaucratic military structure.

It could also mean that if a sergeant is killed, if there is no-one there to take over his role, (other companions assigned to the group) the group will no longer be easily/accurately commanded.

Back
Top Bottom