+ Yeah... we're not doing that
- wth why not?
+ It will break the other systems.
- what other systems
+ you know... the systems... like... gathering armies
- That seems like something that can be solved
+ Okey look the code is very fragile
- How fragile
+ As fragile as a high level armour against a looters rock, just one touch and it collasps
- A modder can make it!
+ Yeah. Im not paid for thinking here mate, I just keep sending emails to the 2 art designers we have until the sheeps reach peak levels
- What
+ Yeah I've been a week here as an intern and Armagan put me as second in command
- But where's the rest of the team?
+ Some doing opium, some playing elden ring, some are doing both
- And Callum?
+ Oh he's locked right there, huh remind me to feed him too, haven't touched that room in a while
- And Dejan?
+ Oh he's in the lower one, you dont wanna get there, that **** is dark
- And.. armagan?
+ The mobs
- What
+ the mobs got him
+ Because of the drug dealing? Pay attention! Armagan got really greedy after making millions out of a small project he started on his own, so he decided to start drug smuggling to the Kurds, you know, a tale old as time in Turkey. See the new building? We dont even need that! Its only two of us here man, its just to wash money.
- Holy ****
+ And then the mobs got really angry because of the new equipment system in MP, apparently they had a big team in Warband and they really didnt like the changes
- Thats why the mobs got him???
+ Hey dude Multiplayer may have a small community but they're really passionate about it.
- This is unreal, then why you just dont change it back
+ Are you crazy? The new equipment system ™ took like 2 weeks to code and complete, who are you gonna sign up to work? NIN3? He worked like crazy and then got addicted to crack because of the stress.
- And if we have that much money, why dont we even hire more people, and why the **** am I not being paid?!?!?
+ Welcome to the game industry mate *burns a 1000$ cuban with 500 liras in a strip club*

LOL ..

I suspect the programmers were contracted in Lira, and with that falling through the floor, they are really .. really .. ^%^%^&.. Maybe they should be paid in Russian Rubles ? .. or Ukranian ... or Shanghai dead-pets ... BACK IN THE BOX ! .. what? .. That's enough from you, back in box .. doh !

I know that feasts are something people really want to see in the game and to be honest I agree that it does feel like something has been taken away in that sense with Bannerlord.

However, it isn't like the design team hasn't looked at implementing feasts in some manner before rejecting the idea. I believe it mainly comes down to the sort of impact that having lords visit and spend time in other settlements would have on other systems in the game.
I appreciate the beginning of an answer.

What other systems though?

What other systems could negatively be impacted by nobles visiting a settlement during peacetime for a week once in a while?

The only one I can think of is bandit/looter proliferation, and that's already something that needs to be tuned anyway.

The other possibility is that nobody at TW thought of the obvious solution of making feasts only run during peacetime, lords held feasts during war, and as a result it stuffed around wars. But again, that's easily fixed by making feasts only possible during peacetime.

Could you please ask for us what systems feasts negatively impact as a reason that they can't be added?

The best thing to be done is for one or two Taleworlds employees to put in the less than a week of work that Bloc has demonstrated it takes to add these missing Warband features, and *then* address major bugs/balance problems, make the game as modder friendly as possible, and then release. With minor bug/balance fixes post release.

These arguments could be made for any set of things in the game.

Realistic Battle Mod should be stock. Improved Garrisons (in some form should be in the game). The Autoresolve Rebalanced mod should be as well.

These arguments could be made for any set of things in the game.

Realistic Battle Mod should be stock. Improved Garrisons (in some form should be in the game). The Autoresolve Rebalanced mod should be as well.
The key difference is whether or not they were already in the scope of the series either by being in Warband or Taleworlds saying they would be in Bannerlord.

Warband had armour that worked and was fun so yes I agree that some elements of RBM (though not all of it) should be in vanilla. Autoresolve should indeed also be rebalanced. Fixes of imbalanced/broken/unfun existing game mechanics, and implementing features within the scope of the series, aren't mutually exclusive to each other. A studio of this size should be able to handle both.

However if you were talking about features outside the scope of the series which Taleworlds has given no indication whatsoever would be added then I would disagree.

Well, I guess we as fans and community, tend to think things works like democracy, we vote and demand the features we want get implemented into the game...
Ultimately it's about a company that sells us a product we buy or don't and that's pretty much the end of it. If those extensively discussed features aren't part of the vision™, I don't think there's anything we can do.
Sure, we can discuss feasts and numerous ways to improve the game, to give it a soul, like we have been... don't get me wrong, i do find these discussions productive, it's just that it doesn't change the vision™ whatever may be... Nor we get any reasoning from whoever..

Ultimately it's about a company that sells us a product we buy or don't and that's pretty much the end of it.
I would agree if they hadn´t chosen the EA route! Sure, EA doesn´t mean the community gets whatever it wants, but it also doesn´t mean that the company should just give zero ****s about it´s community. TW used EA only to get money, maybe they thought about Kickstarter I don´t know.

Realistic Battle Mod should be stock. Improved Garrisons (in some form should be in the game).

I vote no to that. Some HI fight in Rank n File. I haven't seen that from RBM yet, maybe I'm wrong but in general mods like this should stay as mods, Someone else might develop something better later on ???

I appreciate the beginning of an answer.

What other systems though?

What other systems could negatively be impacted by nobles visiting a settlement during peacetime for a week once in a while?

The only one I can think of is bandit/looter proliferation, and that's already something that needs to be tuned anyway.

The other possibility is that nobody at TW thought of the obvious solution of making feasts only run during peacetime, lords held feasts during war, and as a result it stuffed around wars. But again, that's easily fixed by making feasts only possible during peacetime.

Could you please ask for us what systems feasts negatively impact as a reason that they can't be added?
Its the balance. There has been balance in Calradia at the cost of everything.

If something messes up the army locations, peace/war, whatever, it will mess up the balance. Kingdoms are now carefully tweaked to never lose or gain a single foot of ground. If one kingdom decides to gather for a feast, that'll mean they might lose one castle too many and then the balance is disturbed.

Everyone is always at equal footing. Underdogs are gone. Its Westeros but all the Seven Kingdoms are the same strength and nobody sits on the Iron throne. balance.

WdIeKEt.jpg

Warband had armour that worked and was fun so yes I agree that some elements of RBM (though not all of it) should be in vanilla. Autoresolve should indeed also be rebalanced. Fixes of imbalanced/broken/unfun existing game mechanics, and implementing features within the scope of the series, aren't mutually exclusive to each other. A studio of this size should be able to handle both.

The thing is, I consider armor that "works" to be a basic feature in the game in at least a semi-realistic manner.

Right now that's not the case. Armor is too ineffective vs arrows and melee weapons.

I vote no to that. Some HI fight in Rank n File. I haven't seen that from RBM yet, maybe I'm wrong but in general mods like this should stay as mods, Someone else might develop something better later on ???

Without RBM, armor is fundamentally broken. That's the problem.

If something messes up the army locations, peace/war, whatever, it will mess up the balance. Kingdoms are now carefully tweaked to never lose or gain a single foot of ground. If one kingdom decides to gather for a feast, that'll mean they might lose one castle too many and then the balance is disturbed.

Everyone is always at equal footing. Underdogs are gone. Its Westeros but all the Seven Kingdoms are the same strength and nobody sits on the Iron throne. balance.

The issue is that feasts in no way interfere with the general balance of the game.

If anything, they may give a chance for smaller kingdoms to build good relationships.

The thing is, I consider armor that "works" to be a basic feature in the game in at least a semi-realistic manner.

Right now that's not the case. Armor is too ineffective vs arrows and melee weapons.
Yeah, I'm in agreement. I consider correctly functional armour to be both something Warband had and something that Bannerlord should have anyway in order to be a fun game and not just an archerfest.

Leaked conversation of an intern with a vet:
-Feasts?
- wth why not?
- what other systems
- How fragile
+ As fragile as a high level armour against a looters rock, just one touch and it collasps
- A modder can make it!
+ Yeah. Im not paid for thinking here mate, I just keep sending emails to the 2 art designers we have until the sheeps reach peak levels
- What
+ Yeah I've been a week here as an intern and Armagan put me as second in command
- And Callum?
+ Oh he's locked right there, huh remind me to feed him too, haven't touched that room in a while
- And Dejan?
- And.. armagan?
+ The mobs
- What
+ the mobs got him
+ Because of the drug dealing? Pay attention! Armagan got really greedy after making millions out of a small project he started on his own, so he decided to start drug smuggling to the Kurds, you know, a tale old as time in Turkey. See the new building? We dont even need that! Its only two of us here man, its just to wash money.
- Holy ****
+ And then the mobs got really angry because of the new equipment system in MP, apparently they had a big team in Warband and they really didnt like the changes
+ Hey dude Multiplayer may have a small community but they're really passionate about it.
+ Are you crazy? The new equipment system ™ took like 2 weeks to code and complete, who are you gonna sign up to work? NIN3? He worked like crazy and then got addicted to crack because of the stress.
- And if we have that much money, why dont we even hire more people, and why the **** am I not being paid?!?!?
+ Welcome to the game industry mate *burns a 1000$ cuban with 500 liras in a strip club*
giphy.gif

OMG I think I died for a second. Hilarious!

Leaked conversation of an intern with a vet:
-Feasts?
- wth why not?
- what other systems
- How fragile
- A modder can make it!
- What
- And Callum?
- And Dejan?
- And.. armagan?
+ The mobs
- What
+ the mobs got him
- Holy ****
?

Are they actually going for a console port? I've heard so many things about it now but none seem confirmed. I'm beginning to think its an urban legend.

Because what percentage of players would play on console? Without mods and such? And if there would be a console port, would it be crossplay?

Are they actually going for a console port? I've heard so many things about it now but none seem confirmed. I'm beginning to think its an urban legend.

Because what percentage of players would play on console? Without mods and such? And if there would be a console port, would it be crossplay?
Sure, was confirmed many times, Mexxico (former dev) said here over 1 year ago that he has to do some console optimation things, which he didn´t "like" that much at all.

It will sell a lot, maybe even more than the PC version (all consoles combined). That´s why the focus of TW is the console port and not finishing the PC EA version.

Mods are possible on consoles but of course not that easy as on PC, I believe Microsoft/Sony have to allow them. But there are some games on the consoles that offer mods (Skyrim as one example). PC multiplayer might be already dead when the game launches, so crossplay isn´t needed.

Back
Top Bottom