Feasts by Bloc

Users who are viewing this thread

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
Maybe some of you have wondered... maybe in the period in which Bannerlord takes place feasts have not yet been invented? If so, then Taleworlds' decision not to implement them yet (after all this time of development) into the base game makes sense.

For whom it is important to bring back this fan-loved feature of Warband is once again our dear friend and neighbour Bloc.

Feast implementation in Bannerlord. Like we had in Warband ( but slightly better ) Read below for details.

Things to note:
- Feasts can be organized by both AI and player if conditions are met. You cannot organize a feast under these conditions: If you are at war with a Kingdom ( not minor or clans ), if there is already a feast hosted in your Kingdom at that time if you don't have enough money. All conditions are applied for AI lords as well.
- AI Clan leaders check the conditions above every day, and if conditions are good for feasting, clans ordered from high influence to low start evaluating their financial situation

- calculate how many days they can host a feast and after the decision. a feast announcement gets sent out. Hosting feasts give influence to the host. Also every day, they get stewardship skills and leadership skills at the end of the feast if everyone attends.

- Each AI Clan leader can reject or accept an invitation. This depends on their distance and relationship with the host. This means that if they are too far away, they reject, if they don't like the host clan they can reject. If they reject the invitation, they lose their relationship with the host. If they accept, they gain a relationship with the host. If they accept and do not attend ( because of distance etc ) they lose both relationship and influence. If the clan accepts, they will also be shown on the message board ( also good for players to track/see ongoing feasts)

- If the player hosts a feast, the same is applied as above. However, players won't lose relationships when lords reject ( so you have to keep your grudge personally ) Player also earns a little bit extra influence than AI to keep things balanced.

- When feasts are happening, you will notice leaf/confetti falling on cities. This is an indication of the feast. You can barge in to feast like in Warband as long as you have permission and/or bribed the gate marshall. - Almost every feast also hosts tournaments in town.

- When you enter the scene, you will see that there is a musician entertaining the lords and ladies and they clap/enjoy/get drunk, etc. depending on their characters ( if he/she is calculating, reads a book rather than being drunk, for example )

- If a war breaks out during the feast period, feasts get canceled and you get a notification ( if you are in the kingdom ) and every AI does what war times expect them to do. The host would then get refunded its gold, minus some random cost back since the feast didn't happen completely.

- Since being a commoner feature in the same module, I also blocked players to join to feasts ( cannot bribe) since it wouldn't make much sense to join in such a classy event with tier 0 and commoner clothes.

- Everything was done in ~1 day. Not a full day so I'm not sure how many hours exactly.

If it's technically possible and doesn't take more than a day to implement as a demo, I wonder how blurred Taleworlds vision™ is that doesn't realise the importance of certain things.

4elcV.png

@Callum and @Dejan , I hope™ that this graphic document in the form of feedback in the fullest sense of the word will be brought to the attention of the right people as such. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Amazing. Considering this took an unpaid modder 1 day, and it was in the last game in the series... why doesn't vanilla Bannerlord have this, and other Warband features, after 10 years of development?

Judging by this and Bloc's other videos, it seems like only a week or so's work for a couple of Taleworlds employees is all that is needed for Bannerlord's feature base to be a complete improvement over Warband. But after two years of early access we're still here.

Last edited:
Amazing. Considering this took an unpaid modder 1 day, and it was in the last game in the series... why doesn't vanilla Bannerlord have this, and other Warband features, after 10 years of development?

Judging by this and Bloc's other videos, it seems like only a week or so's work for a couple of Taleworlds employees is all that is needed for Bannerlord to be a complete improvement and straight upgrade over Warband. But after two years of early access we're still here.
Agreed. I actually think something is deeply wrong and dysfunctional at TW.

Does anyone really think they will be influenced by any of this? They must already know how easily they could implement these things, they just don't want to. Perhaps there is a tiny chance that they're secretly waiting until the final update before release to add in all of this stuff. Just seems so unlikely.

Does anyone really think they will be influenced by any of this? They must already know how easily they could implement these things, they just don't want to. Perhaps there is a tiny chance that they're secretly waiting until the final update before release to add in all of this stuff. Just seems so unlikely.

If nothing else , its reassuring to see that such things can added and modded into the game relatively easily. As for TW .... Pfff who knows!

And to think we had all these small but immersive features for granted in previous M&B games... really can't comprehend how Armagan's vision for the series changed so much.

All I can hope for is that they (TW) are waiting for the game to be bug free before adding features. Otherwise I dont know what they are doing

If it's technically possible and doesn't take more than a day to implement as a demo, I wonder how blurred Taleworlds vision™ is that doesn't realise the importance of certain things.
They can't make the AI do anything but raid and join armies..... can't even make them buy enough food on the way. It's like they made this make shift fix for snowballing and then built the game on top of it. But really it's in no way good enough for anything other then a testing demo and it's long outlived it's usefulness. I say this because I know the TW explanation is always "If we add_____ then we have to change ____ and ____ and ____ so...." but YES TW you do have to change all those things! Virtually everything feels like a place holder or a rough draft, especially the newer additions like OOB and child education.
It's very frustrating because IMO the mid game campaign actually becomes worse then in warband with AI somehow being more relentless and cheaty (endless armies and mercs) and incompetent (can't finish' siege, runs out of food/money) so there's really nothing to be trying to protect or build on, it all needs to be replaced! SO yeah, add the feasts, fix whatever problem the feasts causes, then make it even better, then add another feature and fix that too!

Agreed. I actually think something is deeply wrong and dysfunctional at TW.
Something is off for sure. I wish they could have come up with some way to reach out remotely for help from modders and/or just additional game making elves, brains, muscle, whatever they need to get the game fleshed out. It's very frustrating because even if they didn't add a single new feature now there's still hundreds of things that need serious fixes and balancing.

Too complicated for the player btw :party:
Yes please bring back the feasting and the butter.

62CD8031E7246519CA4DE4B89238C671E7904C8A
Yeah I just wanna siege them during their feats. **** the AI.

I'm of the opinion that Taleworlds should hire Bloc.

However, at this point, the best thing to be done is to release the final game, address what bugs can be fixed, and then make the game as modder friendly as possible.

I'm of the opinion that Taleworlds should hire Bloc.

However, at this point, the best thing to be done is to release the final game, address what bugs can be fixed, and then make the game as modder friendly as possible.
The best thing to be done is for one or two Taleworlds employees to put in the less than a week of work that Bloc has demonstrated it takes to add these missing Warband features, and *then* address major bugs/balance problems, make the game as modder friendly as possible, and then release. With minor bug/balance fixes post release.

Releasing before the game is fun or stable or ready for modders will effectively waste the hype of release. MP players or modders who left because the game was unfinished, hear about release, think "it must be finally ready", come back, see things are still unfun and unfinished, and leave again... That will waste the potential of release.

Back
Top Bottom