Feasting as a female character

Users who are viewing this thread

Gnashar

Recruit
Hi,

As a female character, I have found I'm unable to start a feast. The dialogue option to initiate it with my husband is not present.

My save game:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2gft0qrkawchqs/sg03.sav?dl=0

I have been told on the VC forum that it is a problem with Native, however the following thread indicates otherwise - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,339530.0.html

Indeed, I've taken a look at the entry in the conversation.txt file, and the conditions appear to be different between VC and Native, which I assume means that this may be a problem with VC alone?:

VC:
dlga_spouse_talk:spouse_organize_feast 69631 1899  6 2147483848 1 504403158265495600 520 3 1224979098644774912 360287970189639680 30 32 2 1224979098644774912 0 1506 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 2109 2 1224979098644774913 2 31 2 1224979098644774913 1 I_was_thinking_that_perhaps_we_could_host_a_feast  2177  0 NO_VOICEOVER

Native:
dlga_spouse_talk:spouse_organize_feast 69631 469  1 2147483848 1 504403158265495600 I_was_thinking_that_perhaps_we_could_host_a_feast  724  0 NO_VOICEOVER

Thanks

Yes thanks, in fact the save game link I posted above is from the 2.010 beta, but the dialogue option does still not appear. I'm not sure if it is a problem generally, or if my game is bugged?

Hi Gnashar,
I will take a look ASAP.

I have been told on the VC forum that it is a problem with Native, however the following thread indicates otherwise - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,339530.0.html

Thats another mod, nothing to do with VC.

You savegame seems to be bugged. I found 2 guys with the same name in the same place... Did you mod anything?

Thanks for having a look  :grin:

The two characters in the same place is my character's husband - he's in his fief. One sprite always appears in his fief, regardless of where he is with his army. The other only appears if he is in town with his army, and he duplicates in the lord's hall. You'll notice if he leaves, one character stays behind while the other is in the field. I guess it is a bug, but it kind of doesn't bother me too much. The feast thing is more bothersome though.

I haven't modded anything at all, it's just been this way since my character got married.

Here're the steps I took, if it helps:

1. Got married and joined Alt Clut faction via my character's husband (I didn't swear fealty to the liege, and didn't hold any fiefs at the time). He only held a couple of villages as fiefs, so didn't have a hall of his own.
2. As part of Alt Clut, I took down Rath Celtair and it was awarded to me as my only fief. My husband's sprite then permanently started appearing there, even though he wasn't there with his army. This was really useful, as he was always nearby.
3. I eventually spoke to him and declared independence from Alt Clut. He joined me as my vassal, with no fiefs of his own.
4. I took down Dun Breatann and gave Rath Celtair to him after moving my court.
5. Took out the rest of Alt Clut.

I checked an old save, and there was no feast option back after my character first took Rath Celtair either. I've just never had the option.

Sorry about the confusion with the link to the other thread, I just meant people were saying that characters were able to feast in native.

Hope that helps? I was wondering if there's any way to modify the save game to fix it? I'd really like to have a go at taking over as much as I can, but I think if I have a lot of vassals, I'll really need feasts to help keep them happy. I'm equally happy to start again, but I'm worried that the same thing will happen, as I don't know what caused the issue - I haven't messed with anything so it's all very strange.

I appreciate your help, thanks

Hello Celtibero,

I was wondering if there was any update on this, whether the additional details above helped identify an issue at all?

Thanks

Gnashar said:
Ah ok. That's a shame. Thanks.

I think you just have to roleplay it. In these times being a female ruler would have been hard, maybe many lords would publicly reject your company based on just that (even the upstanding ones). But they'll still privately accept your bribes and gifts :grin:.

kraggrim said:
I think you just have to roleplay it. In these times being a female ruler would have been hard, maybe many lords would publicly reject your company based on just that (even the upstanding ones). But they'll still privately accept your bribes and gifts :grin:.

Yeah. In some ways, knowing it's not going to be changed makes things a little easier. I'll just get on with invading some more west coast cities :smile:

Back
Top Bottom