Favourite map?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mabons

So far whats your favourite maps folks?

I'm loving field by the river, and ruins makes some good stuff too.

Hmm I think I would say ruins, so many little buildings for teams to control. It really forces out the teamwork within the group and some tactics. I love playing as a rhodok on that map and taking the buildings with some crossbowmen while infantry cover the doors.

mb39.jpg

edit Only in M&B would your attempt to take a suitably epic screenshot be ruined by someone talking about raping corpses :lol:

Village!  I love all the hidey-holes and NOTHING is quite as satisfying as perfectly timing a swing and whacking a Khergit right off his horse as he gallops around a corner!  :grin:

Ruins, nice open spaces for cool cavalry fights but alot of buildings and obstacles aswell wich infantry can use. Also it's the least effective camping map i've experienced (i HATE camping). least favorite: village..i'm a cavalry type.

Field by the river is nice (except when there's khergit involved) because it isn't HILLSHILLSHILLSHILLS like some of the other maps, and it has a lot of places to protect/take cover and a some good open spaces as well.

Village, because of the intense infantry combat. I don't really have a least favorite map, I like the others equally. More maps would be really welcome nonetheless.

Also, why isn't this a poll? What were you thinking? :I

Possibly. One of the fun things about that map and ruins is watching various corpses and horses go flying skywards from the hamlet. In fact I was stood next to the fire in that hamlet in a TDM game when a Hunter comes sailing from the wall next to the tower, arcs over the valley and lands in that cabbage patch. Reminded me of that scene in Holy Grail where they launch the cow via trebuchet ...

I tell you, if Warband gets a Vorpal Bunny, I'm ****ting bricks.

But on a more relevant note, the weirdest one I had was on Castle. Leapt of the wall, was headshot in midflight and my body ricocheted off the ground, then the skybox, then slid down a map wall. :/

Field by the river, because it's nicely balanced. Village is good for infantry battles, but the team spawing in the villige has a quite large advantage if the right tactics are used.

The others are OK, I usually have the least fun on Ruined Castle.

My rankings:
1.Field by the river
2. Village
3. Ruins
4. Ruined Castle

Lezzard said:
Field by the river, because it's nicely balanced. Village is good for infantry battles, but the team spawing in the villige has a quite large advantage if the right tactics are used.

Yeah, village can be quite frustrating on battle, but it's awesome on TDM.

Back
Top Bottom