Favourite army builds.

Users who are viewing this thread

So far my most enjoyable army build was go Genghis khan style and created an army with 90 Heavy Horse Archers and 50 heavy Lancers. This made my army so fast across the campaign map I could catch any lord and so decided to target the largest kingdom and went round executing their lord's untill smaller kingdoms finally gobbled him up.

I really enjoy horse archers awell, but I feel like they have diminishing returns after a certain number.. They kinda end up blocking eachother..

My favourite kind of army has always been a good solid block of heavy infantry, I just really hope formations because a lot better at fighting

I really enjoy horse archers awell, but I feel like they have diminishing returns after a certain number.. They kinda end up blocking eachother..

My favourite kind of army has always been a good solid block of heavy infantry, I just really hope formations because a lot better at fighting
Yeah they do begin to block each other especially on forested maps but then you just try to kite them while firing untill the rest retreat pretty fun way to go.

So far my most enjoyable army build was go Genghis khan style and created an army with 90 Heavy Horse Archers and 50 heavy Lancers. This made my army so fast across the campaign map I could catch any lord and so decided to target the largest kingdom and went round executing their lord's untill smaller kingdoms finally gobbled him up.

Is it hard to take a castle with that setup?

Best tactic is have an army of about 50 Battanian Fians (Champions if possible)

These are the best archers in the game, just bring them to a high ground on the map and let the enemy get mowed down as they charge.

I've done this and taken down armies x5 the size of mine

I run with about 30-40 Battian Fian Champions holding a hill behind 70-100 Sturgian Veterans/Imperial Legionaires in Shield Wall formation. have taken out armies of 600+ with my 100-150 men suffering roughly 20-30 dead/wounded infantry. My archers typically take 0 losses so the fian are easily maintained and I snatch up more whenever I see them because they average about 70% of my armies kills throughout a fight

Battanian archers FTW! They make up the core of my army with infantry and cavalry (any faction) there to keep the enemy away from the archers.

atm i use palatine archers with a mix of battanian sturgian and empire infantry and as for cavalry i like to have vlandian and empire cav

Vlandian Vanguards. I roll 50-70 deep with them and just wreck just about anything I want.

I am careful around 300+ sizes and the very hilly terrain. I've had to rebuild a few times.

Back
Top Bottom