Favorite Heavy Mounted Unit

What is your favorite heavy mounted unit?

• Swadian Knight

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Lancer

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Veagir knight

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:
Swadian Kinghts coz they're good survivors. I can't be arsed to train up a new one whenever one of 'em falls.

Ya swandian knights r probable the best.

There is absolutely no doubt that the Swadian Knights are the top unit in the game.  The ratio of troops in most average of my battles is 3:1 for the enemy(regardless of their faction) and once I built up my Swadian Knights as my core Cavalry I've never lost.  My record I believe is 120 or so Swadian Knights against 600+ enemies.  With my full complement of 285 Knights I've toppled armies larger than 1000 without loosing more than 50 men.  Difficulty is maxed out besides the realistic saving thing and no hacks/edits implemented

I find the Swadian knights more so than the Vaegirs will have a lance as apposed to a sword for their main weapon.  Which works best with my tactics of running in, killing of a ton of troops, regrouping up a hill charging again and again and again.

swadian knights are obviously the best of the lot.

but DAMN! those khergits lancers are annoying. they're a M&B version of suicide bombers, easy to kill but unbelievably effective at killing even your most elite soldiers.

Lady knights!  :lol:

...fine, swadian knights, a poor substitute in comparison but it's the best option out there.

Vaegir Knights, I say.

unconnected said:
There is absolutely no doubt that the Swadian Knights are the top unit in the game.  The ratio of troops in most average of my battles is 3:1 for the enemy(regardless of their faction) and once I built up my Swadian Knights as my core Cavalry I've never lost.  My record I believe is 120 or so Swadian Knights against 600+ enemies.  With my full complement of 285 Knights I've toppled armies larger than 1000 without loosing more than 50 men.  Difficulty is maxed out besides the realistic saving thing and no hacks/edits implemented

:neutral:

Troll said:
Vaegir Knights, I say.

unconnected said:

just curious, y u pick veagir knights?

Khergits are light cavalry, they shouldn't be on this pool.
Vaegir knigths have a huge axe as their main weapon, they tend to destroy the enemy alot faster than swadians and are very good dismouted, they have huntes which makes then way faster than sawds.
Swadian knigths on the other hande have better armour more armoured horses and lances, a perfect impact cavalry, however, wen dismounted they will use great lances, and only 10% or less of them have morningstars.

Well when I made this poll I was thinking of not giving the option of lancer because they r light cavalry. I didn't want to have 2 choices so I put up lancer so there r 3 choices.

DarkAnd said:
Vaegir knigths have a huge axe as their main weapon, they tend to destroy the enemy alot faster than swadians and are very good dismouted, they have huntes which makes then way faster than sawds.
Swadian knigths on the other hande have better armour more armoured horses and lances, a perfect impact cavalry, however, wen dismounted they will use great lances, and only 10% or less of them have morningstars.
Well you are soooooo wrong.....First of all 10% of swad knights have lances.Swad men at arms have almost always lances but they also have a shield and a sword....Pointless to say you never played with a swadian knight and if you played they would be the enemies because you only noticed the lances.....which are the most annoying.My opinion.....

Swadian knights for life!!!!!!

Petros15 said:
DarkAnd said:
Well you are soooooo wrong.....First of all 10% of swad knights have lances.Swad men at arms have almost always lances but they also have a shield and a sword....Pointless to say you never played with a swadian knight and if you played they would be the enemies because you only noticed the lances.....which are the most annoying.My opinion.....

Swadian knights for life!!!!!!
'
Vaegir for life!

the extra reach of those lances makes all the difference when you're dudes are chasing some straggler around the map swinging his axe to and fro.  By the time he can get within range to land a swing he has 3 lances in him.  Plus 80% of the kills happen in that first charge when the enemies are mowed down under lance and hoof

soygamer said:
Troll said:
Vaegir Knights, I say.

unconnected said:

just curious, y u pick veagir knights?

I like them more. Besides, they are better in sieges.

Back
Top Bottom