Favorite Hand to Hand Combat Weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

No, I wasn't really wrong, because that spanish sword (discoveries era) is propper for its time. (Useful when in combat against a bunch of bayonet guys and its flexibility/weight allows good mobility)
But that against a medieval good sword has no chance.

The zweihander is very nice in my opinion
Two-handed_Zweihander_Sword.jpg

In addition to that also the Flamberge 
834023-sd901098_flamberge_sword_super.jpg

CSA-Rifle-Sword.jpg

Sure sure, I know this one's a bti of a cheat but I found this one intresting. It's basically like a bayonet except alot more efficient at melee. On the battlefeild it may have been a pain to interswitch though, and not as practical as the trusted bayonet.

Winterz said:
No, I wasn't really wrong, because that spanish sword (discoveries era) is propper for its time. (Useful when in combat against a bunch of bayonet guys and its flexibility/weight allows good mobility)

What the **** are you on about?

Dahobo24 said:
the Flamberge

Good to know: Flamberge ain't actually a weapon, IIRC, but a pattern in the blade. Any wavy sword is a "flamberge".

Here's a sexy court sword with flambard:
450px-Epees-p1030433.jpg

Winterz said:

I think you'll find that it depends rather more on whether there's armour, and of what sort, involved - not the sword design, per se.  Against an un-armoured opponent, I'd be putting my money on the fastest blade, not the heaviest.  And Spanish steel was renowned for its quality, was it not?

Mine is the axe.  It will break shields, swords, spears, bone, and horses.  You can throw it. And is great for fighting multiple foes.  I am a big fan of the claymore too.  The claymore is great against mounted solders, and hacking throw someones shield.  The Scandinavian broad sword has a special place in my hart.  And the pole axe is an awesome weapon.  Its big, can chop, poke, hook. What else do you need. 

Jason the Barbarian said:
Mine is the axe.  It will break shields, swords, spears, bone, and horses.  You can throw it. And is great for fighting multiple foes.  I am a big fan of the claymore too.  The claymore is great against mounted solders, and hacking throw someones shield.  The Scandinavian broad sword has a special place in my hart.  And the pole axe is an awesome weapon.  Its big, can chop, poke, hook. What else do you need.
Hands, since I ate yours.

I must say that the NAA22S mini-revolver is the best. It is really small and lethal if shot in the right place. The problem is that it is a .22 so I guess its more of a chipmunk killing gun.

My all time favorite is the longsword:
armoredls1.jpg

Not the most efficient weapon perhaps, but it can give a nasty cut as well as thrust in deep.  The pommel can also make a fearsome weapon.  I'm also partial to scimitars, which are great weapons for what they are designed to do (mainly cut, especially off horseback, but not so great vs armor).

Back
Top Bottom