Fatal Error Sound Bank

Users who are viewing this thread

InsanoPotato

Recruit
Every time I try to start a new game, I get a fatal error saying I need to get the sound banks files. I don't know what this is and I've never experienced prior to this I've already deleted the entirety of the game and reinstalled it and I still have the same issue.

Can someone explain it or give me advice?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I've completely erased all the mods and I've done a clean install of Bannerlord. When I launch it through nexus, it doesn't freeze, but when I launch it through steam, the game crashes.

I've had the same this morning. One of these solved the issue though can't say which.
- deleting C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Sounds\PC folder and verifying the game files.
- unplugging the headphones. (plugged back in after game successfully launched)
- installing the windows update and restart. (yeah, there was an update waiting and this is the last thing I did before the game ran OK, so it is my main suspect)

I've had the same this morning. One of these solved the issue though can't say which.
- deleting C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Sounds\PC folder and verifying the game files.
- unplugging the headphones. (plugged back in after game successfully launched)
- installing the windows update and restart. (yeah, there was an update waiting and this is the last thing I did before the game ran OK, so it is my main suspect)
Unfortunately none of these options helped.

Back
Top Bottom