Fast way to upgrade troops?

Users who are viewing this thread

mount_linux

Recruit
Hi!
I have modded native module for mount & blade for own use. Now lords have more than 500 troops, kings 1500+, castles 500+, towns 1200+. Also recruiting gives from 10 to 100 men (and planning to double). Experience gained for party from battles is now 4x more than normal. Food consumption must set low because i cant always be somewhere buying more food. Because of great experience and large parties there can be over 100 troops that must be upgraded after each battle. So i seek quicker way to do upgrading. The ctrl key does not help as it does in unit garrisoning or buying items. How i can upgrade example 100 recruits all in one click instead of 100 clicks...

I like the bigger parties in relation to kings etc. but those numbers are way too drastic i think but its a good idea in the way recruiting and upgrading is faster, however... are you going to make it even in regards to building up your own party size faster... making it easier?

I've seen someone post a solution for this in The Forge, if I remember correct he included a mass upgrade in the camp menu. I don't remember more about this so you have to search there, sorry.

Upgrading is one of the (if not the only) things that crtl-clicking doesn't work with. I believe the devs are planning to fix that for Warband, and might add it to vanilla in a patch.

Lennit said:
You can press ctrl X and it instantly gives the selected troop 1000xp (In the party menu)
That only works when you have cheats activated and it only gives them experience, what he wants is a way to upgrade troops many troops at once who already have enough experience.

By the way, I found the post from Rubik for quicker upgrades

Or simply sparring with them, at a training field. If I have a lot of recruits I look for a training field, and let 'em have it. They come in 4 men packs. :smile: On one single day I can train more than 50. Without the large number mods, so it is a good number. Oh, and my training skill is about 6 or 7, so at midnight, the remaining more retarded :grin: recs are going to level up. Then, if I've got only 2-3 recr remaining, I going to look for a little trouble with some Sea raiders, low level deserters. But I don't know how it works with more than 500 and 1000 men. :smile: So, try it, and make your choice...

If a unit is ready to upgrade, you have to click on a "upgrade to" button, right? I think that what mount_linux is asking for is a way to have that button upgrade everyone that's ready to upgrade at once. He knows how to give them experience, it's just the hassle of clicking them one by one.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1239909.html#msg1239909

TheMageLord said:
You can adjust xp earned during battle and the speed of npcs leveling up with the _xp_multiplier's in module.ini.

As far as the direct after-battle xp gain, search scripts.txt for
2108 2 1224979098644774922 100 1674
The 100 is the divisor for party XP shares. Changing it to 50 would result in double xp for after-battle xp gain.

Honor lost for refusal to ransom lords is in menus.txt, search for
1 2 936748722493063326 -1
The -1 is the amount of honor to subtract. It's only 1 honor lost by default.

If you really want to break the bank, you can use decimal places too.

Just realised that in warband I am able to upgrade troops to higher level in masses. Just holding ctrl key while pressing.

Back
Top Bottom