SP - General Farms, Workshops, Production Chains, Businesses and trade tacts

Users who are viewing this thread

Farms

Allowing players too build farms in villages would be a great idea. Such as wheat or hops etc. This could greatly improve the merchant gameplay and feed into my other suggestions in this thread and in others.

Workshops

Expanding workshops too process items produced in farms or even other workshops adds an additional layer too the trade game but with adding more items and refined items that are more profitable it could be worth it.

Production Chains

Following my other two suggestions in this thread would generally lead too creating production chains and setting up transports of goods then sending them too market either in the town that they are finished in or through caravans too other towns (or a bit of both). This adds an excellent mechanic too the game allowing players too find area's suitable too (I will use beer production line as the example) grow hops, once you find a village that can grow hops (Either due too climate, availability of space, or friendliness of the lord that owns it) you set up a farm then get your hops sent too a brewery (Either selling it too an AI brewery or one you own we are going with one you own for the example) then you can sell it too the markets or maybe even too an inn (See business suggestion below).

Businesses

Expanding businesses that can be owned would greatly improve economic game play allowing player too own properties for rent, or Taverns/Inns, maybe even 'Prostitution' houses (Cause lets be real it was a thing) (Used Prostitution in substitute for other words in respect too potential readers) which could open up generally loads of economic game play options for players as mentioned previously.

Trade-Tacts

All of this could allow very indepth economic gameplay and not just the kind that gets you rich but the kind that a skilled player can use too insure that their fiefs are well supplied, producing max profits, and has a happy population but could also use too cripple the economy of enemy lords/factions, causing starvation (Revolts) and financial ruin.

Also the productions that are set up would generally also feed a bit into the fief they were set up in feeding some of those supplies too the fief itself (Subsequently its lord) as well as taxes. (I made a previous suggestion about fief supply management where this would tie in very well)

I'd love to have a village estate with a small guard of soldiers and a modest income. Obviously villages should only be able to farm what they're already producing, but buying a country estate was often what Romans did to start to establish the legitimacy of their clan, why not in this game?

I'd love to have a village estate with a small guard of soldiers and a modest income. Obviously villages should only be able to farm what they're already producing, but buying a country estate was often what Romans did to start to establish the legitimacy of their clan, why not in this game?

I agree with that, it would give players a home option (item storage) early game (maybe allow them too buy a home in cities) but I think allowing villages too produce more expands general economy options. Maybe do something like can only produces these items (provides list and why (climate, etc)) and then only provide them when the player or AI fill the spots.

Back
Top Bottom