SP Native Farms, guilds, craftsmen v 0.24 (+ howto guide for modders)

Users who are viewing this thread

Talk to Constable Hareck. ALso, the people you become part owners with are the various Zendar merchants, and their dialog changes.

By the way there is no blacksmith yet. But if you want one, you can just copy and paste the armorer or weaponsmith dialog and troops entries and change the name. They're all the same now because I haven't put in customized items yet.

Second, I've noticed that the farms do not give the right money. The money goes up as you add workers, the crop type, with the number of days but everything should be multiplied by about 10.

sheek said:
Too rich? Need something to do with your excess money?

The basic idea of this mod is great, but... if you're already in such a situation that you have all the money you'll ever need, I don't see much point in setting up a system to just earn more money. I realize that you're not trying to build an entire mod here, just add some depth to the economics, but still.. in order for this to be really interesting, becoming a medival capitalist should grant more advantages than just another source of income. Not sure exactly what they should be, though.. :smile: The features listed in v0.2 would give you the ability to use your land as a place to "store" people or items, which is a nice feature, but it feels somewhat contrived having to buy a farm just to do that..? In the real world, "ownership of land and people = political power" was pretty much always true. Not sure how that'd be best implemented into the existing game, though.. I suppose in some ways I think a "capitalism" mod such as this one would make most sense in combination with and as part of a "power & politics" mod of larger scale. Which, btw, would be enormously cool. :smile:

Sorry if I'm not being terribly constructive here, just posting my thoughts. :smile:

MMad said:
sheek said:
Too rich? Need something to do with your excess money?

The basic idea of this mod is great, but... if you're already in such a situation that you have all the money you'll ever need, I don't see much point in setting up a system to just earn more money. I realize that you're not trying to build an entire mod here, just add some depth to the economics, but still.. in order for this to be really interesting, becoming a medival capitalist should grant more advantages than just another source of income. Not sure exactly what they should be, though.. :smile: The features listed in v0.2 would give you the ability to use your land as a place to "store" people or items, which is a nice feature, but it feels somewhat contrived having to buy a farm just to do that..? In the real world, "ownership of land and people = political power" was pretty much always true. Not sure how that'd be best implemented into the existing game, though.. I suppose in some ways I think a "capitalism" mod such as this one would make most sense in combination with and as part of a "power & politics" mod of larger scale. Which, btw, would be enormously cool. :smile:

Sorry if I'm not being terribly constructive here, just posting my thoughts. :smile:

Yeah, Khalid ibn Walid had a whole system set out for that political stuff. I am only planning to let you bribe NPCs to smuggle slaves and illegal merchandise. And yes the only point is to make more money and have access to more troops.

But anyone who wants to add a political mod that is compatible with this one so you can use that money is welcome to do so. Walid's mod seemed unfeasible when he first talked about it but with the new tools I think it can be started.

By the way you can already 'store' troops in this version. Only farmers so far but it shows that it can be done. And that was the point of this mod.

Janus said:
Talk to Constable Hareck. ALso, the people you become part owners with are the various Zendar merchants, and their dialog changes.
Ok thanks. :smile: What about a jail system? You can capture slaves for them that increases the your status by the constables and manhunters and will be more trusted between them. You can lead the manhunters to a bandit camp and capture them and you earn a bounty. The bigger bounty is the more bandits you K.O with the manhunters.

Keeper said:
Janus said:
Ok thanks. :smile: What about a jail system? You can capture slaves for them that increases the your status by the constables and manhunters and will be more trusted between them. You can lead the manhunters to a bandit camp and capture them and you earn a bounty. The bigger bounty is the more bandits you K.O with the manhunters.

I'll think about that.

i love it. i'm halfway through this... an' you got it out. absolute coolness.

i would love ta see the python coding for this... is it done through python or unofficial editor or what?

maybe i'm a bonehead... ok... no maybe's... but i couldn't find a sourcefile in the .rar i downloaded...

maw

maw said:
i love it. i'm halfway through this... an' you got it out. absolute coolness.

i would love ta see the python coding for this... is it done through python or unofficial editor or what?

maybe i'm a bonehead... ok... no maybe's... but i couldn't find a sourcefile in the .rar i downloaded...

maw

There are three separate RAR files on the server - one of them is the python source IIRC

DE

Version 0.25 will be out tomorrow. I got the garrison stuff working (for Zendarian units), added random farm attacks and weaponsmiths, armorers can now make you specific items.

Also finally managed to fix the sw farm. The problem was staring me in the face the whole time. :???:

Tell me what you think of this new version. I know there are a couple of bugs. The weaponsmith's item selection dialog for example. This will be fixed in 0.25 along with any others you find.

Thank you. :grin: I have found a bug: when I try to leave all my men to the farm the computer gets a error I keep pressing ignore and the computer states four times left # watchmen and when I look at my party all my watchmen are gone but the other troop types not when I try to take the men back he gives the sum of all the zendarian troops watchmen, caravan guards and so on that I had before I "left" them to the farm in watchmen. :shock: So I end up in a large army of 30 watchmen and the other troops. :lol:

Hey, I'm having some trouble with the mod. I'm trying to leave guards at my farm but every time I Try, the only dialogue option is "I want to leave every member of this party" or something like that. WHen I click on it, i get an error and it crashes.
"
Assertion failed!
Program: C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\mount&blade.exe
File: d:\armagan\creatures\vertexshader\src\game.h
Line: 1356

Expression stack_no >= 0
"

On a side note, when I checked https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=8&id=89, it says it's version 0.24.
The file is titled farms_guilds_craftsmen-v01g
Am I using the old version?
Th

No, that is the latest version. That's strange. I play tested leaving guards at the farm several times and didn't have any problem. I knew farm attacks and craftsmen would be a problem... I'll have another look.

thaerin said:
Hey, I'm having some trouble with the mod. I'm trying to leave guards at my farm but every time I Try, the only dialogue option is "I want to leave every member of this party" or something like that. WHen I click on it, i get an error and it crashes.
"
Assertion failed!
Program: C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\mount&blade.exe
File: d:\armagan\creatures\vertexshader\src\game.h
Line: 1356

Expression stack_no >= 0
"

On a side note, when I checked https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=8&id=89, it says it's version 0.24.
The file is titled farms_guilds_craftsmen-v01g
Am I using the old version?
Th

Are watchmen the only guards i can leave? I tried bringing watchmen instead of my normal troops (note I also tried townsman), and I got a different dialogue option (i've got some watchmen) and used that this time, worked fine.

If it helps any, I noticed something odd. I load the save from before I bought the farm and crashing it, then I go and buy the farm, so as far as the game should be concerned I just bought it, never been there before. When I talk to Jimmy about the guard arrangments, he says I already have some. Every time I try this and reload, the number of guards goes up.
I guess some variable in the programming is getting incremented and saved before it crashes. Additionally, I can remove those guards from the farm, but nothing is added to my party.
Hope it helps.

Can all of the people having problem with the garrison tell me which farm (east, north or south west) is causing the problems? Thanks.

I have the suspicion that the error came in when I copied and pasted the code I wrote for the other two farmers. At least one farm has a working garrison system.

southwest is the one i'm trying most of the time, I tried the north farm once and had the same problem, haven't tried it again since.

Edit: Hmmm...One thing I realized, all these phantom guards I have are listed as "caravan guards". I just tried removing them though and I got a bunch of caravan guards in my party! But I had never put any at the farm (sw)

Back
Top Bottom