Farewell to Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Roberta

Master Knight
Tonight we hosted what I will presume to be the final pick up party of Warband in North America. Over the past five years I have had the privilege of hosting these events for what I imagine is now close to a thousand unique players. It may not have been the most well run event we've done but it was fun to relive that Warband magic one last time before Bannerlord's release. While we may not always get along and while we definitely have had our differences in the past it has been a great experience getting the North American and European communities together for these events over the years. When we first began these events most of our community was divided into clans with little interaction between each other. Today we finish Warband with players from all backgrounds melding together to play the game that we have all come to cherish. Between the weekly pickups, European tournament teams, scramble leagues and NC teams; these events have brought our NA community together to a level that I have never experience in any game and I hope that can continue in Bannerlord.

I'd like to give a special thanks to those that helped me keep these events going over the years from hosting to captaining and everything in between. A even more special shout out to the following for their efforts in the cause. Sigi, Balek, Alyss, Marquis, Cheeseninja, Ummmmmmmidk, Ebdanian, Easter Cow, Guacc, Thunderbeu, Danate, Predurdur, Ruthven, Beansacks, Whalefish and Chowski. They have helped through server hosting, event hosting and captaining. Without volunteers our community would have died alongside the serious NA competitive scene but they alone helped to keep it going by putting in the time and effort that was necessary.

Lastly I'd like to give a shout out to the following players that took it upon themselves to attend the final pick up of the North American competitive scene. For close to the past decade we have kept our scene going strong and it was a pleasure to experience it one last time tonight. Thank you everyone.

Marquis, Sauron the Black Knight, Easter Cow, LaPache, Abuzet, Zaffa, Ebdanian Admiral, Mar, JarvisAndPi, Ruthven, Jeffrey9792, Sigi, Grimsight, Sean, Roberta, Danate, Lagstro, Matthew, Fiery, PPK157, Squeaks, Serj, WilySly, Aporta, Tito, Vorn, Dane, Nevino, Magerick and Mok.

Final Photo

Always had a great great time attending the pickups. I sure hope we can see something similar in Bannerlord!

Thanks for all the good times and all the time you've put into it.

Back
Top Bottom