FAQs- Please read BEFORE posting!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

zemdu

Sergeant
Frequently asked questions

you may ask whatever questions you have about the mod in this thread.

1.Is this a singleplayer or a multiplayer mod?
We plan to add a multiplayer feature later on, but for now there's only single playing

2. What timeframe is this in?
just before the first punic wars, about 300 bc

3. Will Greece be in it?
At the moment the map is just Italy and the immediate surroundings, this is beacuse I was mostly interested in focusing on Rome's conquest of the peninsula. HOWEVER in the future there MAY be a larger map including Greece etc.
Think of the current one in terms of the Sons of Mars campaign in RTW.

4. Will you include minimods like freelancer, diplomacy etc.?
I will look into putting these kinds of things in later, once all the basics (map/units/items etc.) work fine and there are as little bugs as possible. This is simply to ease the process of locating and removing any issues that arise (its harder to do if there is a lot of code thrown in at once).

5. Why are native models still in the mod?
Simply because I haven't got round to removing them yet. Don't worry, I will.

6. Are you aiming for historical accuracy?
To an extent, but I won't be worrying myself about it endlessly. So some things probably won't be an exact fit to 300 BC

7. This mod looks amazing! When will it be released?
We're working in our own pace, when it's close to release we'll announce it

What Is the WSE.exe?
WSE stands for Warband Script Enhancer, it allows modders to use a variety of new operations allowing new features not possible or otherwise too complicated to do before.
This mod uses WSE codes, hence it requires to be launched with a special game launcher (WSE.exe) to read the operations, otherwise they won't be read by the game creating a multitude of errors and malfunctions.
so if you don't launch the game through the WSE.exe you may run into bugs and problems that otherwise would'nt exist.

Which version of Warband do I need to launch the game?

Cursus Honorum is made for version 1.143, here's a download of that patch
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mountbladewarband/patch/43577.html

I have a new standalone version of the game now, version 1.0001.  The setup wants to install it to the Steam folder.  How can I install it to a separate folder so I can install this and other mods to it once it gets upgraded to 1.143??

zimm out

zemdu said:
Have you tried copying the game to steam apps then installing the patch to the copy?

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately the game installs to Steam (with no way to install to another folder) and is updated automatically.  So I finally found a site where I could get a 1.142 download using my Steam key and upgraded that.  The other websites I'd been given, via these forums, could not be connected to for some reason.  But it is resolved now, and I thank everyone for your responses.

zimm out

In the combat mode, I am closer to my avatar than earlier.  I see no way to adjust the view farther back like it was.  Is there a key for this??

zimm out

There is a key for this indeed, normally all you have to do is press the minus button ( - ) in your number pad:
220px-Numpad.svg.png

+ and the view is closer
- and the view is farther

Back
Top Bottom