FAQ (for anyone who gets stuck "deeply" somewhere) @.~

Users who are viewing this thread

nora_lee

Sergeant at Arms
Hello, friend!

For quite some questions freequently asked in the board, I think it should be of some help to edit a FAQ thread here for anyone who needs an easier check.

BUT, to keep the fun of finding/searching/figuring out in game, I would still advise you to think twice before you click on the spoiler.

First of all, before you are trying to raise a question, I would like you to be clear about the following two points:
* Check and make sure you have properly downloaded and installed the mod files with the latest patch (v1.032) based on Warband v1.153.
* DON'T quick save or quit with tab during the cutsceen!

1. Why I can not enter the cave for the first gem?

2. Where is Borch imprisoned? How to get him out?

3. According to the Star Horn, where and how can I find the second gem?
    Notes:

4. For the star horn saying "The holy force is locked somewhere...", how can I find the third gem?

5. How can I get the information about the National Tournament?

6. Where and how can I derive an iron shield?

7. Where is the horse market?

8. Who is "Lost Knight"? Where and how can I meet/find him?

The Lost Knight is a funny role on a branch line here. After you meet him for four times and kindly talk to him, he will give you a mystery map, which indicates a dungeon adventure for treasure hunt.

9. What is it about the dungeon adventure? How to get there?

Under the lake there is a dungeon for a branch line, where you may achieve various cool stuffs by killing a lot of skeletons, zombies and monsters. The items in the chests will be refreshed every three days. (So far you can only explore three floors there. More adventures will be designed for the next chapter.)
  Read carefully the map you get from the Lost Knight. You will find an entrance by the side of the only lake south east to Jelkala. Walk into the lake and explore the way along the rocks under the water. There are two different ways actually, one towards the gate of the dungeon and another towards a chest.
Tips:
Use the "Mirror of Truth" to see through.

10.How do I get across the sea? What should I do to derive a boat from the sea raiders?

11.How many scores can I get the clue 2 in the horse market?

12.How to get the Secret Scroll?

13.Why my party cap changes back and forth?

14.Who is the samurai guy, named as "Lonely Swordsman"? Where and how can I meet/find him?

The Lost Knight is a role on a branch line here. Defeat him for four times in sum (no need in a row) and then you will be given his sword - "Thunder Breaks".

When you join a combat at the arena in any city, you might meet him after you make a good record of knocking down the combatants. He could appear only once a day.
  Thunder Breaks:

706488320120924165652057.jpg

15. What is the "Certificate of Knight/Warrior" for? How to use it?

16.What's the real purpouse of assigning followers to be commanders of different divisions?

17. What should I do for the quest of hunting forest bandits and recruiting Rolf afterwards?

18. How can I get the special items in the game?

19.What should I do/say for going to the Dark side?
      And for details:
20. How should I complete the "being Rolf to save Melva" quest for the ending?
    Otherwise, please just check if you have installed the latest patch properly.

21. Is there a reference of the character creation?

P.S. I will update this checklist time to time while some other freequent Q&A appear so helpful. Wish you all good luck!

However, above all, please let the sticky posts to guide you .

Thank our friends who are so kind in giving help: splofot, minh4792, Arkantos_federico, BondBroker, Sir Slicer, pokerrkidd, sanzes, Omegaile, Hardyman, DeathXin and others (Pardon if I did not list yet.)

I would have liked to play this mod though I can't have any dialog at all only chinese symbols on the map and weng xiang1 or weng xiang2 standing for dialogs, so it's impossible to play. I'm surprised the way to fix this isnt in the FAQ

hi  The mod looks interesting but i just cant battle in it the arrow buttons make the camera go all in thatt direction and i loose my character its almost impossible to move in battle as u cannot see yourself

if i hot shift it return to my character but as soon as i hit an arrow button to turn or move again it goes into the sky / ground or way off to my left or right of the character.

i cant seem to fix this in options by config buttons or in any mod pref ?      why is the camera automatically linked to the movement buttons ? someone pls help thanks ( i have not had any of the other 9 M&BW mods i play do this in combat) 

Thanks hope somebody can help me  :wink:

Brad hawkeye hawkins said:
hi  The mod looks interesting but i just cant battle in it the arrow buttons make the camera go all in thatt direction and i loose my character its almost impossible to move in battle as u cannot see yourself

if i hot shift it return to my character but as soon as i hit an arrow button to turn or move again it goes into the sky / ground or way off to my left or right of the character.

i cant seem to fix this in options by config buttons or in any mod pref ?      why is the camera automatically linked to the movement buttons ? someone pls help thanks ( i have not had any of the other 9 M&BW mods i play do this in combat) 

Have you tried WASD?

Apolo said:
Brad hawkeye hawkins said:

Have you tried WASD?
Also, check your hot key settings at Camp-->Game setting--> Custom hot key

Hi whats WASD?
and yes i have tried camp setting custom keys there doesn't seem to be a way to stop my camera from going wild, it is like the battle after death camera is linked to my battle when my characters alive so instead of moving him it moves the camera around the battlefield my character as well but i cant see him,

i have screenshots but cant figure out how to add them  :sad:

Options has no camera comands apart from the when fighting mounted etc in first person , and the custom keys in camp game setting are default ?

is there a way to edit your camera in game ?

thanks for the replys guys :smile:

hi yes :mrgreen: silly me

no the w,a,s,d buttons are  {w}  view person, {a} shealth weapon, {s} sheild, {d} is first person view

ok exactly what heappens on my direction movement buttons they move my character but also the camera the -rightt- arrow takes the camera back to the end of the map, the -up- arrow takes the camera into the sky, the -left- arrow takes the camera forward  across the map and the -down- arrow takes the carema to theground so i can only see my ankles

also if i go into first person view  the camera still wanders the map but my characters head disapears but the camera still goes all over the map
it is like the after death camera up, down, left, and right, are stuck linked to my movements of my character? 

As there are no exact options to operate the camera or change camera references in the game options or mod options i am totally stuck at what to do thank u for the help

i hope this description helps - It looks like it has so much to offer and the little i have done by standing still and letting my troops fight looks good. Thanks

Got it had to reinstal then not use the arrow buttons  the map doesnt go crazy in cities anymore either just getting used to the new set up,

Thanks for the help the Mod is Fantastic BTW  :razz:

how can i found the Lost Knight i have defeated the dark forces after they taken castles and towns from the nords and given them back and I aid zendar too  and didn't meet any Lost Knight

Crazzy said:
cant find lost tresaure in adlen and cant progress further in main quest
Please refer to the first question & answer in FAQ. Should you need more help, please let us know the details.

The entrence to the dungeon is well hidden,if im not mistaken its on a hill (the highest one) to your left when you enter the village.

Back
Top Bottom