Fantasy mod (Original thread) Includes FAQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major bummer bug.. starting without weapons(only a quiver on your back) in troll arena.

- Found another bug in Trollish camp. If you go into the merchant, and then use the door back out your suddenly in vanilla zendar. When you then tab out, your still next to Trollish camp however.

Arkki said:
Major bummer bug.. starting without weapons(only a quiver on your back) in troll arena.

- Found another bug in Trollish camp. If you go into the merchant, and then use the door back out your suddenly in vanilla zendar. When you then tab out, your still next to Trollish camp however.

Both have been mentioned a couple of times :razz:

I've just downloaded this and as yet haven't left the Arena.  However I must say I'm impressed with what I have seen so far and the new targetting reticule is fantastic, I love it. :grin:

Gilrain said:
I've just downloaded this and as yet haven't left the Arena.  However I must say I'm impressed with what I have seen so far and the new targetting reticule is fantastic, I love it. :grin:

Thank you for the compliments :smile:

Really cheered me up :razz:

Anyway, as for a progress report, I've finished 6 some trollish helmets , all variations of one kind.
also, some texture have better quality.

I've been taking a brief break though. Tests and school projects and just having some fun :razz:

Soon I'll start on the bugs and more stuff for 0.7

An idea for the trolls:  for my Upgrade Tree mod, I recently stumbled upon the idea of equipping troops with a single throwing axe or javelin.  It's helpful both for realism and to prevent the stupid archer AI from wrecking an otherwise formidable force.

This mod is great! I have played more as elven archer, not any missions, just looked for a battle and joined it. The trolls definitely should be tougher, or arrows less powerful. Minor typo: found loot called "cylcops eyes". Should it be "cyclops eye"?

You also might want to know you spelled teeth "theeth" on a trophy. Also the minotaur should do more damage, in my opinion; it's really weak.

Nice mod man, you beat mine to release :grin:. I played it for a while yesterday, and I knowticed that all of the natural scenes are on the ork side of the map, so I cant visit them without the chance of getting run over by orks.

And off topic: Is your name supposed to be like High elf warrior like a 'high' elf (as in marijuania) or high elf warrior like a Highelf (race) that is a warrior...

Just curious you know.

Voutare said:
Nice mod man, you beat mine to release :grin:. I played it for a while yesterday, and I knowticed that all of the natural scenes are on the ork side of the map, so I cant visit them without the chance of getting run over by orks.

And off topic: Is your name supposed to be like High elf warrior like a 'high' elf (as in marijuania) or high elf warrior like a Highelf (race) that is a warrior...

Just curious you know.

They are empty scenes, no real purpose in visiting them *yet*

Btw, My name is from the famous Highelves from Tolkien, the Highelvenwarriors of the last alliance. The top notch warriors, basicly :razz:

It has nothing to do with marijuana :lol:

Highelfwarrior said:
Caravan said:
elf
You did made a troll head and we are changing to troll head divison.
Can you made a skull? :razz:

I'm not sure if I get it :neutral:

Oh, well, going to sleep now.

i believe he wands a skull as his head and to be able to modify them similar to how you did trolls, but i'm not sure.

heh, I'm way to busy to do such things. Total new face animation takes way more time than you'd imagine. Not to mention I'd have to model a skull and all that...

Progress report:

With the help of Ancientwanker explaining, I'm trying to get a specific armourer for each factions --

Troll armorers get trollish stuff, and alliance get alliance stuff. Sound simple, but its hella bunch of work.

I'm hoping to get this finished for 0.7.

Also,been having some more fun in wings. Again like I said I've made 6 trollish helmets, a today I've spent some time on, simple, trollish swords. I think I made some scimitar, a blade, and a trollish longsword or something.

Again, maybe screenies later :razz:

so about those textures, will there be an improvement? i mean, they're decent, but they're a little plain. maybe find a texturer, or get better ones somehow.

Well then, I get 1001.

fantasy4.jpg

fantasy5.jpg

fantasy6.jpg

fantasy7.jpg

fantasy8.jpg

fantasy9.jpg

fantasy10.jpg

fantasy11.jpg

fantasy12.jpg

fantasy13.jpg

fantasy14.jpg

fantasy15.jpg

Fantasy16.jpg

fantasy17.jpg

Progress report :

I finally came to wrapping the new trollish stuff up in a picture.

1cw0.jpg

Other than that progress :

Fixed the trollish arena bug thingie, where you could continuesly leave and regain your money. (atleast I think its fixed. I still need to test for assurance though)

And halfway done the unique merchant thing --

Currently armorers will sell trollish stuff for trolls and alliance stuff for alliance. (then you cant mix up and wear human helmets as a troll, and waist money on it. unless you loot it and wear it :razz: ) I still need to do the weaponsmith though.

Probably some more stuff but I cant remember.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention,
The left upmost item is not a regular item, its something thats only buyable by player (or some enemy hero commander or something), and will not appear on the battlefield in regular trollish hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom